Straight Stance Low Low Flush Show

If you're answer would have included something along the lines of what he said^ then I would have understood. But don't come and tell me that running extreme amounts of camber is sweet for driving because it's not.

People that run that much camber CANNOT daily there car because they will
Change tires weekly

If you're answer would have included something along the lines of what he said^ then I would have understood. But don't come and tell me that running extreme amounts of camber is sweet for driving because it's not.

Yeah, the difference is 28 inch rims isn't an exaggeration of something used in racing, it's an attempt to make the cars look like the toys we played with as children. camber is popular on show cars because race cars use it to change the handling. Yes if you go more than 4 degrees it's probably not useful, but the trend is an imitation of, and there for a compliment to our culture. When drifting started and existed mostly on the streets, the drifters widened there track but using lower offset wheels, lowered there cars to make a lower center of gravity, stretched cheap tires onto wide rims into to have the hard sidewalls like expensive performance tires, and ran high camber in order to increase the grip of the front of the car while cornering. All of those mods are popular in the show scene now because they are mimicking the drifting culture. So when you see low, cambered, stanced, rolled and pulled, stretched and poked cars, you are seeing the evolution of the car scene. If you don't like it, i can't argue that, but the relevance to the drifting culture is pretty clear.

Yeah, the difference is 28 inch rims isn't an exaggeration of something used in racing, it's an attempt to make the cars look like the toys we played with as children.

Anything that is excess of where it should be is exaggerating . . Maybe 10 years ago biggest rims where what? 20 , 22 maybe . Then everyone had them someoe said hey let's make 24 , 26, 28 , 30 ,32 they have 40's already . Sounds like these vw's hey they have 2 degree camber let's put 4 , 6 , 273933937 ..lowrider was how high can you hop .. What was it 5 , 6 years ago first car to flip over beat the record

Last edited:
^right, what i meant was just like hydraulics, it's not based on racing. the current trend of stance or "hellaflush" is based on the drift cars out of japan.

the guys that run hellaflush say they base their idea of stance on the cars they saw drifting in japan.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

btw, solo, since you apparently only believe in modifications that improve performance, how does a right hand drive swap help you drift?

the guys that run hellaflush say they base their idea of stance on the cars they saw drifting in japan.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

btw, solo, since you apparently only believe in modifications that improve performance, how does a right hand drive swap help you drift?

It came with the car .. Also stickers don't but it builds a cars character

We understand this event is not for everyone, but we are branching out to another group of car fans. we will be hosting some performance based events later on in the year, mainly autocross and drifting.

We understand this event is not for everyone, but we are branching out to another group of car fans. we will be hosting some performance based events later on in the year, mainly autocross and drifting.

thats probably why you are seeing the resistance on a drift forum more than just a car forum. so busy right now I wont be able to make it personally. GLWS

I <3 stretch, poke and camber.
I love slammed ass cars that have trouble making it up their driveways.
Like this guy...

I enjoy having to stop at every single railroad track, turn on my hazards, and inch over the tracks.

My new car is kinda pretty, and doesn't have any battle scars yet....I think I may attend this. As long as I can drift in the parking lot to justify driving almost 3 hours. <3

And Q, don't take Leo's comments seriously at all...he has nothing to add to this forum besides his negative "Fan-boi" sayings and things of this nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
who wants a brand new borla exhaust system? make sure you come out to the straight stance low low flush show on may 21st for a chance to win a 50% off certificate direct from borla!

And Q, don't take Leo's comments seriously at all...he has nothing to add to this forum besides his negative "Fan-boi" sayings and things of this nature.

tumblr_ljxn22riXs1qbnopno1_400.jpg

Ahmed, before I met you I posted that video on here and had an epic e-battle with multiple people (including boxmod) about how being low aparently has no relation to drifting or this site. I'm glad you're here, in florida, the scene needs peope like you.

Ahmed, before I met you I posted that video on here and had an epic e-battle with multiple people (including boxmod) about how being low aparently has no relation to drifting or this site. I'm glad you're here, in florida, the scene needs peope like you.

oh its a part of drifting, the style side, not the driving side. slammed cars dont handle as well, simple. if you want to get attention and break stuff while fighting a car, feel free. if you want to build a show car and have people comment on how you know how to set a coilover to lowest setting, go ahead.

i am not going to fight anyone over it lol. i learned long ago there are those who do things for themselves, and then those who do things for others approval. i do what i do because I want to, so should everyone else.

