Florida International University? any students on here?

lol glad I could help...just to be clear I take your username means Asian Jesus? if thats the case are you Steve Aoki? hook me up with some vip club tickets when you get here!

lol anyways... About the scooter, why not? lots of students use them, but you'll find that the majority rides around in cars. The reason for this is that everything in Miami is spreaaaadd ouuuut and the public transportation sucks, so a car in many cases is a necessity. Its not like Italy where most college students use scooters. Either a bike or a scooter would make a HUGE difference in parking though, because its a lot easier than with a car.

If you are gonna be living on campus, then I'd think a scooter would be fine. However, a bike would give you more mobility...for example I can't imagine riding from FIU to south beach on a scooter lol, so thats something to keep in mind because chances are the majority of places you'll want to go (coconut grove, lincoln road, etc) will be far away.Personally I've wanted a bike for the longest but $$$ goes to other priorities for now...and currently have a scooter in the garage waiting for some free time to get it running :(

But yes...alabama and rednecks fucking fail so get out of there nao! You might find some people here nearly as annoying and ignorant as them though. I plan to graduate either Spring or summer 2011 so I guess I'll see you around next semester

yes it means asian jesus.... but i am no Steve Aoki lol...

Scooters dont get the chicks though, soooo i might just go with an older gsxr or a new ninja 250r...

I will be living on campus for the first year i believe, and might move out later...

Alabama is a lousy piece of shit place! i live on the lake so i ride jet skis all the damn time though... lol.... I expect to see you next year...

I will be more than likely standing around campus, trying to look cool waiting for someone to say hey to me.

I'm in hospitality and I love it. Its fun, jobs are abundant, and its filled with hot chicks. If your asking about FIU in general I guess I have grown to love it. I haven't went to any other college so i don't have a comparison for u.

compared to all the other colleges i have been... i had more fun in Tennesse than FIU.. Fiu is not hard, you just need to get to class every single time and you should get a laptop to take notes or record clases. school is decent.. if you can check orlando is more fun as a college, people are more friendly. in Fiu a lot of people work and go to school so there is not much time between clases to socialize if you are a full time student, full time worker. also if you ride. get a cheap bike to go to school, i bought my first bike out of necesity because i didnt like to park my eclipse on the school, because most of the girls drive like idiots and they tend to open the doors too hard and give you door dings. so i bought a motorcycle and there was noone with one at that time... when i graduated (early this year) now is full of bikes lol.. but you can still find cool parkings and is very safe for bikes. in UCF also is pretty much bike oriented too..

also before picking your classes go to rate my professor and check the reviews.. it is very accurate..also if you can afford it take the hardest classes online so they are a lot easier and shorter :D

thanks for the tips! i applied to ucf as well but i think my ACT might be lacking a bit. soo you liked fiu?

nope.. i graduated 3.4 :(.. almost cum lauded !. Honestly i had more fun in the last 2 other colleges i was (one in south america) the other one in TN. since they are not like in the middle of the city like this one.. people tend to be more friendly and is easier to make good friends and find girlfriends. but in FIU, almost everybody is in a rush or busy. lol. are you paying out of state tuition ? also if you do come to FIU shoot me a pm ill give you a list of proffersors which is really hard to not get an A lol

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

yes it means asian jesus.... but i am no Steve Aoki lol...

Scooters dont get the chicks though, soooo i might just go with an older gsxr or a new ninja 250r...

I will be living on campus for the first year i believe, and might move out later...

Alabama is a lousy piece of shit place! i live on the lake so i ride jet skis all the damn time though... lol.... I expect to see you next year...

I will be more than likely standing around campus, trying to look cool waiting for someone to say hey to me.

lol.. just bring your 240 and you will be drifting here.. if you can afford it , live on campus.. also dont expect money from grocery bagging to cover expenses in miami.. is a very expensive town. besides.. you will miss the lake.. :( also, dont get a scooter because miami people drive very agressivle so you might get run over easily , get a gixxer and put full cover insurance.. since they get rob ASAP like nothing..

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

afraid it wont make it lol. its not worth the haul really. just a 240sx with bc264 cams, kyb agx/s tech spring set up, injen cai, magnaflow, and some other goodies. thats like a long ass drive forreal. are their lots of 240s down in miami.. or are they scarce?

ship it!.... like 500 bucks or less via truck. they are not scarce, but most are completely destroyed lol

Locko, what was your major when you attended FIU?
I am a resident due to the florida pre-paid plan and i will be living on campus. Hopefully i'll like the city life! I figured that the people their might not be the best drivers, sooo i wiill have to think about what i wanna drive. the lake is nice but i rather have a beach lol... ill definately hit u up for a list of easy teachers when the time comes.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

FATBOYZ drift team.... is that forreal? i want a sticker lol

Locko, what was your major when you attended FIU?
I am a resident due to the florida pre-paid plan and i will be living on campus. Hopefully i'll like the city life! I figured that the people their might not be the best drivers, sooo i wiill have to think about what i wanna drive. the lake is nice but i rather have a beach lol... ill definately hit u up for a list of easy teachers when the time comes.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

FATBOYZ drift team.... is that forreal? i want a sticker lol

I graduated from International Relations with 2 minors, Asian Studies and Geography. LOL there is no drift team.. just the fat part! lol.. im barely learning to drift :D lol..

