Straight Stance Low Low Flush Show

First this thread was about the silly 'uber camber', running on 1/6th my tire patch being not something drifters will 'like' much.

but now we are talking about ride height, and You misunderstood me. I AGREE that the style of a slammed car is sweet, but it is not the best for car handling. I totally get the style 100%. Some of us are here to have fun + compete, and some are here to just have fun.

There is a BIG difference between what works (being slammed and sliding around) and what is competitive (more mechanical grip, and faster cornering) from being at a more correct ride height. The reason FD privateer --> supported drivers cars get jacked up is because their team chassis engineer knows what they are doing; and FD is about winning first, style second.<< Mad Mikes RX8 was amazing style (still the Rx7 > rx8), how well did he place at season end in FD?

Demos are for slammed cars, competitions are for race cars. If you arent trying to compete (like you said you arent) then slam you car. But when you go tandem and you have a hard time keeping up with a guy with 200 less HP, maybe its the rideheight somewhat.

Being proper handling ride height wont effect "how fast you can enter", hp/trq do that- but it will help you be faster IN the drift/around corners. Its acutally quite a fun feeling getting a lot faster AS you slide, instead of just gliding along.

Personally, my car is actually as low as it can go without having front wheel contact with the upper well (I need tubbed wells)- I'm running 18s with 235/40 on them, thats big for s13, and I have a ton of angle from modded knuckles.
I reluctantly agree with everything u said...except for ur car being as low as it can go =P

my car tucks tire. This is new for me.

lol

^ if you want to advertise on a forum, you're going to have to let us discuss, that's the whole point of a "forum". Your post is constantly being bumped, don't complain.

tumblr_lkdfwnCxYh1qa67aeo1_400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom