NOPI Drift Series at Moroso, April 5/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
why isnt kenji running? He seemed like a pretty awesome asian dude. See boxmod you should totally sell some crack rocks and make this season, looks like most of the big backed drivers are out.

I heard Hankook doesn't want it's drivers running NOPI because they think it's bogus. Probably has something to do with a deal with FD or something, but whatever.

if you think of drifting as a profession you failed..... its just something to do and have fun...... like the millions of people drag racing outhere... how many have full blown sponsors,not many...lol... Just enjoy drifting as much as possible, the way our economy is right now, our best bet is to go to an overpriced school get a decent education, because drifting is not going to pay for your kids medical bills, day care or food.... Drifting is like skate boarding... there are millions of people out there who can skate at a professional level out of that million only 2% get to live off skating. There are millions of drifters in the country, many of them are very skilled but sadly they will never make a living out of just drifting.... The truth is sad... just have fun outhere and enjoy as much as possible, one day you will be able to tell your kid, how you entered corners at 60+mph.

^^ see having an attitude like that then for sure drifting wont get huge, u guys are crazy, drifting is still in its grassroots. The sport hasn't even been out for more then 10years here in the states. So my statement to all u guys is to stop complaining and just go out there, drift and make the sport bigger.

if you think of drifting as a profession you failed..... its just something to do and have fun...... like the millions of people drag racing outhere... how many have full blown sponsors,not many...lol... Just enjoy drifting as much as possible, the way our economy is right now, our best bet is to go to an overpriced school get a decent education, because drifting is not going to pay for your kids medical bills, day care or food.... Drifting is like skate boarding... there are millions of people out there who can skate at a professional level out of that million only 2% get to live off skating. There are millions of drifters in the country, many of them are very skilled but sadly they will never make a living out of just drifting.... The truth is sad... just have fun outhere and enjoy as much as possible, one day you will be able to tell your kid, how you entered corners at 60+mph.

i agree, yes, everyone stop trying to make it so big.... get away from the 'career' idea of this sport, (*meanwhile ill collect all the sponsors and be rich, filthy STINKING RICH!). its just a hobby and no one gets paid to do this for commercials, movies, tv, competition, demonstrations, stunt shows... get out while you still can.

hehe

^^ see having an attitude like that then for sure drifting wont get huge, u guys are crazy, drifting is still in its grassroots. The sport hasn't even been out for more then 10years here in the states. So my statement to all u guys is to stop complaining and just go out there, drift and make the sport bigger.

I agree maybe drifting is in its grassroots stages, I am not complaining man, you know that i am always drifting, i have done as many event as my wallet and my car can handle...drifting will get big... everything in this country gets big, from ed hardy tattoo shirts, to the fucking UFC...its all about the right time... All i said in my post is to have a backup plan man... something you can fall on if things dont take off. Dont based your entire life on something thats not unsure, thats all I am saying. We all dream of having sponsors, and one day to compete at a professional level, but those dream are not going to stop me from the continuation of my studies and making something out of my life. Because if one day my drifting career crashes, i dont want to be working at tire kingdom for the rest of my life. Some guys are lucky and have their own shop.. etc... So, Jason how much did you spend out of your pocket to compete on Nopi last year? Like i said before i am not putting drifting down, i am not bashing on, i am just being realistic and a backup plan needs to be there....

yes i spent a lot but if you dont show dedication, good luck getting sponsors. it certainly wont feel earned if i didnt struggle through it. i still have the dreams, but its getting harder to sleep.

yes i spent a lot but if you dont show dedication, good luck getting sponsors. it certainly wont feel earned if i didnt struggle through it. i still have the dreams, but its getting harder to sleep.

Dedication is the most important thing man, i still get butterflies in my stomach every time i drift.. it show that i care man...lol...

It seems drifting needs better marketing to reach that next step. I've said it before but to legitamize the sport you need big name drivers/legends to give drifting a "stamp of approval." There already have been a decent amount of big name drivers/legends(former F1, Indy, WRC, national rally, off-road, etc drivers) that have given it a stamp of approval but barely anyone knows about that. Some people still think its just a bunch of people powersliding all over the place.

I just recently posted a vid that a multiple rally champion from Australia(soon will race the Asian-Pacific rounds of WRC) gave a drifter a lot of respect on his skills. The drifter even does a pretty good job driving a pro-rally car.

yea ppl arent taking drifting sireous! but idc. it will come over here. till then. am gonna build my car nice and strong get alot of practice.. while i still keep on w my career.

Ter-tech Has Discount Tickets For The Event Anyone Intrested Please Let Me Know. You'll Get $5 Off The Advertised Price With Our Fliers. We Need Help Spreading Them Out To The Public. We Have 10 000 Fliers With The Discount So There Is Plenty For All Of You.
Harri
Ter-tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom