DRIFTING 101: Your guide to drifting.

Be sure to check different models of your cars some may have different camshafts or even possible head swap. i.e. on s13s you cann use two exhaust cams and put a twin cam head on single cam block for increased comression. Honda style!

ok ya just to clear this up the head swap is "possible" but very difficult and very unpractical requires fab work and DOHC KAs are pretty cheap soo ya dont do it.

as someone else said yes the SOHC PISTONS will swap into a DOHC for an increas of 1.0 compression ie DOHC stock = 9:1 +SOHC pistons = 10:1 the cool thing for SOHC guys conversely is if you put DOHC pistons in a SOHC motor it will bring it DOWN the compression one whole point. this would be horrible for NA but great for turbo to help prevent detonation ie 8:1 compression. making your motors more sturdy under the obvious stress of drifting.

the cams are all swappable and there are many different combination's you can do (each shifts the powerband so you gotta find out what you like and it is more applicable to boost) the one you are talking about is using an s13 DOHC exhaust in a s14 DOHC INTAKE this should give you a I-248/ E-248 durations but YOU MUST retard the Intake gear four teeth counter clock wise (CCW) if you dont you wont see the benefits and iirc you may mess up some valves. however like stated, this is only going to give you like 2-5hp at best BUT if you get cam gears from someone like Jim Wolf Technologies it will make it worth your while...so im told. if you search on KA-T.org they have a lot of useful info on this topic, and with something as risky as your valve-train i would x2 check there first. but plz make sure to search first and dont go asking douchey questions.

hope i was able to help. :)

so then wat would you all recommend for someone starting out a welded diff or aftermarket lsd keep in mind im a lil under funded since i just spent most of money on the car :D

Back
Top Bottom