Subie owners thread..

Regarding the EBCS, upgrade it to a Grimmspeed EBCS since you have so much under the hood. It'll help: https://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/...ucts_id=145&osCsid=4c8cu8887hu9rlriqd0pejhk83

Go with a Cobb Accessport and as far as tuners go, the best in the southeast is either Doug and Cicio at Topspeed in Tampa, or Scott Siegel in Atlanta.

Dont go to Japtrix. They'll fuck your car up.

Thanks for this. Is the boost level adjustable threw the ap? or its adjusted through this ebcs?

my car is on a Japtrix, aka horsepower logic tune right now, its garbage, the tune has a mind of its own, somedays it likes to run nice and somedays it runs like garbage. im waiting for doug from topspeed to come back down to get a retune.

Doug and Cicio at Topspeed are geniuses. Scott Seigel use to be at Topspeed. He's at Forged now. I went thre and got my car done by Scott and let me tell you, everyone that I've spoken to with the same setup as mine (Cobb Stage 2, with a protune) don't put up numbers like the tune Scott gave me. He's a perfectionist and super meticulous at making the car absolutely perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
When they tune off the ap, they have that access tuner program right? They just dont throw a map @ it I home.

I unmarried the ap off the legacy and hopefully we can use it on the sti. If that is the case should I just make the trip to tampa and have them tune it off the ap? Instead of purchasing a utech?

Thanks for this. Is the boost level adjustable threw the ap? or its adjusted through this ebcs?

Neither, you can get a Perrin MBC or an electronic boost controller. But there isnt a need for one. You can make your tuner whoever you decide on using, make you different maps to use with your Cobb Accessport, again, if thats what you decide to use. I have my protune map, and if anything ever goes wrong, I have a conservative map that i can use if need be.

When they tune off the ap, they have that access tuner program right? They just dont throw a map @ it I home.

I unmarried the ap off the legacy and hopefully we can use it on the sti. If that is the case should I just make the trip to tampa and have them tune it off the ap? Instead of purchasing a utech?

Yes they use Accesstuner. They upload the Stage 2 map and make it phenomenally better.

I dont think the unmarried route will work, I'm not sure. I could be wrong. But if it does work, go to Topspeed and have them tune your car. Call them and talk with Doug or Cicio. Explain what you want to do, what you already have, and go from there. They are two of the most knowledgeable and reputable tuners in the community, to include Scott Siegel.

X I owe you a beer thank you very much!

So let me get this right. The maps that they make, raise boost using the stock system? Like they change the target boost/threshold?

If so then im not going to even waste money on a boost controller. Ill just take the car up there with the unit you showed me and put it on the rollers.

Last edited:

:) Don't mention it buddy. I love these cars, so I try to learn as much as possible from them. If you ever have any questions just PM me, buddy.

So let me get this right. The maps that they make, raise boost using the stock system? Like they change the target boost/threshold?

If so then im not going to even waste money on a boost controller. Ill just take the car up there with the unit you showed me and put it on the rollers.

Yes, they raise the boost using the stock ebcs and stock wastegate. I'm at 21 pounds of boost with both of those still stock.

Trust me, save the money you'd spend on the boost controller and ask your tuner what he suggests. Like i said, tell him what you already have in your car, what numbers you want to achieve (if possible of course), tell him your budget. You won't be disappointed.

the car is also for trade

facepalm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom