Help me spend a Sh!tload of money!

Kenrik said:
The Fact is CAs are known for spining bearings.. That's actually what I was thinking about when I made the statement about reliability.

if I want a old low power engine that I need to rebuild I might as well go with a KA... I mean dam get a KA24DE with 91 cams and Exhaust and you're already @ the same HP as a stock CA.

DUDE thats the dumbest statement i have ever read, please research before posting. First of all WTF is 91 cams, all KA24DE from 91- early 93 came with the same size cams(240*/248*), Secondly i could tell you have never been on a CA powered car. If you have that much money to spend, just get some coilovers, 2way diff, a good Clutch, upgrade the brakes, sway bars, TC rods, and Adjustable Upper Control arms. Add to that, Polyurathane Bushings, a flywheel, and any method of chassie stiffening. Simple, no need to be saying things that you dont know about.

DUDOCIUS said:
DUDE thats the dumbest statement i have ever read, please research before posting. First of all WTF is 91 cams, all KA24DE from 91- early 93 came with the same size cams(240*/248*), Secondly i could tell you have never been on a CA powered car. If you have that much money to spend, just get some coilovers, 2way diff, a good Clutch, upgrade the brakes, sway bars, TC rods, and Adjustable Upper Control arms. Add to that, Polyurathane Bushings, a flywheel, and any method of chassie stiffening. Simple, no need to be saying things that you dont know about.

Wrong, 91 cams have a more agressive grind and are good for a few HP, with exhaust the difference is even more noticeable.

Kenrik said:
Wrong, 91 cams have a more agressive grind and are good for a few HP, with exhaust the difference is even more noticeable.

You are Blessed with Ignorance Little Grasshopper. Who ever told you that lie about 91 cams should get shot, that was a myth that went around NICO and pretty much every single 240 forums out there. 91-early 93 came with 240 intake 248 exhaust. Late 93 - 98 The KA came with 232/232. on the s13 KA there wont be much difference unless you go for a 248/248 setup in which case you will lose low end power but you will acquire top end power. there is people who are using a 248/240 and the result are pretty much the same as with 248/248.

I don't know anything about KA's and their cams but there are a lot of myths that circulate as fact at NICO. Take everything from that site with a grain of salt and research it at a more trustworthy site such as Freshalloy.

dori dori said:
I don't know anything about KA's and their cams but there are a lot of myths that circulate as fact at NICO. Take everything from that site with a grain of salt and research it at a more trustworthy site such as Freshalloy.

Very True. Back on topic if you have that much money to spend on your car, make that car handle like a go kart you wont regret it.

Piner said:
Im talking preventative maintainece not after it spins a bearing, when you get the motor how evermany miles on it and it runs good no rod knock check out the bearings and replace them as nessary.

ah okay.

Back
Top Bottom