The Drifting help thread.

^^Ebrake?

So i suppose you guys want to enter like this:

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/15384239"]Dave Briggs - Top 8 Battle @ XDC Texas, 2010 on Vimeo[/ame]

That's what I usually do, clutchkick then ebrake. Sucks that his clutch crapped out, would've been an easy win. That track looks awesome, wish I could've drove it, but real glad I didn't haha.

Damnnn... I remember Briggs car before he put it through hell, looks FUCKED in that video. And his clutch blowing sucks almost as much as the guy he's tandeming with, hahha.

3346491012_eebddd9a62_o.jpg

Wow this Thread is amazing. Tried to drift for the first time the other night and kept spinning out. This will help and advance my intial dirft. I tried to power through to start the drift in 2nd gear but as soon as I would start to accelerate even harder to keep the wheels spinning i'd just spin out. Learning a lot from here, so don't think you guys time is being wasted because it def is not. Thanks again!

By the way I kept using the Shift Lock method on wet road conditions. <--prob has a big hint to why I kept spinning out.

Last edited:
more counter steer and faster. predict when the backend will step out from practice and quickly countersteer a fraction of a second b4 it does. this helped me when i was learning. have fun and WATCH OUT FOR THAT CURB!

I used to shift lock all the time when I was learning. It makes things easy and less scary cause you slow down a good amount.

Back
Top Bottom