Help me spend a Sh!tload of money!

Kenrik said:
Sohc Ka-t > All....

plain stupidity there, sarcasim right? :laugh:

2way lsd, coilovers, all bushings replaced, tc rods (screw the paint for now) Learn to drive the car, feel the car and think about how you want the car to act. Then buy items that will make your car behave the way you want it to.

240SicknessX said:
plain stupidity there, sarcasim right? :laugh:

2way lsd, coilovers, all bushings replaced, tc rods (screw the paint for now) Learn to drive the car, feel the car and think about how you want the car to act. Then buy items that will make your car behave the way you want it to.

Duh rick ;)

Still looking into Esss Arrrrsss

Ca18det? cheap reliable lots of power with few mods and lighter than an sr and an easy swap

Piner said:
Ca18det? cheap reliable lots of power with few mods and lighter than an sr and an easy swap

I have heard CA18s are a lot of things but Reliable is not one of them...

Kenrik said:
I have heard CA18s are a lot of things but Reliable is not one of them...

From what I hear, they are like KAs......only as good as the upkeep. I have seen vids of CAs that rocked my socks *highway pulls like WHAT!*

OH peppermint SNAPS! Kenrik is going SR!

Kenrik said:
Bleh i'll stick with the Advance autoparts engine with warranty.

get a lower mile oem motor. dont get a rebuilt motor. When will you people learn the only motors that are gonna last are oem. Get a really good oem motor and go from there. DO NOT GET A CHEAP REBUILD. trust me. I know all about blowing motors

you know as long as you take care of them they last a really long time

so do KA's, I cant say that CA's arnt known for that since the motor Im gonna rebuild I got cheap because it spun a rod bearing lol but you know with new bearings they probly last longer than I'll have the car so thats what I care about so if you buy one just go ahead and change the rod bearings before you put it in the car I mean they do it to deisels all the time they just drop the oil pan and change the bearings and call it a day

Piner said:
you know as long as you take care of them they last a really long time

so do KA's, I cant say that CA's arnt known for that since the motor Im gonna rebuild I got cheap because it spun a rod bearing lol but you know with new bearings they probly last longer than I'll have the car so thats what I care about so if you buy one just go ahead and change the rod bearings before you put it in the car I mean they do it to deisels all the time they just drop the oil pan and change the bearings and call it a day
i hope u get it all remachined or you'll spin it again :D

TheBurntDrifter said:
i hope u get it all remachined or you'll spin it again :D

:stupid:
they might throw another set of bearings in a deisel and it be okay because they dont spin but maybe max 3300 rpm. The crank shaft and rod surface are scored from spinning the bearing, I would not just throw a set of bearings in a spun motor and expect it to perform and hold up. To repair I would polish the crank and oversize the rod end with a larger main bearing.

yeah, you'll need atleast a polished crank or an undamaged one. Also, think about how your rod could have been damaged and how the wall of your cylinder might look.

kenrik if u want to spend a lot of money!!! buy me a motor!!!!!

lmao

240SicknessX said:
:stupid:
they might throw another set of bearings in a deisel and it be okay because they dont spin but maybe max 3300 rpm. The crank shaft and rod surface are scored from spinning the bearing, I would not just throw a set of bearings in a spun motor and expect it to perform and hold up. To repair I would polish the crank and oversize the rod end with a larger main bearing.

Im talking preventative maintainece not after it spins a bearing, when you get the motor how evermany miles on it and it runs good no rod knock check out the bearings and replace them as nessary.

The Fact is CAs are known for spining bearings.. That's actually what I was thinking about when I made the statement about reliability.

if I want a old low power engine that I need to rebuild I might as well go with a KA... I mean dam get a KA24DE with 91 cams and Exhaust and you're already @ the same HP as a stock CA.

SR's spin bearings. They have a ghey oil pickup that sits a human hair above the cd case sized oil pan.

kwkouki said:
bro, whatever size parking cone you have up your ***, please eject it. :bigthumbu

Duuuude, that stuff only happens in the Keys. :bigthumbu

Back
Top Bottom