Last edited:
I don't even know what that means lol.

Thanks homie.

oh its a part of drifting, the style side, not the driving side. slammed cars dont handle as well, simple. if you want to get attention and break stuff while fighting a car, feel free. if you want to build a show car and have people comment on how you know how to set a coilover to lowest setting, go ahead.

i am not going to fight anyone over it lol. i learned long ago there are those who do things for themselves, and then those who do things for others approval. i do what i do because I want to, so should everyone else.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and everyone has their own style. I truly do agree. But for people to claim it has nothing to do with driving...really bothers me.
We all have our own style, I respect u Jason, everyone I talk to tells me ur a real humble dude, and down to earth...willing to help anyone and I find that to be awesome.

So although our opinion on style is not the same, I still respect you.

PERSONALLY, I believe that drifting is all about looking awesome while doing awesome things. Period. So I care MORE about how awesome a car looks vs how fast it can enter. That is why I HATE alot of FL style cars. They care solely about how the car is going to perform vs how good the car looks... which takes away from the character of the vehicle.
Take anyone whose gone pro...
Their cars handled fine getting them INTO FD...but once they get there...in order to be more competitive, their cars get makeovers that are based all about suspension geometry, handling, and power.
FUCK THAT, because that typically makes a car gay.
Having an LS1 is awesome, but having an LS1 in a slammed ass car with awesome wheels on it? even better.

<3

csgarage_s13.jpg

Ahmed, those cars are cool.

BUT "Stretched out, mad poked, hella flush, stanced out, flushed up, slammed out, poked out, hella stanced, low low, demon camber, stance off, flush factory, cambered out, etc etc". Is so gay. Cars either look cool or they don't. No gay terms needed. No objectives to follow for people who lack creativity. Nawmean?

This car looks cool:
colo4.jpg

This car does not look cool:
kylefc.jpg

So although our opinion on style is not the same, I still respect you.

PERSONALLY, I believe that drifting is all about looking awesome while doing awesome things. Period. So I care MORE about how awesome a car looks vs how fast it can enter. That is why I HATE alot of FL style cars. They care solely about how the car is going to perform vs how good the car looks... which takes away from the character of the vehicle.
Take anyone whose gone pro...
Their cars handled fine getting them INTO FD...but once they get there...in order to be more competitive, their cars get makeovers that are based all about suspension geometry, handling, and power.
FUCK THAT, because that typically makes a car gay.
Having an LS1 is awesome, but having an LS1 in a slammed ass car with awesome wheels on it? even better.

<3

First this thread was about the silly 'uber camber', running on 1/6th my tire patch being not something drifters will 'like' much.

but now we are talking about ride height, and You misunderstood me. I AGREE that the style of a slammed car is sweet, but it is not the best for car handling. I totally get the style 100%. Some of us are here to have fun + compete, and some are here to just have fun.

There is a BIG difference between what works (being slammed and sliding around) and what is competitive (more mechanical grip, and faster cornering) from being at a more correct ride height. The reason FD privateer --> supported drivers cars get jacked up is because their team chassis engineer knows what they are doing; and FD is about winning first, style second.<< Mad Mikes RX8 was amazing style (still the Rx7 > rx8), how well did he place at season end in FD?

Demos are for slammed cars, competitions are for race cars. If you arent trying to compete (like you said you arent) then slam you car. But when you go tandem and you have a hard time keeping up with a guy with 200 less HP, maybe its the rideheight somewhat.

Being proper handling ride height wont effect "how fast you can enter", hp/trq do that- but it will help you be faster IN the drift/around corners. Its acutally quite a fun feeling getting a lot faster AS you slide, instead of just gliding along.

Personally, my car is actually as low as it can go without having front wheel contact with the upper well (I need tubbed wells)- I'm running 18s with 235/40 on them, thats big for s13, and I have a ton of angle from modded knuckles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom