MAY 27-28th GAINESVILLE RACEWAY DRIFTFEST/TER-TECH EVENT IS ON!!!!

This is what I found on the three judges with a quick search.... any more background info on them?

Ernie Fixmer - instructor for Club4ag's Driftday series(see driftday.com for details)
Tyler Mcquarrie - Formula D Jasper Performance driver
Terry Henderson - Participated in the D1 Driver's search for the D1 USA vs Japan in Dec '05

rwdrift said:
This is what I found on the three judges with a quick search.... any more background info on them?

Ernie Fixmer - instructor for Club4ag's Driftday series(see driftday.com for details)
Tyler Mcquarrie - Formula D Jasper Performance driver
Terry Henderson - Participated in the D1 Driver's search for the D1 USA vs Japan in Dec '05

Tylers Jim Russel School BIO
Tyler McQuarrie (www.tylermcquarrie.com)

Tyler McQuarrie, like many, began by racing karts, from 1993-1998. Moving to cars Tyler won the Formula Russell championship in his first season winning 9 out of 16 races. Tyler made the most of the prize of an entry into the Jim Russell World Scholarship by beating out over 50 entries from 14 countries to win a season in the Formula Vauxhall season for 1999. While competing and living in England, Tyler commuted to compete in the Jim Russell Triple Crown and took that series as well. This helped to earn him the title of "Road Racer of the Year" by the Motorsports Press Association. Tyler has since kept busy racing sports cars, sprint cars and NASCAR Southwest Tour cars with a 5th place finish at the 2003 NASCAR Tour event at Infineon Raceway. In 2004 Tyler began competing in professional D1 "drifting" events in a 600hp Toyota Supra. Tyler began instructing at Jim Russell in 2000 and now is one of the schools most versatile instructors as he teaches any and all programs. Tyler is recently married and spends free time driving anything he can, including "on-line" racing.

Currently runs RSR S2000 in FD

Just google his name and you will be amazed at what he has done and does for a living.. and yet he is one of the nicest guys in the sport to date we have had a chance to work with.

Ernie Fixmer

Same thing there is no set page of a Bio for him but thinkof it this way He learned drifting in Japan is one of the members of Team Murder and well one of the most talanted drivers and builders you can meet is totaly helpfull to drivers and is always looking to help a driver improve his skills. Just ask any of the drivers from vegas event they will tell you how much he was there for them.

Terry Henderson is http://driftbuffet.com/ or in simple terms the coruse manangement for D1gp.

You couldnt ask for any better judges.

pjmrnolife said:
i doesnt cost any $ to watch?

Yes as stated before 20 bucks without flyer 15 with.

Good stuff. Just trying to find some info on them before we see whats up. Being a subjective sport, there always are the spectators who would raise the controversy of the judge's decisions or even qualifications to judge. It's always nice to keep that at a minimum, so I figured a good introduction of who they are and what they do would help.

I would agree we are working on full Bios that would be off the site called "meet the Judges" So everyone can see their ablities and history in the sport

So whats the deal with this event, if i dont have a cage can i still sign up with out running the risk of being bumped off, also if i do get bumped off how long would it take before i get the money back.???

Tandum = Cages and Door Bars. No exceptions to that.

We will have part of the track avalible for people to run a practice only without cages. Cost is $125.00 you will not be entered into the competition and will be able to practice when main rounds are not happening.
Link to register is .

Practice Registration

This area of the event will be handled by Ter-Tech.

As for everyone Else I would recomend NOT WAITING to register. As it stand most of the Vegas Top 16 will be making trip to Florida. So space is going to be very limited in a extremly short time. We have people even making the trip from New England area. We have spots we are keeping open for the local Drivers so fill them up if not we will have to relase them to out of state peeps.

So. REGISTER NOW

why did my car have to be murdered :(

Can we have a track layout of the competition. Will everyone get to practise on the same track layout that the competition drivers will be driving on? Could you please layout with arrows teh direction on an arial picture. Will we have the whole track to our selves to drive on?

240SicknessX said:
Can we have a track layout of the competition. Will everyone get to practise on the same track layout that the competition drivers will be driving on? Could you please layout with arrows teh direction on an arial picture. Will we have the whole track to our selves to drive on?

Practice for non comp is different location then the competition track. Basicly we are spliting the road corse into half and letting non comp run in one are comp in the other.

S13 Slide said:
125 for both days ho much for sunday only? and until what time will the practice be happening? till dark?

$125.00 Your main practice day will be saturday Sunday cars will only get to run when elimination rounds are not going.

BlackBox said:
Practice for non comp is different location then the competition track. Basicly we are spliting the road corse into half and letting non comp run in one are comp in the other.

tertech is incharge of the track layout? I thought i read that the track was going to be split up.

Again, maybe an arial picture and arrows showing direction and if we are going to get 2-3 laps per run or are we going to be run one after another?

No we will be setting track layout for both areas. But Most likly will be look to Ter-Tech for the locals practice area opertations. Layout woill be ready mid week

people sign up now. You'll find out the track lay out the latest on the day of competition. go to www.driftfest.com also you can sign in as a vendor to get a 10x20 space for the weekend. pre reg. NOW.

Back
Top Bottom