Ter-Tech presents a 2 Day Drift practise at a parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is awesome, i've been waiting for this moment my entire life, i can finally showcase my skills WITHOUT A PS2 CONTROLLER!..... on a more serious note, im in , when and where is this gonna happen.

First of all I am gay.

Now that Ralph is done talking, this is Erick. Let me know how much it is so I can send out the money.

Thats great news! Like everyone else just like to know when and where. The gymkhana is a nice touch too. It really helps hand and eye coordination, throttle inputs and many other things that are essential to be a good drifter/driver. Just keep us updated when everything is set.

oman, parking lot pimpin' ... cant wait, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee, maybe i can actually convince t3h team to attend, i am, 140% sure

dori dori said:
I'm down (of course) but I'd say screw the gymkhana.
why?
gymkhana is a great way to practice tight cornering and it improves reaction time. Big ovals are easy to do, gymkhana is a greater challenge.
I'll try to have one of my cars redy.

Last edited:
gymkhana is good for all levels in drifting, good, bad or so so.. there is always more to learn. and this way we will have two different tracks at the same time. so more seat time less sitting around. on top of that it will be for two days. so start stealing, borrowing, saving or any means nessesary getting tires, cause you will need them. Get your cars ready since this will be the Halloween event to be at. We'll also more than likely give a prize for the best dressed couple (car & driver).

****! I hope this is local or atleast somewhat near by... I wanna go! Bent the BR A arm on my car yesterday drifting so i gotta replace it now but ill have that done in time for the meet. Wheres it gonna be at?

xero240 said:
why?
gymkhana is a great way to practice tight cornering and it improves reaction time. Big ovals are easy to do, gymkhana is a greater challenge.
I'll try to have one of my cars redy.

Why? Because if I wanted a timed event I'd go to an autocross. Gymkhana's are like goofy autocrosses to me...auto-x + donuts = weird (to ME). I'm well aware of the "challenges" a gymkhana can offer since they are exactly the same challenges offered at an auto-x but they seem slower and more of a thinking game (which doesn't seem fun). Personally I think most people want gymkhana b/c it's JDM tyyyyyte, not because of a challenge. Oh, and I'm not trying to talk **** either but the last auto-x I did, I got the fastest time for my class with just 2 runs (by over a second too)...and my car's not fast and I was using crappy *** nearly bald es100's. The guys I beat had been running the course all morning (I didn't start until 1pm) and most of them were using Hoosiers on heavily modified cars.

So basically, if Ter-Tech wants to setup a JDM auto-x at their events, that’s fine, I'll do it. My suggestion would be to take advantage of the size of the p-lot and offer more of a road course design and run time trials. One warm up lap and one balls out run. THAT would be fun AND challenging in a “whose got the biggest balls and best driving skills at the same time†sort of way...but I'm a speed freak, so sue me. If you all are obsessed with 1st and 2nd gear and can't stand to shift any higher, that's cool with me. :cool:

Uras of the East said:
hey count dirty handz in, i will be there rocking my flat black animal, both gymkhana and drift even, **** finally a chance to get rid of all 3 sets of tires. sweet.

is it true that parking lot pavement is different then a normal road course? and kills tire faster? just something i heard... im trying to confirm.

Okami said:
is it true that parking lot pavement is different then a normal road course? and kills tire faster? just something i heard... im trying to confirm.

YES, what you've heard is true unless the "road course" is garbage (Hialeah).

course1.gif

20020602course.gif

Just looking at maps like that make me feel dyslexic...I almost get lost following it with me mouse lol.

im definately down for it both gk and drfto,
but dont move the date any sooner cause DD8 is the 15th and its hard enough to get money for one of these events.

OK, nevermind...I'm amped up about the gymkhana b/c I got a challenge from Harri. Sauna obsessed, birchwood beaten Finn vs handsome, dumpster destroying pasta jockey. My money's on me. :)

Last edited:
this is going to be great, this is going to invite many new drifters that want a local event with out the dangers of walls or other obsticals in their path. With that being said, will there be a driver limit on the pre register list? and has the registration fee been posted yet? will this parking lot event be as spectator friendly as the tradidtional hialeah speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom