Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you proper ride height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on dude, keep at it.

Where on the inside is it rubbing at lock? Front of the wheel well or rear? Top or bottom?? Fender arch, or pinch weld/seam??

Because the pinchweld/seam that runs along the bottom of the frame rail towards the rear is kind of a bear to hammer flat. I used a cutoff wheel and notched mine, some friends used torches to soften and hammered theirs. That's the only place I could think of that rubs at full lock on the inside of the rim.

I haven't had the chance to work on the car much in the past week and a half. The last few days I have been trying to get the car ready to slide for drift night 12 up in Orlando, I should be there and yes I will finally get some action shots :bigthumbu Today the car got some much needed time on an alignment rack, I didn't get everything exactly where I wanted but the car drives so much better now. I'm looking forward to Saturday.

img265.jpg

img266.jpg

how the hell do you drive it with the front that low. say bye bye to your lip if you go off track

ohh noes my roll centers, what am I gonna do??? my car has no body roll but for some reason it handles like an suv. You guys suck, the car still feels like an S chassis on coils to me and since drifting is a moving car show fuck it. On the ground it will stay!!!

p1.jpg

ummm cant we all just get along....

...think its time to start up hellaflush east.

Can't wait to see the action pics.

If you're doing that oval, the transition from bank to flat is going to be a killer for you, since you don't have any articulation left. My only advice is try to make the transition on the straight. If you have to do it on the turn, you'll need to have the car set on your line so you can power through and may the force be with you, LOL

GL

I didn't make it up to Orlando today, shit is hard gay I was looking forward to some 3rd gear action. I didn't get a chance to slide it until today anyway and I still get some resistance just before full lock. So maybe it's better that I didn't go this month. The fender clearance is good, so I just have to look for the spots I missed that it's rubbing and beat it with a hammer some more. I threw a pair of meister's on the car 18x10 et.0 and went to a parking lot by my house to get some video of the car. The first couple of videos the camera was on the wrong setting so the quality sucks. I haven't slide the car in like 3 weeks so I'm a little rusty, excuse all the spins.

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0993.jpg

DSCN0995.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN0997.jpg

Rusty cause u havent drifted in 3 whole weeks????..........................

Yes that and the fact that I still couldn't go full lock. Hate all you want I've had the car and been sliding since the end of march and have been to 1 event. 2009 should be good, hopefully I'll get a lot of seat time and I'll be doing gangster 360's and shit :bigthumbu

And I know I love that parking lot, the only thing that sucks is it's on the fau/pbcc campus so you get those campus cops that roll through a lot. I've been there for like 20 minutes at a time though and never got caught.

wait is that the boca campus out back of FAU?? I have been there long ago maybe 3-4 yrs ago with a stock 240sx spinning out constantly...hahaha

That place is awesome!

Yeah the lot is right by that small airport there behind pbcc, I love it, it's so big and the places where grass is it's still concrete just with grass growing through the cracks so I drop wheels all day there. The lot is actually massive but most of it is overgrown. I guess they just don't take care of it.

nice....i had no clue you lived in boca, we were out there last night cause Season's Lost played at Murphy's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom