NOPI Drift Series at Moroso, April 5/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
well without bill or kenji in the series and blake i dunno... its gonna be a interesting season

I wouldn't be surprised if they run a layout similar to the one Ter-Tech had at their last event. Seeing as how there will be drag taking place at the same time.

And there is a reason why they are not competing this year :(:(:(
Just not worth it.

blake just had a baby, and i heard bill cant get a ride for this year......... thats how you know there isnt any money in this sport. if bill cant get picked up after last season then i doubt theres a chance for one of the grassroot drifters to do it for a living....all the people thinking your going to make a living off of drifting should have a really good backup plan.

blake just had a baby, and i heard bill cant get a ride for this year......... thats how you know there isnt any money in this sport. if bill cant get picked up after last season then i doubt theres a chance for one of the grassroot drifters to do it for a living....all the people thinking your going to make a living off of drifting should have a really good backup plan.

Exactly!

^^^ its because we are on the south east coast... look at vaughn gittin, he does it for a living, he moved to the west coast and now is driving for FALKEN. We just dont get shit here for anyone to get picked up. Just like any sport, there are recruters that look at ur talent and want to pick up ur skill. Here on the east coast, we dont get those big shot events that major companies go to. On the west coast, there are sooo many events at BIG MAJOR TRACKS that gather up so much attention and venue. we dont get that here. I bet if Bill Sherman moved to the west coast, and started drifitng at the events there, with his skill, he would be able to pick up someone within a year. The sports growing, but for some drivers, its not as easy to get there.

Last edited:
^^^ its because we are on the south east coast... look at vaughn gittin, he does it for a living, he moved to the west coast and now is driving for FALKEN. We just dont get shit here for anyone to get picked up. Just like any sport, there are recruters that look at ur talent and want to pick up ur skill. Here on the east coast, we dont get those big shot events that major companies go to. On the west coast, there are sooo many events at BIG MAJOR TRACKS that gather up so much attention and venue. we dont get that here. I bet if Bill Sherman moved to the west coast, and started drifitng at the events there, with his skill, he would be able to pick up someone within a year. The sports growing, but for some drivers, its not as easy to get there.
that is def. tru also. this place sucks! if you look on zilvia.net they have an event like every weekend! its crazy! am like how do these ppl get so many events! i say give it time. take a chill pill for now. do wat we can do here. and our time will come.

You don't think he's tried? He's on the West Coast all the time. He is in Formula D. I'm sure him and his team have tried all the can to get sponser's, they aren't limiting themselves to sponsers on the East Coast only, that would be dumb. The way I see it, Drifting is a joke to most people/companies and the ones that wanted to sponser it HAVE sponsered it. Drifting is the joke of the whole motorsport community. It would be hard for anyone right now to get huge full sponsership like Vagn or Rhys or whoever. Just they were in the right place and right time when drifting was booming and they got in easy.

too get a big sponsors you need either a Big name (hogan comes to mind) , come from some other form of motorsport, or be a girl

well looks like were gonna need to grow some vaginas

^^ i was gonna say the one about the other motosport. u need some background and since drifting is not such a big sport here. companys dont really care. they already have their names others motorosports. aka nascar. rally,etc.

why isnt kenji running? He seemed like a pretty awesome asian dude. See boxmod you should totally sell some crack rocks and make this season, looks like most of the big backed drivers are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom