Drift Sessions @ Countyline Skidpad - May 15th (Advanced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KP= D1 drifter.
monkeyslap.jpg

ouch

Last edited:
well I had a nice post, but fucking internet window froze...

I'll just say im disappointed in the attitudes of people in this thread bashing people for trying.

understandable, but you have to take into effect some people have habits/fears that are hard to overcome. i dont think ive ever given advice, and had the person be able to follow it that day the right way. some people also jut like to figure stuff out on their own, no offense to people helping.

think of it like this:
when you are told to change something, its adding something to a list of other things you already do- so its fairly simple usually

when you tell a new driver something, its adding to the list of all the new things they dont have confidence in, and dont quite know how to time, and dont want to break their only car, and dont want to look stupid, its makes it a clusterf*ck in their head and they just say, screw that- I'll do it later.

it might seem like they aren't listening but chances are they just cant mentally handle all that information at once until they get more seat time and become more subconscious about the basics.

I'm glad you're helping but don't take it personally if they don't take the advice right away. I was taught very few things but one thing I was taught, by MikeSpeed actually, I didn't even use it for 2 years, I just wasn't able to toss in an extra action I wasn't comfortable doing because I was too busy concentrating on the other aspects of my driving.

there are exceptions to this as some drivers are naturals more than others, and some kids really are douches and think they know everything or are just there to screw around and don't want to get help. I had a kid who wasn't doing well once, and when I asked about tire pressure he just laughed and joked with his friends- so I again said well lets check them, and he was just 'whatever' so I just simply left him alone at that point.

I just hate to see people bashed for 'not improving' fast enough to satisfy someone. I'd rather someone take their time and see them at 7 events in a row than try to be baller and wreck their 2nd event. We used to be psyched to see anyone drift a whole turn, now there is complaints for people not going 'balls out' their first day? Doesn't matter that there is nothing to hit either. Let them learn. Long as they are being safe, supporting the events, and having fun I'm all for it.

/Hungry.
//I want pizza.

I remember when i started i would always keep my hand on the shifter it was a habbit. Jason and Robert both kept telling me and finally i stopped an to this day i still look down and find my hand on the shifter occasionally

understandable, but you have to take into effect some people have habits/fears that are hard to overcome. i dont think ive ever given advice, and had the person be able to follow it that day the right way. some people also jut like to figure stuff out on their own, no offense to people helping.

think of it like this:
when you are told to change something, its adding something to a list of other things you already do- so its fairly simple usually

when you tell a new driver something, its adding to the list of all the new things they dont have confidence in, and dont quite know how to time, and dont want to break their only car, and dont want to look stupid, its makes it a clusterf*ck in their head and they just say, screw that- I'll do it later.

it might seem like they aren't listening but chances are they just cant mentally handle all that information at once until they get more seat time and become more subconscious about the basics.

I'm glad you're helping but don't take it personally if they don't take the advice right away. I was taught very few things but one thing I was taught, by MikeSpeed actually, I didn't even use it for 2 years, I just wasn't able to toss in an extra action I wasn't comfortable doing because I was too busy concentrating on the other aspects of my driving.

there are exceptions to this as some drivers are naturals more than others, and some kids really are douches and think they know everything or are just there to screw around and don't want to get help. I had a kid who wasn't doing well once, and when I asked about tire pressure he just laughed and joked with his friends- so I again said well lets check them, and he was just 'whatever' so I just simply left him alone at that point.

I just hate to see people bashed for 'not improving' fast enough to satisfy someone. I'd rather someone take their time and see them at 7 events in a row than try to be baller and wreck their 2nd event. We used to be psyched to see anyone drift a whole turn, now there is complaints for people not going 'balls out' their first day? Doesn't matter that there is nothing to hit either. Let them learn. Long as they are being safe, supporting the events, and having fun I'm all for it.

/Hungry.
//I want pizza.

:banhim:

I remember when i started i would always keep my hand on the shifter it was a habbit. Jason and Robert both kept telling me and finally i stopped an to this day i still look down and find my hand on the shifter occasionally

yea I feel you I sometimes look down and find my hand in my pants... :D

in simple words I notice that some people dont learn as quick as others but in Dans point... if you dont push it then u wont learn.
I see most of the people that keep doing the same thing wrong have friends on the stands looking at them, some time ur too busy trying to show off that u fuck up. and some other fear the fact of pushing the car... I dont know why cause its a skid pad free of walls... back in the day we started in 2 lane roads and off ramps and we had to push it to make it.
it seems that now that we have a place with room it has pampered some to take it easier... I dont know why, it should be the other way around.
but in the end from years of helping out friends I noticed that u may know all the ways to drift a car possible but if u cant apply them then wats the use?
I can teach people how to drift a car but not how to feel the car, I also notice that the guy who spins cause he was going to fast lears faster than the guy who try not to spin.
so in conclusion IF YOU DON'T PUSH IT YOU WONT LEARN it is easier to turn down the hardcore cause u pushed it to the limit than to fear not to go to the limit.
but fuck wat do I know... I'm just some old guy who is too technical :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom