NOPI Drift Schedule

rwdrift said:
Spectators are always a plus. You can never rely on them to run a drift event, especially in random remote areas (Moroso, etc). First you have to focus on a properly run event with a full driver's list.

I dont know. That last event at Moroso was either a fluke or we all missed something cause I had never seen that many ppl before.

Yeah I want this to happen too, I should be rocking out in the bimmer after a few more events.

the real problem with Florida is the lake of advertising! Theres what maybe 100- 200 people that are registered on forums, sfldrifters tamparacing sfl240sx floridadrift, that are interested in drifting. what the person that is going to organizes this needs to do is, go get radio play. get on power 96, 99jamz, 102.3, y100, fucking the country station for crying out loud. Yes it will cost some money but the return will be overwhelming. the forums arent enough i never heard once anywhere except the forums about nopi miami, there needs to be more advertising.

rwdrift said:
It does not have to be one host only. That requires them to host four events already at least. The whole idea is to run the idea by track owners to have an independent party of judges just show up and organize the event time with enough for a small competition at the end. This independent party would keep track of scores and would add it all up in the end.

I was referring to the idea of having a drift series.

DUDOCIUS said:
Fuck Those Fags, Lets Start Our Own Drift Series.... We Have Countyline, Desoto, Moroso, Osw We Should Start Doing Comps Down Here.... Maybe Some Of These Pricks Will Figure Out That Fl Is The Shit...

Stay tuned on this one, I think something is going to be in the works.

Yeah then we would have a type of ranking system, then we can all get really competitive and hate each other YAY!

I already got a few PMs on the matter. We might try to get an idea organized and going on.

How would one "try out" for this series?? We cant just let anyone with enough money drift tandem, otherwise everyones car will be wrecked.

It's all still way up in the air, but I'd imagine we could not have tandem battles as not enough people have cages. Single runs would be easier to work with.

But again, right now it's all up in the air.

Single runs would be dumb in my opinion. It should still be limited to only people with cages.

You cant please everyone. I can still count on my both hands people with cages. Tandem also relies on many other issues, such as track insurance, etc etc.... things that change a lot from event to event.

- Erick

and even if it was tandem (with cages obviously), single practice, single qual, top 8+ tandem only.
or we do like DF and if you qualy for battles and no cage, you default to lowest finish. If there is 2 or 3, you take 8-7-6 in the order of qualifying and some lucky bloke gets a bye-round.

EXCEPT for AFTER qualifying and limiting practice to top 20 (16 bracket but other 4 are just for bonus), NOPI was only single car runs this year in practice. Now at atlanta they let us do practice in full tandem FINALLY<- which i asked for the whole season.

1. Organize. Lockdown dates/venues, make sure to check FD, D1, Nopi 1st, and everything else.

2. Chose Judges, use people with pro liscences already.

3. Rule book on cages. REQUIRE THEM.

Now pump the events, open registration one month after the announcement, and allow people to register, requiring they have a cage.

start the events early, cut it down to top 16/32 before lunch.

After lunch , which is when gates open to spectators who aren't with teams

after that do qualifying for tandem.

then tandem

after a long day and a little into the night, you're finally done.

Add up points move to the next round.

Same way they do FD atlanta every year, I think it'd be a long day but you'd be able to accomodate 50 cars, although I doubt 50 cars will have cages.

This will also help group buys with rollcages, and it will give people a reason to put a cage in their car, and the competitive tandem experience will help everyone grow.

Id stay start with 3 events, mayyyyyyyyybe 4. Pin registration at 100/event, with a guaranteed purse. You'll be able to pull in crowds due to everyone will give two shits because its the "florida championship" or whatever, and everyone will want their freinds to come watch 100x more than a drift day. Everyone already knows everyone, and everyone already knows how to pump up the regular practice events that always go on, so the logistics and networking to get this off the ground are already in place.

Just require a cage and payment. Anyone who'll cause a crash wont make top 16/8, whatever, but at least it gives them a chance to learn and play under pressure, which is why you have an amateur series in the 1st place. If someone's got a cage in the car, their money is green, and they wanna drift let em. Doesn't mean they'll make tandem. But let them have fun with everyone else.

Just remember to have fun, and at the end of the day, its JUST DRIFTING.

Have fun. Press enter to separate thoughts. ( I Really dont know why i do that?)

We can get on paul and ron in the mornings, we call them and tell them we will take OMG mike on a crazy car ride....lol

There isn't enough florida drivers with cages atleast not yet, to have a serious florida championship, But there is a possibility to have a semi pro championship. cages will be the biggest problem.
insurance is not going to be problem for any track atleast for us since we will have tandem insurance for the next year no matter where we go. So anyone with a cage can tandem. Everyone should get a cage anyways if you are even little bit serious about drifting, its for your safety not mine. We are planning on a series aswell but remains to be seen since. we want to offer the drivers more than 1000 bucks at the end of the season so that this would help him to go to FD/D1/NOPI which ever he desires.

you all know i am in for this..... it doesnt even have to be a big price as long as we get to get better and put florida on the map...

Back
Top Bottom