Drifting Tires: Which shred and which dont?

FRONT - dunlpop z1 star apecs are awesome
Avans ad08 is awesome too. Ao48 was also good.
Falken axienas also good get greasy sometimes.
Nexen last forever kinda push and suck ass a little in the front.

Rear
dunlop z1 great grip consitent dont chunk but dont last long.
Nexen is my favorite for the rear consistent grip all the way down and last forever dont smoke that much.

Next on my list to try this year is the new Nitto nt05 i think should be sweet up front.
And i wanna try those maxxis shits and see what pats always all hyped about all the tiem.

Nexen is my favorite for the rear consistent grip all the way down and last forever dont smoke that much.

really?

SmokeWall.jpg

^ Lmao, falken is decent. Any rears are gonna get chewed up tho and depending on where your drifting more than others

Brand/Model: hankook optimo h418
Size: 185/55/15
Condition: used but still lots of life left, no dry rot at all!!
Durability: -2
Misc. Info: THEY SUKK!! IF I DIDNT GET THEM FREE ID NEVER RUN THEM AGAIN, AFTER 2 LAPS AT THE SKID PAD THEY START 2 FALL APART (CHUNKING) EVEN IF U COOL THEM DOWN BETWEEN RUNS. AND I DONT EVEN HAVE POWER SO ITS NOT LIKE TORQUE RIPPING THEM APART OR ANYTHING. they do smoke though but nothing 2 talk about.. when they over heat they drastically loose grip.

Brand/Model: hankook optimo h418
Size: 185/55/15
Condition: used but still lots of life left, no dry rot at all!!
Durability: -2
Misc. Info: THEY SUKK!! IF I DIDNT GET THEM FREE ID NEVER RUN THEM AGAIN, AFTER 2 LAPS AT THE SKID PAD THEY START 2 FALL APART (CHUNKING) EVEN IF U COOL THEM DOWN BETWEEN RUNS. AND I DONT EVEN HAVE POWER SO ITS NOT LIKE TORQUE RIPPING THEM APART OR ANYTHING. they do smoke though but nothing 2 talk about.. when they over heat they drastically loose grip.

Are you seriously writing a review about 185s?? Were you drifting a moped?

shit the moped would have more power than my ka. i dont even get wheel spin shifting into 2nd. and i completely run out of power when i go around the skid pad and get 2 the part with the wall it almost boggs out have 2 give it a clutch kick or 2 . and 2 drift all the way back in gotta come fast and clutch kick again..... ka faill!!!! i need boost. put it this way. my wot and full lock in 2nd equals 5k and thats it it stays there.

you shouldnt get wheel spin shifting a ka into 2nd anyways. and what tire pressures were you running?

its really hard to write a review on a used set anyways since you really dont know the true condition of the tire.

45 cold. mostly nitrogen lol.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

just for kicks my first blown hankook
ttiresss.jpg

Yeah dude, you have to clutchkick, it's drifting. You should be able to at least run 205s or something. Especially on a big s14. Learn to manhandle your car.

Brand/Model:
Size:
Condition:
Durability:
Misc. Info:

i'll shed some insight/opinions in here, I've ran a bunch of different tires... first off, if you're rocking SE's, or stock wheels, or something similar, and all you get is used tires for drifting, you're doing it wrong. how can you expect to get better when your car acts completely differently EVERY run? i know, at bronson i was killing it, on some lower sidewall, lowish tredwear used "radials"... then when i went to tandem with conkling, i through on a set of other "radials" that were some whatever brand, i couldn't slide for shit as the sidewalls were flexing so much, the tires were actually skipping on the bank, scary shit...

Brand/Model: Goodyear Eagle GT
Size:245/40/18F, 255/40/18R
Condition:new
Durability: decent
Misc. Info: really good for front tire grip, rears started chunking after 5 "laps" at Desoto in the GTR... smokes decent, nothing crazy.

Be careful though....

0128001810.jpg

Brand/Model: Federal 595's
Size: 235/40/18's
Condition: new
Durability: awesome IMHO
Misc. Info: great tire, price is gnar gnar cheap, awesome grip in the rain, there when you need it drifting. had on front, awesome grip on banking, and infield, swapped to rear, and camber flipped when they got to about 50%, AWESOME tire for drifting, seemed, at least maybe with my -4 camber, that they provided the perfect amount of grip, for full control in either grip or drift. i spent 30 minutes straight at bronson speedway, doing laps, 8's, beans, and drifting the bank, and infield, and still had decent enough tread to drive to CFRC and throw it in a wall, rub the smashed 1/4 panel till it was boiling, made three more passes, and still rode home as if nothing happened. I'm probably going to be running these as my front and rear drift tire for a while, cost is low enough to afford a good solid consistent tire i know is going to last through some abuse. smoke's OK.

Brand/Model: Cooper Zeon
Size:225/50/16 rears
Condition:new
Durability: 9000+
Misc. Info: awesome tire for you smaller wheel guys, plenty of grip in wet or dry for DD, and enough predictable, constant grip for drifting, no chunking after 2 events, and some daily use... ended up delaminating around the wire. great tire though, would buy again for stock/small wheels.... T28 SR and the tires laid down WALLS of smoke...

DSCF2098.jpg

0:58 watch the smoke, i love these tires.

I'll come back and add more to the "database", i've ran a LOT of new and used tires in common small tires (from drifting useds on SE's), and larger 17/18 sizes. I'm just kind stoned right now, and i want to post up on the couch watch some TV/360, or get wet.

oh yeah, Potenza Reo50a or whatever, they blow ass for front grip, good for drift burners though, i suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL thread revival. I know these were in the op but I felt I should put in my experience.

Brand/Model: Hankook k106
Size: 205/50/15
Condition: 30%? life left when I got em
Durability: a lot
Misc. Info: I threw on some random 50% life 195/60s for my first run at Desoto and they delaminated by the end of the run. I threw on the hankooks with about 30% life left at around 35 psi cold and they lasted the whole day until my last run, on Desoto's rough ass pavement. They were pretty fucking awesome if I may say so myself. I ended up swapping them out because they were down to the cords for about 2-3 runs and I wanted to try bank on my last run but didn't want them to let go on the bank.

there's some really good info some of the newer guys should be reading in here, why not dig a grave when it's filled with gold?

Back
Top Bottom