Didnt go to FIU but I know some people going there (for law school) and they seem to like it, apparently its rated relatively highly among public universities..

I was going down to miami all the time over the past 8 months.. Party scene is pretty dope, theres a little bit of everything, hipster/dive bar shit, guido shit, typical miami outrageous baller stuff, so you can kinda get into a little of whatever, although going out can get expensive if you dont know people..

I went to UCF, it was decent I suppose but social scene is kinda odd. Orlandos decent, a little bit more laid back pace then Miami, and if your into the theme parks and that bullshit theres that too... Also the downtown scene in Orlando has its advantages compared to Miami (you can bar hop and walk around to the various places downtown) where as miami, unless your at the few clubs that are close to each other downtown or the bars in the grove, you have to drive around a bit..

But then again, i was staying mainly in downtown/gables/grove area, and I know there are probably a shit ton more bars/clubs/shit to do in kendal and the other surrounding 'suburbs' and around the college area near FIU..

Personally I kinda dig Miami from my short time spent there. Lots of good food, gorgeous women, something going on every night of the week if you want to go out, and even alot of cool events that arent necessarily 'clubbing', ie. Art Walk every month. Also the beach and bay is a plus for outdoor shit.

If you can get along with spanish people or speak spanish and get into the school it probably wouldnt be a bad place to go.

Miami sounds like a lot of fun and i think i will end up going their. I like a faster pace of living, and a large selection of things to do(bars, beach, etc..) It sounds like you enjoyed miami alot. I use to visit orlando a little bit when i was younger.... i hate rollercoasters lol. I took two years of spanish so i hope that helps.......
What is the best campus for FIU? (someone previously mentioned University Park) how is the biscayne campus?

Miami sounds like a lot of fun and i think i will end up going their. I like a faster pace of living, and a large selection of things to do(bars, beach, etc..) It sounds like you enjoyed miami alot. I use to visit orlando a little bit when i was younger.... i hate rollercoasters lol. I took two years of spanish so i hope that helps.......
What is the best campus for FIU? (someone previously mentioned University Park) how is the biscayne campus?

i dont think is called university park anymore.. but is the one on 10900 sw 8 street (between 8 street "calle ocho" and sw 25 st with 107 avenue)

Yea theres definitely a lot of shit to do and you can kinda get into whatever scene you want, be it cars, partying, beach shit, bitches, art, whatever. And also if you got a little bit of cash and a long weekend the bahamas or the keys isnt far away and is a nice little vacation. Or you can just blow all the money and get fucked up in some club on south beach. haha

Also, 2 years of spanish aint gunna do you shit really. Except you will catch 1-2 words out of a 2-3 minute convo. Like 'oh shit, zapatos, they must be talking about shoes' but yeah, besides that, not gunna help.

I took 3 years of spanish (granted i didnt pay attention really) and my ex's family is all Columbian, couldnt understand shit really when they would talk. lol

I suggest going to Lincoln road in miami beach, sitting down one day, and just people watching. Also, go to a hipster bar like vagabond or white room on a good night, lot of interesting characters usually haha.

Yea theres definitely a lot of shit to do and you can kinda get into whatever scene you want, be it cars, partying, beach shit, bitches, art, whatever. And also if you got a little bit of cash and a long weekend the bahamas or the keys isnt far away and is a nice little vacation. Or you can just blow all the money and get fucked up in some club on south beach. haha

Also, 2 years of spanish aint gunna do you shit really. Except you will catch 1-2 words out of a 2-3 minute convo. Like 'oh shit, zapatos, they must be talking about shoes' but yeah, besides that, not gunna help.

I took 3 years of spanish (granted i didnt pay attention really) and my ex's family is all Columbian, couldnt understand shit really when they would talk. lol

I suggest going to Lincoln road in miami beach, sitting down one day, and just people watching. Also, go to a hipster bar like vagabond or white room on a good night, lot of interesting characters usually haha.

true that about vagabond!!! lol, but why cant you be into all those scenes together... cars, bitches, beaches clubs, partying!! time and places to do them all in miami!!!!

true that about vagabond!!! lol, but why cant you be into all those scenes together... cars, bitches, beaches clubs, partying!! time and places to do them all in miami!!!!

If you got the money, go for it. But just goin out is gunna put you in the poor house unless you got a nice trust fund goin.

