*Official Fitness Thread*

Shit i cant jog 1/4 mile without damn near dying :) what are these bodybuilders that u are referring to?

Running is a huge mind game. If you can't run a mile just do the best you can and walk 2.75 miles fast to compensate (so 3 miles in total) an just as the weeks go by increase the portion that you run and the distance overall. I can run about 4 or 5 miles str8 right now at a decent pace. The fastest I've ran a mile was 6:18 and that probably was due to my girl friend not payin attention to me finishing. With running you just have to do it everyday and make it fun and you will eventually get to a place where you can do it.

Running is a huge mind game. If you can't run a mile just do the best you can and walk 2.75 miles fast to compensate (so 3 miles in total) an just as the weeks go by increase the portion that you run and the distance overall. I can run about 4 or 5 miles str8 right now at a decent pace. The fastest I've ran a mile was 6:18 and that probably was due to my girl friend not payin attention to me finishing. With running you just have to do it everyday and make it fun and you will eventually get to a place where you can do it.

Good advice - ill give it a go :) Thanks

any recommend a good workout routine to lose weight but build upper body strength? Im at 245 Lbs. and want to go down to 220 or even 210 but not lose the size of my arms. I usually work out from 6-7 am in the mornings. I do 15-20 mins of jogging and then 40-45 mins of weights.

Mondays- chest
Tuesday-Triceps
Wednesday - 30 min. circuit training
thursday - back and bicep
Friiday - 30 min. circuit training.

What would be an ideal workout?

any recommend a good workout routine to lose weight but build upper body strength? Im at 245 Lbs. and want to go down to 220 or even 210 but not lose the size of my arms. I usually work out from 6-7 am in the mornings. I do 15-20 mins of jogging and then 40-45 mins of weights.

Mondays- chest
Tuesday-Triceps

Just workout like normal but add in a 30min cardio (biking or jogging) to your workout. You'll loose that little bit of weight in no time.

I hear what you are saying but the easiest and fastest way is to do legs in addition to your work out. They are huge muscles and burn fat and calories like crazy. Once again I get the arms thing but this is just what I would recommend

Just workout like normal but add in a 30min cardio (biking or jogging) to your workout. You'll loose that little bit of weight in no time.

Hopefully i do lose that weight lol. I actually do 15-20 mins before my workouts 5 times a week.

I hear what you are saying but the easiest and fastest way is to do legs in addition to your work out. They are huge muscles and burn fat and calories like crazy. Once again I get the arms thing but this is just what I would recommend

Thanks for the opinion. During the circuit training i do my legs there. some leg press calf raises etc.

Hopefully i do lose that weight lol. I actually do 15-20 mins before my workouts 5 times a week.

Thanks for the opinion. During the circuit training i do my legs there. some leg press calf raises etc.

The most blunt advice I can give without being too specific is to work hard. You may think I'm being funny, but in all honesty hard work is the key. People are comfortable doing certain exercises and they stick to these and expect great results. If you want results do the exercises you hate, the stuff that leaves you wheezing for air. Focus on exploding the rep up and bringing it down slowly. If you use that very simple advice your workout will become harder and you will see immediate results. Btw if you want exercises just google and pick the ones you can manage for the desired body part.

null-57.jpg

Mondays- chest
Tuesday-Triceps

Try working some legs into your routine. Your legs are the largest muscle group, and exercising them stimulates the production of testosterone.

Last edited:
Let's bump this up. :bump:

I've been running for about 3 months now, eating healthier recently, and taking some supplements. I've dropped from 228lbs to 202.5lbs.

I'm going to start mixing my cardio routine with free weights this coming week. I'll post pictures of my results as soon as I have time.

Back
Top Bottom