Sebring Drift? Wat!?

Guys.

i've driven 3 sebring DE's this year (last one 9/21) and have not seen tire marking anywhere but a couple donut marks where i cool my brakes down as to show that anyone's drifted there before. Its common for auto-x events to be organized off the track on the "Competitor Paddock" (see pic at the bottom). idk i'm definetly interested as to WHERE EXACTLY this will be. they just won't allow an event to openly drift and lap the track...uh uh

if it were to be on the track i would only see it in turns 14-15 into 16 which is a very high speed double apex into prob 3rd gear sweeper into a transition turn for a near 90* high second gear. that is probably the only place on track worth holding an event. otherwise it would be very similar to a fairgrounds event in which case is still exiting, but not what we all wish for...turns 3-4-5 would be real gay imo.

please keep us updated!!!!!!

pic:
56_sebringmap.gif

btw i nearly wrecked coming off turn 6/sweeper passing a porshe on the outside (passing area) i miss shifted into 2nd instead of fourth and it put my bumper 1inch away from this guy's door!! he put two wheels on the grass but i managed to keep the on the track, no harm no foul we had a laugh about it after the session was over...not even a black flag...those are about the only drift marks ive seen on sebring o.0

Last edited:
btw i nearly wrecked coming off turn 6/sweeper passing a porshe on the outside (passing area) i miss shifted into 2nd instead of fourth and it put my bumper 1inch away from this guy's door!! he put two wheels on the grass but i managed to keep the on the track, no harm no foul we had a laugh about it after the session was over...not even a black flag...those are about the only drift marks ive seen on sebring o.0

yea i went to the last nasa event.......it was funny cause i was used to playing it in forza but when u get there it is identical to the T can u imagine if they slide......turn 17 that would be epic!

the dislevel of pavement in turn 17 would wreck the suspension on drift cars meng nasa runs full course no?

So I just got off the phone with the guy, and apparently they use a 16 acre lot. So that's pretty fucking huge! It's going to be a cone course on a huge lot, and we get to drive as much as we want all day. I bet we can even set up the course how we want as well. I'm definitely gonna plan on going, and hopefully I'll see some SFL heads there too right!??

Im in! Let me know when this is finalized and do you pay at the gate or do you have to pre-reg? Any pics of said 16 acre lot?

I bet its 16 acres, but its 16 acres thats 200 feet wide and 2000 feet long, probably the same area they are doing the FL state SCCA champs this month

Doesn't look all that amazing.... I mean for the price and the cost to drive up there it doesn't seem worth it.

sebringix0.jpg

It's definitely not that skid pad.
So I just called and spoke with someone else, and she said they rent the back half of the airport, not the racetrack. So they have like 3 runway strips to use. If I was better at the internet I would post this satelite pic, but here it is: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...436,-81.341207&spn=0.013595,0.019226&t=h&z=16

It looks like each runway is like 400' wide. It's looking pretty sweet. Also she said it's for sure happening, and it's pay at the gate, or I'm sure you could pay credit card over the phone. This place trains stunt drivers for movies.

Last edited:
Doesn't look all that amazing.... I mean for the price and the cost to drive up there it doesn't seem worth it.

I hope to god your not serious because the SFL Fairgrounds lot is WAY small in comaprison and is ALSO $100 to drive. And sebring is no where near as far for you to go as SFL is for us Tampa folk.

If we can do 3rd gear in a lot it will be well worth $100.

Back
Top Bottom