And a hipster bar is where a bunch of people who like to think they are 'cutting edge' or 'intellectual' or 'cultured' hang out
More or less theres alot of dickhead people who think they are entitled to shit, a lot of hot girls who are complete head cases and got alotta daddy issues, and alot of flannel and jorts floating around.
If you actually talk to some people you'll probably here alot about there blogs, some photography shit they are working on, modeling gigs they are doing, styling jobs, and here about how cool art school is. (check out www.8mts.com , www.miamimayhem.com , and www.anthonyverrilli.com for pictures of said hipster bars/events, will give you an idea of the sort of shit that goes on.. lol )

But all in all they can be a pretty good time, kuz hipsters do like to get drunk/fucked up.

But yeah, if your into that check out Vagabond, White Room, Bar (old ps14), maybe Rokbar on certain nights, or like Purdy lounge on sunday nights.

Thing is if your out near FIU all of this shit is a bit of a ride, so your gunna want to find somewhere to crash near downtown, a DD, or get real good at driving fucked up.

Last edited:
Thats insane?! Bru's room $1.60 baby!!!

Yeah but Chilli's is IN-CAMPUS. And its typical american prices for beer: i.e, they have many varieties of horse piss (budweiser, miller, heineken, etc) and the few decent beers (guinness) are expensive as fuck because Americans dont know shit about beers and no one buys them.

whats a hipster bar lol............. sounds fun watching weird people all day.
dang, all that spanish for nothing........

Hipster = Trendy faggoty fags, douchebags, faggoty douchebags, I dunno, there's a lot of synonyms for the word "hipster" and none of them are nice. God how I hate them. Pseudo intellectual scenesters who like to act artsy and smart and spend a shitload of money trying to look rugged or poor. Universally hated by everyone including their parents.

The Spanish spoken in Miami is fucking HORRIBLE. Its a bloody disgrace to the language. A lot of central/caribbean americans.... you'll have to learn how to speak wrong and say dumb things like "te llamo pa atra"

University Campus is the main one, so its the biggest and where most things happen. If you are gonna major in business thats where you will be

Hipster bars............................. lol. Im getting excited, i cant wait for january. What type of jobs do college students get down here? I only need to one to cover the expenses of "having fun" and "automobile/insurance" since my food and everything will be paid for. can you actually work at the restaurants and stuff on campus?

Another question pertaining to "automobile/insurance". How good is the bus system down their? Is it possible to get to your job and back home with the bus system?
I keep debating on if i should sell my car and buy another when im in florida, get a street bike, or a 49cc Honda Ruckus scooter so i wont have to pay insurance and gas would be super cheap...... so many decisions for a young man. lol

SpunTek Perf..... if you are reading this, how do you like the mechanical engineering? (i am considering going into some type of engineering for four years and then transferring into business just like you...... i will probably wait a few years then get my business degree though)

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

i need reliable transportation unlike my current 240sx that just broke 2 wheel studs driving down the road lol... maybe Honda Ruckus now... another 240sx later??

Hipster bars............................. lol. Im getting excited, i cant wait for january. What type of jobs do college students get down here? I only need to one to cover the expenses of "having fun" and "automobile/insurance" since my food and everything will be paid for. can you actually work at the restaurants and stuff on campus?

Another question pertaining to "automobile/insurance". How good is the bus system down their? Is it possible to get to your job and back home with the bus system?
I keep debating on if i should sell my car and buy another when im in florida, get a street bike, or a 49cc Honda Ruckus scooter so i wont have to pay insurance and gas would be super cheap...... so many decisions for a young man. lol

SpunTek Perf..... if you are reading this, how do you like the mechanical engineering? (i am considering going into some type of engineering for four years and then transferring into business just like you...... i will probably wait a few years then get my business degree though)

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

i need reliable transportation unlike my current 240sx that just broke 2 wheel studs driving down the road lol... maybe Honda Ruckus now... another 240sx later??

ill be honest with you.. jobs on school suck.. you wont be able to even pay for the high rates of pip and libiality in miami, if you get a bike or a scooter(wont recomend it) it rains everyday, people are awful drivers, roads are destroyed, it will get stolen unless you buy a chinese or korean bike.. something noone has. bus system.. what bus system ? lol.. is extremelly limited, bus stop have no roof or cover from rain or excesive heat.. if you use the bus system you will be sweating all day long.. for that just get a bike.. should you buy a car here.. nope just bring it.. any rust bucket you have there is in way better condition than here and cheaper. i ride bikes everyday and is either get wet, sweat or run over lol.. besides if you dont have your motorcycle endorsment already it will cost you 250 bucks to get it here. besides if you get a bike please put insurance! coz everyone says "ophh ill have a bike coz i will save on insurance" well no. it will get stolen in one point of another..

also lets make the drift team happen! lol

Back
Top Bottom