MAY 27-28th GAINESVILLE RACEWAY DRIFTFEST/TER-TECH EVENT IS ON!!!!

Its official we will let the none cage drivers to drive both days, but there is a catch the caged drivers have priority over the none cage once in another words when the registration is nearing full the caged drivers will kick out the none cage drivers. If we get enough drivers.

ter-tech said:
Its official we will let the none cage drivers to drive both days, but there is a catch the caged drivers have priority over the none cage once in another words when the registration is nearing full the caged drivers will kick out the none cage drivers. If we get enough drivers.

If this happens, we WILL be refunded the reg fee right? I just watched a horrifying news story about you crazy finnish crooks.

This is awsome news, I will pre reg next paycheck. WOOT!

roadcourse1.jpg

ryojikaji143[/COLOR said:
]Wait wait wait, driftfest is involved? I'm not going to waste my time coming down then. The first driftfest was up here and it sucked ***. The second one that they attempted to throw didn't event happen. They took everyone's money for pre-registration and then cancelled the event due to "snow". Funny thing was, they did this 3 full weeks before the event was supposed to happen. On top of that they took their time paying everyone back. From what I hear there are still a few people that haven't received their refund.

Here is what I heard happened:

The organizers never paid the track fees from the first driftfest. Then they fabricated a second event in order to make even more money, took money from local drifters to organize more "events" in places like las vegas and Florida.

I don't know if it's true but it makes alot more sense to me.

I suggest to everyone that you use caution when dealing with them. Driftfest has such a bad reputation here that they can't even hold events in their hometown.

Here are a few threads from a local forum concerning the "cancelled" event:

http://www.northwestnissans.com/board/showthread.php?t=35627&page=7&pp=25&highlight=drift+fest

http://www.northwestnissans.com/board/showthread.php?t=38973&highlight=drift+fest

hmm thats what panic-mode Matt had to say about driftfest. but i trust in Ter-tech to make it that this won't happpen.

Last edited:
Ter-Tech has no control over the money Driftfest has the registration side of it. This info is something new to me. I'll look into it. Never the less the organizer seems to be in it with good intensions. Ter-Tech is going to be helping Driftfest organize, advertise, schedule etc... and if the event goes bad for some reason (not enough registered drivers) Driftfest will refund your money. This is what Driftfest has told me.
Thanks

Harri Tervola

Damn i dont know if drift fest is the same GROUP as Drift Furny, Cause i would be hella pissed if i go all the way to atlanta just to have it canceled or something.

I will answer these one by one. Just so there is no mix ups.

The organizers never paid the track fees from the first driftfest. Then they fabricated a second event in order to make even more money, took money from local drifters to organize more "events" in places like las vegas and Florida.

Umm No Everyone to this day has recived a refund. So this is just Absolutly FALSE and even if it was true trust me one event does not pay for 9 events magazine ads etc etc etc..

I suggest to everyone that you use caution when dealing with them. Driftfest has such a bad reputation here that they can't even hold events in their hometown.

Really? Interesting... So the one we did a month ago doesnt count? The one we are doing on our home track in August doesnt count? Once again BAD INFO

Here are a few threads from a local forum concerning the "cancelled" event:

http://www.northwestnissans.com/board/showthread.php?t=35627&page=7&pp=25&highlight=drift+fest

Wow you read the thread it says " issuing refunds in the next 10 to 14 business days."
Thread went to the 3rd then stoped..... Why majority of people got them.

Lets see... If you look at the 12th and the 14th I think you will see the response people got once it was brought our attention.

hmm thats what panic-mode Matt had to say about driftfest. but i trust in Ter-tech to make it that this won't happpen.

Smart Idea Panic mode is a small group if you do a search you will find even Panic mode has stated its all good. Main reason they didnt get their refunds is they registerd with all the same Email addy then they changed their team name and their email and contact phone this only created issue trying to contact them. Panic Mode has even state they will be comming to any events we have and I get bugged about Bi Weekly by them over our local track we have being built and when they can run on it.

Most of that drama was caused due to the person that posted on the forums in our staff never kept up with any issue and let the rest of us know there was issues. Insted he decided to take a leave of mental ablities and do nothing. This person is no longer with the company. Soon as I specificly was informed of any issues they were all resloved in less then 2 days See the "Second thread" with anyone that had not gotten a refund getting it back.. I could give you a list of about 70 threads all saying best events ever...

Look at the whole picture and read you will see that 2 threads or whatever does not create a issue its just one point in time.

I hope this now kills any questions. As stated prior if there are Issues we always try to answer them ASAP and continue to do so.

BTW thanks for answering the questions Harri. FLyers will be down there by end of week.

thats cool man, i was just putting out both sides of teh coin from a forum that people on here may not read. don't get your panties in a bunch, mate.

cheers and good will toward you and ter-techs success and ill see you on the track :thumbsup:

(and PMing someone telling them to respond is not very professional, it reeks of e-thugery but whatevs)

thats cool I guess that one was just te sore point to us. You depend on staff to keep us informed and when they dont all the good then in a instant can be gone. Why I personaly surf most the sites now. Also why we work with people like Harri to ensure all locals have someone they know invloved with the event. And that they have a advocate for the local scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Registration is Open for the event so start registering now. Judges will be Ernie Fixmer, Tyler Mcquarrie and Terry Henderson. We are working out Finals to Have Demo Runs done by Ernie and Tyler this week. So I would say register soon. As it is 15 cars are going to be comming in from the West coast so It would be great to see a good turn out from the locals. As it was in Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom