Palm Beach International Raceway Track Layout for Formula Drift Round 3

PAhYW.png

for anyone who isnt aware and hasnt bought them yet.

Speedhunters is reporting that they are making a last minute change to the track layout for the event after two crashes into the wall. Hmmm I think my prediction was correct although speedhunters showed no pictures of said crashes. Its on their FB page.

Wow i just bought my ticket then when i went back to look again it said it was sold out i got real lucky..... will there be anyone selling sfldrifters stickers out there?:confused:

Wow i just bought my ticket then when i went back to look again it said it was sold out i got real lucky..... will there be anyone selling sfldrifters stickers out there?:confused:

Ya, they close sales at 12:00am Friday morning, I was going to get a hook-up, but I don't think that's going to happen anymore. :/ So I guess I'll be buying my ticket at the gate tomorrow.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm good. Schweeettt

Last edited:
Being a new venue for FD, aerial shots can only be but so beneficial. It's not until you actually put a car on course that you see how well things will flow and where the danger areas are.

While there was the publicized map made available pre-event and that COULD have made drivers prep their cars for a tight layout, I really think FD did a good thing by changing the course the way they did. Drivers were safer, cars quit hitting walls and ultimately, while crashes are exciting I think we'd all much rather see the best man win in a race and not by default.

The location of the action was dictated by a number of things including access on to the course for drivers and crew, paddock options and of course the placement of spectator seating. Many of the drivers really would love to drift the section just after the exit of the section used. It's already twisty and from what I heard it was fun to drive too. But it's kind of hard to put bleachers in a pond even though the gators wouldn't mind a free lunch.

Overall, it was a great event and for the first FD event in Florida I think you guys made it real clear that it's a state worth revisiting for future events. I'm proud of all the Pro-Am Drivers who made it out to the event, glad I was able to meet so many people down there and certainly look forward to seeing everyone again at future events.

Bedtime now.
Doug

Well said^^ It was great to meet everyone, all of the people i met (drivers, swd crew, and especially joe, zach, and shaky) are some amazingly cool people to hang with. Thanks swd guys Doug, Todd, and Brian for being so awesome thru and thru, and bringing a sweet event.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

^ ps i am going to come to some NC events as soon as i get caught up financially you all are super fun.

Back
Top Bottom