GUN Owners: Opinions needed

Not a fan of Glocks or anything plastic. I carry a Sig p229 for CCW and love it! I don't mind the extra weight of being metal. It's like a scaled down 1911, which are my personal favorite.

I used to have a police issue berretta .40 and got rid of it for my full size px4 storm 9mm. 9mm Ammo is almost half the price which makes a difference at the range if you like to go a lot and just as effective for home defense if need be. Especially with my Gold Dot hollow points.

I was considering the XD9 too for a little while. Anyway, just wanted to add the px4 into the mix. I absolutely love mine and the recoil is so smooth with the rotating barrel.

the gun show ends today, however my brother picked up a glock 23 at the pawn shop for 400 unused condition...someone just bought one and never used it, and sold it to the pawn shop.

however I still have my sights set on a ruger sr9/40

@cobrastngsvt, that rotating barrel is very ingenious, i wonder what effect it has on recoil

@CobraStngSVT, I definitely will.

As a matter of fact, I missed the gun show, however I will still be on the hunt, budsgunshop.com is gonna be my first stop

go with the 40, more stopping power... I carry an xd40sc every day and I absolutely love it and will never leave home with out it. I also carried a 3" Springfield 1911 but the weight was a tad bit annoying. Buds has great pricing, also check out floridaguntrader.com

I always laugh at the more stopping power argument between 9mm and .40+

The person on the other end of the gun doesn't care what it is.... he just has a nasty hole in him and shrapnel tearing up his insides.

Hollow point 9mm is plenty for defense. Oh and not to mention my full size Px4 holds 18 rounds.

And if your going to argue that bigger is better than you might as well run with Rodd's idea!

Say no to clock. I don't trust striker fire handguns.
If you want something that will stop someone, even with armor or heavy clothing, pick up a Tokarev. It goes for about 200 bucks, uses 7.62 x 25 and penetrates soft and plated armor ( 88grain round goes 1,720 fps). Plus for half the price of a glock you can pick up one of these guys plus a spam can of 1000 rounds for the same price as a glock, and with better stopping power than a .45. Why would you want a polymer gun anyway? I think the russian/ yugo fuckers who would use these in war have shown that these guns can handle war.

What did the glock say to the hand??

KA-BOOM! :bigthumbu

Last edited:
I always laugh at the more stopping power argument between 9mm and .40+

The person on the other end of the gun doesn't care what it is.... he just has a nasty hole in him and shrapnel tearing up his insides.

Hollow point 9mm is plenty for defense. Oh and not to mention my full size Px4 holds 18 rounds.

And if your going to argue that bigger is better than you might as well run with Rodd's idea!

If that person on the other end of the gun is high on some type of drug, a 9mm might not phase him for the most part. So having as much force as you can helps.

hollow points go a longgggg way.

Anyone in contest is welcome to let me shoot them with one. :rolleyes:

If that person on the other end of the gun is high on some type of drug, a 9mm might not phase him for the most part. So having as much force as you can helps.

Thats why you aim to kill papo.
If the guy is on meth, there you either put em down, or double tap the chest.

any .cal the guy will feel it.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

stopping power < bullet placement.

Exactly.
If you get good, you can walk people with 1 .22 to the forehead.

I personally like the Glock 23 and will be buying one soon the can be had for around the mid to high 300's.buddy of mine bought his for $380 with 2 Glock 19 mags, cleaning kit, and case

Back
Top Bottom