Plasti Dip you ride fooo

Let me enlighten you it's the stupidest shit you can do to your car besides cutting your springs. It cost the same as paint and is no where near as durable.
If you don't want to ruin your paint wrap your car at least that will hold up. But if you have a decent paint job you are trying not to destroy why are you covering it up?

There are two times this is exceptable If it's a lease (still better off wrapping it) if you are trying to protect your paint temporarily (the same idea as covering it with blue tape at the track)

dude who cares how much it costs.. it looks like shit and it peels off.... so... if its easy to peel itll just start peeling off like nothing and if its hard to take off then its a pain in the ass to change the color. bottom line it looks terrible.

Do some more research on it. It will not peel off on its own once it cures. You have to want to peel it for it to peel. As far as prep work there really isn't any. And for drifting when you know your paint is going to get messed up regardless this makes it so simple to touch up if you hit something or scratch things. The concept of it is pretty awesome

Let me enlighten you it's the stupidest shit you can do to your car besides cutting your springs. It cost the same as paint and is no where near as durable.
If you don't want to ruin your paint wrap your car at least that will hold up. But if you have a decent paint job you are trying not to destroy why are you covering it up?

There are two times this is exceptable If it's a lease (still better off wrapping it) if you are trying to protect your paint temporarily (the same idea as covering it with blue tape at the track)

If have have 2 grand to spent on wrapping up the car and add weight to it go ahead 5 gallons of plastic dip on a car, when peeled off equals to 1.4 pounds your shit weight more than that literally. But don't go off dismissing plastic dip cause because obviously you have no idea about it. Just do some research and maybe you might see it differently

let me enlighten first of all it's not that easy to peel off and seconds if you just want to paint your car for few months and don't want to damage the original paint it's a great alternative. specially in the drifting world

if its not easy to peel makes a its a bitch to take off... at the end of the day it looks like shit. this is why there is shitty ass cars around here. just cause you drift doesn't give you an excuse for you car to look like shit.

I have done research I was planning on doing plastidip on my new project before I researched. Wrapping doesn't cost anywhere near that if you do it your self I can get the vinyl for like 200 so like 50 more than plasti to have it last 3 times as long. You can't deny that after a few months it looks like shit. Besides having to spend time prepping so it doesn't look likes shit in a week. Wrapping takes almost no prep. And really weight is a problem? if you are willing to spend the money making your car signifigantly lighter (gutting your 240 on lowering springs doesnt count) you probably have the money yo get a decent paint job. So don't go dissing paint or wrap if you clearly don't know about either.

And paint and wrapping look way way better than a plasti dip job

This thread is not about arguing which one is better, one has property that the other one lacks, but one thing I know if your "wrap gets keyed or something you have to wrap the section weather it's the door or panel, with plasti dip it's just a spray can away from being new again and it can be done at any location quick too, not just roll off a big sheet of wrap and fix it at the parking lot of a publics hangout might lol

Yeah until your keyed section peels half your door off

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

And someone would have to really dig a key in to make it noticeable

okay well from now on ill peel a penis on the hood of cars that are plastidiped since its so easy to fix.

Back
Top Bottom