Federal anti-drug agent dies after shot near Pembroke Pines post office

z4k

Super Mod
Driver
PEMBROKE PINES - Federal, state and local police are hunting today for a gunman who shot and killed a customs agent in broad daylight in the parking lot of a postal distribution center.

The unidentified agent, a member of the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Task Force, had been taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood in critical condition after the shooting, which occurred about 8:55 a.m., police spokesman Sgt. Bryan Davis said.

Davis announced the man's death at around noon.

It was not known if the shooting outside the postal service's South Florida Processing and Distribution Center at Pines Boulevard and Dykes Road had anything to do with the agent's job.

Davis said police were looking for the gunman, who was described as between 45 to 55 years old, with a full head of gray hair. He was wearing a short-sleeve, green plaid shirt.

The suspect was last seen driving east on Pines Boulevard in a 2005 gray-green Chrysler 300 four-door sedan.

About 200 federal, state and local law enforcement agents were expected to participate in a dragnet for the gunman, Davis said.

Officers canvassed businesses in the area, looking for any surveillance video tape that might show the shooting or the suspect.

A statewide alert also was issued.

About a hundred officers assembled at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection office near the post office, many of them in bullet-resistant vests. A Blackhawk helicopter from the federal Department of Homeland Security made several stops there to pick up officers.

"We're just going to saturate the area," Davis said. "We'll just start turning over every rock."

Davis said officers responding to the shooting found the agent laying next to his black Chrysler 300 sedan.

The agent was shot once, but Davis would not say where.

The victim worked in internal affairs with Customs and Border Protection, said agency spokesman Jose Castellano. He had no further details.

The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas program coordinates local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to combat drug-related crime in targeted regions.

South Florida, including Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe and Palm Beach counties, was designated for the program in 1990 because of the area's high level of drug trafficking.

The lobby of the postal service center, where people can drop off mail, was closed. However, Davis said the sorting area was open.

The center is one of three mail distribution centers in South Florida. The others are in Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call Broward Crime Stoppers at at 954-493-TIPS, Pembroke Pines police, 954-431-2200, or online: www.browardcrimestoppers.org.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-805pinesshooting,0,1932080.story

Fucking scum bag Fagots.

thats just fucked up.....i wonder if it had something to do with his job or car related, i t could just be a coincidence that they both drive a chrystler 300

Looks like somebody didn't get their shipment of cocaine! Guy was probably dealing himself, crooked ass cops!!

just saw cocaine cowboys ll

i predict things will get worst im predicting another cocaine era for miami but not cocaine

ROLLS

exstacy is popping off underground SERIOUSLY now adays.
shits gon get worst its a perfect time for it with the recession and all. ppl are buying guns getting desperate for money

u get caught and its 7 years per pill

So I was showing Guy some wheels I had to let him borrow and when we are walking back to his car this Intrepid pulls up and there is a guy and a girl in the front seat with FBI bullet proof vests on and they asked me for an address I'm like uhhh I dunno where it is sorry, I see two other people in the back kinda poke their heads out and they are wearing masks and shit........maybe he's in my neighborhood? freaky shit

My dad is working on this case they have were looking for this guy all day yesterday. Hopefully they find him today, I know Miami Gardens PD, Miramar PD, and Pembroke Pines PD is busting their asses trying to find this guy. He wont make it to prison....mark my words.

yeah i passed and saaw from us customs to postal police....mia, pembroke pines, miramar, bso....all of em....shit is nuts

WHY wont he make it to prison?? Because when an officer gets shot the whole squad goes crazy?? The guy was probably taking bribes from the "BAD GUYS" anyways ,LOL. So explain why is it that when someone is murdered every few seconds in this fine state the cops don't give a shit except send out some cracked out detectives????

I'm not saying that the police shouldnt kill every murder suspect out there I can tell you the reason why he won't make it to prison. Is because we are all trying to do a job out here and when a fellow officer gets killed it makes us feel unsafe in our job. We are all trying to provide for our family's and I never said he wasn't a crooked cop but that isn't for me to say. I love how in the thread where the motorcycle racer just died and everyone shows remorse to him but as soon as an Officer dies people are quick to jump and say he is a crooked cop. There are shitty people in the world that take peoples lives and thats the end of the story a man was shot in the head in front of his 12 year old daughter and may he rest in piece. A badge shouldn't dictate whether or not to feel sorry for this man and his family. End of story.

Plus anyone who cold blooded murders someone in front of their 12 year old child is not going to make it to prison. This man just scarred this child for life.

Last edited:
So you guys should feel unsafe ALL THE TIME!! This is SOUTH FLORIDA MAN, COCAINE CAPITOL and quickly growing Extasy capitol also, drugs revolves are little world we like to call Miami! Just happens to be that a agent that is working on a drug task force in Miami gets shot one time in the face in broad daylight, YOU SERIOUS! You guys should feel just as safe as every other day! The guy had a hit out for him. I don't know ANY person that could shoot someone dead in the face with ONE shot unless trained to do so! If it was some random guy that had road rage "so they say" he would of emptied half the clip or the whole thing just out of sheer fear holding a gun in his hands and popping someone in the middle of a BUSY ass intersection in broad daylight! Lucky shot, I doubt it! I live no more then a few blocks away from where this happened!

P.S --- we can do this all day if you like!

I'm not saying we don't feel unsafe at all times. BTW they apprehended a possible suspect just now. He is a dialasis patient so you think he into drug wars?

so they say they cought the guy.. He shot the FBI agent because of road rage..

Back
Top Bottom