Testing Waters! Tandem Only Event! Poll!

Should we Organize a Tandem Only Event at Countyline

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest i think u should make cages required. After making the trip to formula D, watching and talking to the pro and pro am event coordinators, i think it should be mandatory to have a cage to tandem. if u really want the sport to take off and u want events to come down the south florida then u need cars that are actually built to perform. if u let people tandem with out cages then u give them no incentive to put one in and if a real event ever comes, then people wont have cars that are capable of competing.

i was against the whole cage thing but it brought up a good point...time to look for a cage :/ minimal requirement ? 2point cage? :p

i rather try to slide rather than watch

I love how the people who voted "No" are the beginner drifters. How many events do we do for beginners? Pretty much all are events for beginners.... We have a skid pad event every 2 weeks for you guys.
This is the first event ever geared towards experienced drivers.
Hell I'm a beginner drifter(I suck) and I think this is going to be awesome to see.

My question for the guys up North. If the event was held on a Sunday, how many of you would be able to make it? Also the event would have to be held in the morning to give them time to travel back early. Eek, I better load up on the sunscreen then.

sunday or saturday is fine with me. just give us a non-combative date and some notice. it would be nice to be early to afternoon.. like 10-5 or something, rather than 12-7, 4 hours of a drive and then work next day sucks ><

I'm Probably gonna murder some names here forgive me lol

Guys that are currently still sliding:
1. BoxMod, 2. Jeremy Lowe, 3. Bill Fisher(William Stinger), 4. Estie Falero, 5. Shant Karakouzian, 6. Bert Abalos, 7. Finkelwinnie, 8. Chris Jackson, 9. Jerry Montero, 10. Sean Mcqueen, 11. Juan Henao, 12. Erick Mahle, 13. Jerry Warren, 14. Jesus Arnaez, 15. Anthony Basileo 16. Dan Chilton, 17. Rodd Becker, 18. Nick BigiePigie, 19. VertCarlos I probably forgot alot people forgive me if i did....

Guys that I haven't seen in awhile:
Raffi Karakouzian, Ryan Kaufman, Kyle, Hasy, Gary James,

And thats not naming all the orlando and tampa guys i don't know lol

chris kastner lol me

sunday or saturday is fine with me. just give us a non-combative date and some notice. it would be nice to be early to afternoon.. like 10-5 or something, rather than 12-7, 4 hours of a drive and then work next day sucks ><

Yeah daytime event would definitely be easier on the people driving 3+ hrs to get there.

i wanna see this shit i think their are more drivers that can tandem they just havent hit events in a while

I love how the people who voted "No" are the beginner drifters. How many events do we do for beginners? Pretty much all are events for beginners.... We have a skid pad event every 2 weeks for you guys.
This is the first event ever geared towards experienced drivers.
Hell I'm a beginner drifter(I suck) and I think this is going to be awesome to see.
it was my opinion. im not a fan of watching any sports.. or even carshows. i prefer to be in it.

Last edited:
why dont you make a big florida bash type thing have all the dudes with cage's come out and tandem together and also some potential for spaced out runs for ppl with no cages. or just the first part if you really wana keep it strictly tandem.

The idea is strictly tandem. I am pretty sure he is gauging interest in this because the driver's who have been dedicated to this sport since day 1 haven't really had anything done for them since drifting got somewhat big in Florida. So the spaced out tandem runs without cages would really be going against what this event is designed for. This will rock if it happens. I would love to see some on track carnage from super close tandems, bumping, scraping, gangster entries, and shredding tires.

Shappa and I already came up with a name for this event and I think it rocks but it will not be revealed until the event is finalized.

Yea i wanna see wall tapping tire/door scraping love taps and shit.but i dont think it would get that intense

thats what the plan is... to make it a big tandem bash.

we cant really make it a big bash type of event like All Star Bash or something simply because the track is no where near good enough for that lol

maybe like Florida Fiesta haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom