Florida International University? any students on here?

hey! I was just accepted in FIU and i was wondering if any on here goes their. Is their a good crowd and party scene? anything i need to know before i decide to go here?

I went there but I didn't have financial aid and it got expensive. Atmosphere is good if you get involved in stuff. And if you're focused on getting a degree because it isn't cakewalk.

I plan on studying "undecided"... jk, looking into some type of business management degree or something. Havent quite decided. I hear that their are lots of hispanic people, is this true(im not racist, im just wondering, im asian/white)? Do you go to FIU homeskillet305?

FIU is a good school for business. Plus 1 on parking, there is all types of scene's down here its Miami, were not talking about North Dakota here...

Yes i do. Hispanics are the majority but there are plenty of other races as well. In my opinion it's the best education for the money it's very cheap compared to other universities. If your not sure about it just drop by and check out the campus.

lol, the whole miami/south florida scene is new to me since i grew up north of orlando. might sell the 240 and get me a bike..... currently im living in dadeville, alabama where the population is like 3000-4000 people lol, if that.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

im on the pre-paid college program and i plan on visiting within the next month or so.

and we can be friends..... i should be coming in the spring 2011 term. finishing high school early cuz im sick of rednecks in alabama. i dont give a crap about their 4wd, leaf springs, leveling kits, etc.... and i sure as hell dont care about hunting or fishing with any of them.... and im surrrre as hell aint gonna date my cousin like half these guys do! theres a county down here where seriously almost everyone is related. its insane.

how is your experience down their mr. dacocoprince?

I'm in hospitality and I love it. Its fun, jobs are abundant, and its filled with hot chicks. If your asking about FIU in general I guess I have grown to love it. I haven't went to any other college so i don't have a comparison for u.

..... i will be needing a job(maybe bagging groceries!), i will be needing hot chicks as well. Thanks for that great information. btw, your avatar is very interesting....

the parking fucking sucks more dick than a hooker on a crack binge. seriously.
and yes compared to miami dade ( where i am now ) i much rather have stayed in fiu. dade is a fkn joke.
im pretty sure you will like it. the women are abundant. very good stuff

I went there but I didn't have financial aid and it got expensive. Atmosphere is good if you get involved in stuff. And if you're focused on getting a degree because it isn't cakewalk.

It aint too hard. This isn't oxford we're talking about or anything

I think its way better than Miami-Dade. Go to it.

+1...although I dont study in miami dade and I've heard that some programs are harder. But I like the FIU vibe a lot better

Parking sucks unless you get there like 8a.m. early. What do you pan on studying?

Parking is a LOT better now with that monster garage they opened...basically I can now get there anywhere from 2-5 pm and know there'll be spaces available in the higher floors. Its not like before when you had to stalk people to get their parking spots.

Oh yeah and dont forget the new Chilli's now has Yuengling draft for $3.40 which is a very reasonable price.

I plan on studying "undecided"... jk, looking into some type of business management degree or something. Havent quite decided. I hear that their are lots of hispanic people, is this true(im not racist, im just wondering, im asian/white)? Do you go to FIU homeskillet305?

There are a lot of hispanics/blacks/asians/indians(if you study engineering you will be surrounded by Indians and Asians) and much more. Its truly very, very diverse. Im kinda used to it but when friends from abroad come over they are surprised when they find out how many different nationalities and races are present at the university.
One of my best memories from FIU is having fun one night with a stolen golf cart, driving around campus, between the buildings, etc. It was packed with 5-6 people -one Iranian, 1 cuban, 2 colombians, 1 syrian...you get the idea

I think if you want to study in Miami its a pretty good deal because U.M is expensive as fuck and its better than Miami Dade ....also, this semester I've noticed a huge surge in hot girls. Fuckin serious. From what I was told the economy caused many kids who would have gone to U.M go to FIU....as a result theres more hot chicks now.

It depends on what you want to study..... Also what campus....University Park Campus is a lot better than the other ones. Overall coming to Miami will be a huge difference from that little town in Alabama and if you want to party you have the whole Southbeach clubbing scene

Last edited:
wow..... u made my day Sir tmwnn88! My top priorities in college is to make good grades, party with hotties, find some buddies n drift, and ride golf carts around campus! From what you just told me, i can do all of these. It seems that you like beer, lol. and yes U.M. is hard to get into and expensive as buttt! would people trip if i bought me a scooter to ride around on? or should i just be a badass and get a street bike? if only i could get my 240 to miami......

afraid it wont make it lol. its not worth the haul really. just a 240sx with bc264 cams, kyb agx/s tech spring set up, injen cai, magnaflow, and some other goodies. thats like a long ass drive forreal. are their lots of 240s down in miami.. or are they scarce?

Back
Top Bottom