Drift Sessions @ Countyline Skidpad - May 15th (Advanced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think once people get the hang of countersteer they will figure out the lines and whatnot. let people get comfortable and past the whole adrenaline rush then they will start getting technical.

fuck man let people have fun and get into it

I think once people get the hang of countersteer they will figure out the lines and whatnot. let people get comfortable and past the whole adrenaline rush then they will start getting technical.

no line, no drift. donuts maybe, but ppl were even having issues with that.

if it was up to me I would change the name from Drift-Sessions to Spin-Sessions :bigthumbu

+1:bigthumbu

Thats why the only times I've been out sliding have been in a deserted parking lot and by myself. I find that at first I'm so nervous about messing up the car, getting caught, etc etc that the adrenaline doesn't let you think, and you can't even remember the things you've read and vids you've watched about how to do it. Its only once you relax that you can actually think about wtf you are doing wrong and thinking about all the little details, and like you said, start getting "technical".

I can only imagine that there being a bunch of spectators and 20+ more experienced drivers waiting in line behind you makes it so much harder to relax.

in reality what i saw was alot of people scared to actually go balls out, theres nothing to hit, theres no reason why you shouldnt go out there and go bananas. most people are stuck in "im gangsta mode" so they dont learn. im with dan completly, ive been away from the track for 6 months, i went out there with a new setup, just like it was my first time and go used to the car, my lines were ALL off and theres no excuse, but thats not to take away from the fact that i was pushing it.
i rod with one kid and i was like ""yo clutch kick here" and i then i was like "why didnt you clutch kick" and he said "i did" it was like .......o_O really?

in reality what i saw was alot of people scared to actually go balls out, theres nothing to hit, theres no reason why you shouldnt go out there and go bananas. most people are stuck in "im gangsta mode" so they dont learn. im with dan completly, ive been away from the track for 6 months, i went out there with a new setup, just like it was my first time and go used to the car, my lines were ALL off and theres no excuse, but thats not to take away from the fact that i was pushing it.
i rod with one kid and i was like ""yo clutch kick here" and i then i was like "why didnt you clutch kick" and he said "i did" it was like .......o_O really?

lol that was me,i found out why it wasnt going around when i kicked the clutch,i was steering in to much,but thanks for helping me out man :]

i went to the skidpad....madd fun looks like alot of people learning and alot of good ass drifters!!! next time i want to be in the passenger seat!!!

So i think it was established that everyone pretty much sucked a fat one n if you have to ask your probably one of them. N dan has been a lil harsh but listen to the man if you dont know what a propper line is if your not sure how to initiate or if you have no f ing idea what your doing but are determined to learn ASK QUESTIONS no one will laugh they will help and if your still to scared to ask one of the pros ask someone thats doing a bit better than you are but dont guess your way through it your wasting your time and money so ask!!!!! And as to the people in the stands they might as well not even be there so dont worry about them i cant tell you how many times ive herd them talk to thier frinds saying o i could do that or this guy suck i could do it better but then when i tell them go on the track and show us then thats when the excuses start rollin out. So noobs keep on coming just remember we not gonna ask the questions for you.

It's a huge learning curve ... everyone want to come out to drift... but not anyone can ask questions easily.. (some drivers r jus d!(ks about it) ... ask a rocket scientist how to get to the moon he'll tell you .. but you may not understand.. it's gd at the beginners sessions someone is there in the car... but you can't see ur self u don't know what u look like .. so it's harder.. pro's do it they look at their own footage all the time and it makes them better.. but being so hard on ppl just coming to have a gd time
an getting used to the car stinks!!! advance or not.. it's about biggin up an helpin the next man at that event.. ...talking bout it after the fact is jus pointless ..cause that noob next 2 u could b the next D1 champion.. :bigthumbu

It's a huge learning curve ... everyone want to come out to drift... but not anyone can ask questions easily.. (some drivers r jus d!(ks about it) ... ask a rocket scientist how to get to the moon he'll tell you .. but you may not understand.. it's gd at the beginners sessions someone is there in the car... but you can't see ur self u don't know what u look like .. so it's harder.. pro's do it they look at their own footage all the time and it makes them better.. but being so hard on ppl just coming to have a gd time
an getting used to the car stinks!!! advance or not.. it's about biggin up an helpin the next man at that event.. ...talking bout it after the fact is jus pointless ..cause that noob next 2 u could b the next D1 champion.. :bigthumbu

well put.... So what did we learn class.... swallow your pride and ask how its done! lol:D

Its a fucking skidpad, people that want to learn go to skidpads so don't expect to see the greatest shit. You wanna see world class drivers then go to Japan, Austrailia, Europe and or the fanboy state California when they host the D1, FD events there.

it is not a huge learning curve, we just have a huge stubborn curve. guys want to run before they can stand up. and ive yet to meet a driver that is a dick when asked a question. now if he rides with you 14 some odd times and you aren't listening then frustration might set in.

exactly ppl want to run befor they can stand just like MiaS13 lol and you never had a driver be a dick cuz no one wants to be a dick to the black kid lmfao.... im sorry i had to it was right there lol

Its a fucking skidpad, people that want to learn go to skidpads so don't expect to see the greatest shit. You wanna see world class drivers then go to Japan, Austrailia, Europe and or the fanboy state California when they host the D1, FD events there.

:laugh: generally people that want to learn tend to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom