NOPI Drift Schedule

yeah well the west coast is a long drive for the Florida teams but they still do it so fuck them give us our event!

nopi is a national touring series.

and they tried to get an FL event, they couldnt get the dates they needed at the tracks they wanted, which were moroso/desoto. they also needed dual purpose venues, and they needed to know they'd have spectators to show up to pay the bills.

these events arent cheap, and anyone at nopi miami last year saw how empty the place was. cant really blame nopi for not wanting to lose money.

also you dont need liscencing events. have 1 event at moroso, countyline, osw, desoto, gainesville and have a 5 event championship series. no need to overcomplicate it, just set out five dates for the year, copy a pro championship points system, have a series. totally easy.

mikespeed95 said:
also you dont need liscencing events. have 1 event at moroso, countyline, osw, desoto, gainesville and have a 5 event championship series. no need to overcomplicate it, just set out five dates for the year, copy a pro championship points system, have a series. totally easy.

I have been discussing this with Drumfunken for quite a while. Gotta find a crew worthy of organizing something.

what crew?

you've got everything in place to do it already.

www.desotodrift.com

tell them a time its a done deal.

www.floridadrift.com
josh runs osw, he'll be down.

harri runs moroso and countyline.

gainseville parking lot is waiting.

what else do you need?

someone step up, take charge, get some dates that dont conflict with other stuff, call some shops/companies, get some free shit to be given away, open a bank account, use money from entry fees to pay winners and get trophies.

done deal. its not hard everyone just wants to talk about it.

it does take TIME though, but honestly this is a one person operation to organize it, all the venues are pretty much turn key you just gotta talk to whoever runs em.

Piner said:
yeah well the west coast is a long drive for the Florida teams but they still do it so fuck them give us our event!

driftin is also very big over there. california has like 4 championship series by itself.

its not that anyone hates florida, florida events just dont make sence. miami as a population center is non existant, you've got a limited number of people coming in from the north, thats it.

desoto isnt much better.

but they tried to work with both. theres a lot of stuff that goes into making sure the dates will work and they just couldn't get one that worked out okay.

gotta look at it from their pov.

mikespeed95 said:
what crew?

you've got everything in place to do it already.

www.desotodrift.com

tell them a time its a done deal.

www.floridadrift.com
josh runs osw, he'll be down.

harri runs moroso and countyline.

gainseville parking lot is waiting.

what else do you need?

someone step up, take charge, get some dates that dont conflict with other stuff, call some shops/companies, get some free shit to be given away, open a bank account, use money from entry fees to pay winners and get trophies.

done deal. its not hard everyone just wants to talk about it.

it does take TIME though, but honestly this is a one person operation to organize it, all the venues are pretty much turn key you just gotta talk to whoever runs em.

driftin is also very big over there. california has like 4 championship series by itself.

its not that anyone hates florida, florida events just dont make sence. miami as a population center is non existant, you've got a limited number of people coming in from the north, thats it.

desoto isnt much better.

but they tried to work with both. theres a lot of stuff that goes into making sure the dates will work and they just couldn't get one that worked out okay.

gotta look at it from their pov.

Stop hitting enter goddamn it.... long ass post. lol

We need a group that is willing to attend all the events to judge the championship. If every different event has different judges, then what the hell. I can picture it being pretty tough to keep it organized.

- Erick
PS: JC Performance hosts Countyline, and hopefully in the future Homestead as well.

I think at times theres too many events, though maybe too many practice sessions, but too many events at times and not enough ppl or just ppl with money to support. If you guys ran a florida comp series, id keep simple, 3-4 events, decide if its going to be tandem or non tandem,. drift fury did their series non tandem since not every have a cage. You do need to find a way for some cash flow for prizes. A few hundred dollars for the events, then like a $1k for the years winnder in points.

make 3 events. do it in summer.

road course, parking lot, oval.

top 8 is tandem.

need a hoop with doorbars.

everyone can dailydrive their car still if they are too poor to be racing in the 1st place like every other drifter including myself.

you can have a championship for florida

its not overcomplicated.

just press enter :)

someone needs to split this thread, but pick some pros to judge.

Last edited:
BLADDER_MASTER said:
Ter-Tech tried doing this once. I wonder if they'd be interested in doing this again.

It does not have to be one host only. That requires them to host four events already at least. The whole idea is to run the idea by track owners to have an independent party of judges just show up and organize the event time with enough for a small competition at the end. This independent party would keep track of scores and would add it all up in the end.

mikespeed95 said:
you can have a championship for florida.

That's an awsome prize! Fuck elections and electoral vote crap... we decide the new leader of Florida by drifting matches. :D

- Erick
PS: I am going to nuke your enter button Peters. :laugh:

Last edited:
i think you need a street team crew, like it was stated earlier you want spectators. therefore organize a street team to promote the event. Just an idea. :bigthumbu

Spectators are always a plus. You can never rely on them to run a drift event, especially in random remote areas (Moroso, etc). First you have to focus on a properly run event with a full driver's list.

true

but its pretty pricey to run events a keep your car in one piece therefore more spectators can equal less registration fee. it really is a shot in the dark but hey i could dream.

Unless the sport is so big that Florida has about 400 dedicated drifters (as opposed to the maybe 50, then perhaps. No one is going to take the chance of losing money by lowering registration fees for drivers and hope the number of spectators makes up for it.

The events have always been rush in the fashion that when all drivers register you have just enough to pay the cost to rent out the track.

Besides, drift events are so damn cheap anyways. FD/NOPI events are like $150, not to mention the travel costs.

you know what it just a matter of getting off my lazy ass and making it happen.

because sfl is pretty organized i really appreciate that.

the biggest problem is dedicated drivers and judges. if you dont have 80% of the same people at every event, its not really a series, its just a lot of events. you know?

and if you dont have the same judges, every round you have to go over judging styles instead of knowing what to expect.

tracks we got, id say if you want to do this, you require a membership to the series that IF they attend all events, it pays for the last one...
for example:
(at $100 per event)
you pay $100 just to be able to run the series (makes you more dedicated) and each event you pay $100 to drive. IF you attend alteast 75% (assuming 5 total events you must have attended 3 of the first 4) then your final event is covered by the 'membership' fee. If you dont make the 3/4 then you still can attend the final, but you must pay the entry and you sacrifice the membership fee to the series budget.

I would also suggest taking some of the entry fee (say 25$) per entry and making it into a prize for hopefully 1($200)-2($150)-3($100). if you have enough drivers.

just an idea to get some people who are actually dedicated.

Back
Top Bottom