The Drifting help thread.

This is pure awesomeness..

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/15313352"]Intec Racing/Pro-am Nationals Driver: Kyle Pollard on Vimeo[/ame]

not much. Its an NA corolla, and he cant keep 3rd gear going.

I don't think that was 3rd. Watch the rest of the video. He's running 4th at Evergreen no problem. That roadcourse stuff sucked though. Dude was creeping into the turns and doing manji entries. Not awesome at all.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

LOL this dude looks soo scared when he's driving, and is not good at driving.

Just because it's in-car doesn't mean it needs to go in the drifting help thread. Bad drivers can put cameras in their cars too.

Whats wrong feinting/manji'ing into the turns?

When i see in-car vids, i always look at what the guy is doing and see if he messes up. If there something hes doing that causes that, i will take it into note, same goes for the opposite. Take the gs300 for example posted in this thread somewhere, the dude was all over the place, too much hand movement, guy trying to do so much when not much correcting was needed.

feinting/manji that harshly = time could have spent going faster. also, you scrub a lot of addition speed doing the slide and waiting for the switchback. makes you 10mph or more slower AND makes it more likely you will be offline on the entry. for practice, fun, and demo purposes its ok... for competition its no good.

True but its not like hes following someone, trying to keep his speed up i mean.

Get what you saying about his line. Probably the reason he couldnt link the 2nd to 3rd corner on his first run.

Still, i think manji'ing is sweet.

Btw, why cant we have a track like that?

I didn't like it because he was always cruising sooo slow into the first turn, and then doing a manji-entry on top of that. Manji entries are for Australia. You can flick the car super hard without a manji and it looks way better in my opinion.

Dude seems like a real good driver, and totally capable of doing a cool entry, don't know why he kept doing that?

manji entries are for bros that are too scared to intiate fast. You can initiate slower and build speed in drift, then just transition into the entry.

I didn't like it because he was always cruising sooo slow into the first turn, and then doing a manji-entry on top of that. Manji entries are for Australia. You can flick the car super hard without a manji and it looks way better in my opinion.

Dude seems like a real good driver, and totally capable of doing a cool entry, don't know why he kept doing that?

Lol, I noticed Australians LOVE to monji entry as well...

Back
Top Bottom