Sebring Drift? Wat!?

I just got a hold of them, it's not on sebring but on a 16 acre lot behind the course. They seem really chill though. the lady said a cage is not required. She said there would be 2 or 3 courses, for beginner, intermediate, and advanced, you have to prove yourself in each to go to the next. She said some people were coming down from texas. And she didn't know about tech inspections.

And thats all i got out of her.

I think i'm going to bring the beast out to this one....

PB100049-1.jpg

It's definitely not that skid pad.
So I just called and spoke with someone else, and she said they rent the back half of the airport, not the racetrack. So they have like 3 runway strips to use. If I was better at the internet I would post this satelite pic, but here it is: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...436,-81.341207&spn=0.013595,0.019226&t=h&z=16

It looks like each runway is like 400' wide. It's looking pretty sweet. Also she said it's for sure happening, and it's pay at the gate, or I'm sure you could pay credit card over the phone. This place trains stunt drivers for movies.

holly fuck! if this is true... let me scale it for you all!
SebringAirPortDesoto.jpg

The runway strips(diagonal in this photo) are 300ft wide

The big question is the condition of the concrete?

SebringAirPortconcrete.jpg

Last edited:
surface is rough, it will rip tires to shit

and the ONE person comming from texas I told them about.

they make it seem like they have a ton of people from all over coming but i doubt it.

i plan to make this one though.

yeah, the concrete at the Buckingham air field (golfcaostautocrossers.com place) is super nice. very level and all the gaps have been filled with what seems like tar. however, i ran my camry out there and could see a visible amount of wear after each run.

photo is mostly accurate but its a little different that that. its the top right 'diagonal half' where its 'greener' from some mild grass growth. the skinnier leg the extends off top (to the left) and from the top right (to down right) are what we used as entry roads and
THOSE SKINNY ONES ARE LIKE 8 LANES WIDE.

Myself, Scott, Bayley (spectator status), Scotts broseph Dave, and John (friend of mine from OG dyas) where the ONLY 4 people there today. We pulled up and really thought we made a mistake wasting a trip. about an hour later, we changed our minds...

BUT BITCHES YOU MISSED IT.... hugest entry EVER in FL. I only used about 2/3s of the entry we had 'available' and was entering 4th CLUTCH KICK at ~85 (radar speed gun, not my gauge... since i still have none lmao). He told us they do stunt driver/instructor competitions there and use the full entry and hit turn 1 at 115.

You better get your fucking asses to next one.

and bring at least 3 sets of tires to keep shit going for yourself. tire changer avail for $5 a tire.

We need to get a crowd at next one or they said they not doing any more. GET OUT THERE.

Last edited:
Tom, Whale and I are coming to the next one with Scott. Shit sounded soooo baller. truck on 2 wheels is like indy racing.

serious shit.

with your power you would be atleast 90+ from where I was. I kept moving 15 feet farther every run and kept getting only another 1-2mph. If I didnt have passengers I might have gotten to 90 from that point too.

there was a section of time i was solo on track (scott had electric trouble and john went to get gas) so I ended up drifting our course we made then hooked back into the entry run up and did 3rd gear huge manji into a 360 and out into manji and then a 180 ebrake uturn stoppie. hahaha i think bayley was in the car for that one hahaha.

damn im gonna try to make the next one sounds like crazy shit and i love me some crazy shit

Shit was no doubt about it, baller as hell. They plan to set it up with a beginner, intermediate, and advanced course and believe me they have the room. I got to drive Scott's landlord's car for little bit(dave) and loved it, made my whole day, well that and riding with Box and radaring him listening to Bobby Ore tell him he was only going 60, not 80 haha, Bobby is a cool dude. Like box said needs to be atleast 20 people out there next time or its over.

-Bayly

top skinny lane is still like 8 lanes wide? and the big rectangle is like 300ft wide i think they said..

everythign in the red area is useable for these events, but parking has to use up some of it. but plenty of room still
sebring_entry.JPG

next event is the 18th of Jan. 100$ to drive (+1 free crew), $10 per spectator/crew (after the free 1), and 5$ per tire change.

http://www.bobbyoremotorsports.com/BobbyOreDriftingFlyer.pdf

Back
Top Bottom