curb'd and jacked stuff up please help

EroticA

guys i need some help please. suspension questions

well first off, i guess my brother was driving and someone cut him off causing him to spin out and smash into a curb, well atleast from what he tells me, but we all know its probably bullshit. he drove the car home because i didnt feel like paying a tow truck out the ass, plus my car is super low, so he gets the car home, and i see he cracked the rim and it points inward at the bottom making it look like it has crazy ass positive camber. i took the wheel off and saw that the LCA was bent to shit, so i replaced it, we then took it for a test drive and right down the street it started making a bad clunking sound like the wheel was about to fall off, but its not the wheel, i just put new 5zigens on the rear, and it was also wobbly.

ive included some pictures because i have taken it apart again and im noticing that the whole knuckle and everything looks as if it has shifted forward some. i need some opinions please on what the problem could still be because im not about to dish out a ton of money on parts without finding the source.

i am not a genius when it comes to suspension so please dont flame me for this, just trying to get my shit fixed.

thank you

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

the infamous control arm.

also when i put the new control arm on, i test drove the car and there was a clunking noise like the wheel was about to fall off or the axle was going crazy or something that was very noticable and sounded very unsafe, i also noticed that the new 5 zigen wheel i put on was wobbly.

please someone im just trying to get this fixed so i can start working on bigger things but i need this to be on the road first, someone please with knowledge chime in and help me out.

thanks in advance.

yea that axle looks like its done for sure. and could be the clunk.

2nd pic, that gap shouldnt be there like that. bushing is gone?? i havent messed with those arms in so long, and my car isnt here right now to go take pics for you.

check your wheel bearing also.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

yea that axle looks like its done for sure. and could be the clunk.

2nd pic, that gap shouldnt be there like that. bushing is gone?? i havent messed with those arms in so long, and my car isnt here right now to go take pics for you.

youre right that bushing looks fubar'd.

I got the traction and toe arm (factory ones) $10/each. Check the wheel bearing, the bushing in the hub looks scarred, and the axle is also done for.

yeah i ordered new adjustable traction and toe rods just to be safe. waiting on my paycheck to order new bushings.

i was getting mixed emotions about people saying the axle was jacked up becuase its a cv axle but it does seem out of wack.

i just wanted to get second opinions as to what you guys think.

i took apart all the suspension on that side besides the control arm, axle, and strut and it seems that the axle is causing it to not line up properly with the traction arm causing it to sit weird but i wanted to make sure it was just an axle and not the whole subframe being messed up.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

it is a welded diff too which is why im assuming it was making that clunking noise, it was more of a deep knocking clunk, i was driving really slow so i wasnt able to actually inspect it more thoroughly, which is why i was assuming the axle more than the bearing.

it is a welded diff too which is why im assuming it was making that clunking noise, it was more of a deep knocking clunk, i was driving really slow so i wasnt able to actually inspect it more thoroughly, which is why i was assuming the axle more than the bearing.

^Yea man you need to replace that axle and those control arms. Should be good after that.

This has been one of the very few actual helpful threads i've seen in a while! This is how it should be :bigthumbu

i agree man and i definately appreciate all the advice and help from all you guys exp boxmod too. thank you all.

i will check into some things and let you guys know how everything goes.

i cant seem to locate any replacement oem bushings for the rear knuckle, does anyone have a site or anything they can recommend me to order oem replacements? i know not many people deal in oem replacements, and that they recommend the energy poly bushings, but i really do not feel like replacing all of my bushings nor dishing out that kind of money on stupid rubber. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

I go to advance for OEM shit. And its one day shipping if they don't have it with no extra charge. Or try enjukuracing.com. they have OEM part but not sure what exactly. That's all I know

I got the traction and toe arm (factory ones) $10/each. Check the wheel bearing, the bushing in the hub looks scarred, and the axle is also done for.

if you have the whole sub frame sell it to him !! like that he wont have any more trouble !! and i have axles lmk

Take a look at ur rear subframe too, the s chase have very weak rear subframe, if u hit that hard, it's good to take a close look at the subframe, it should be around 50$ for a good used one, hit Christ Jackson up for some part, he got fair price. If u live down south in Kendal try to look for a guy name Dave he's on the forum, he's legit.hope this help, I just went through somewhat of the same problem. Good luck dude

thats the bad thing, i live in tallahassee and really do NOT feel like replacing the whole rear sub frame if that isnt the case, being the fact that all this is being done in my driveway, i dont have access to air tools, and my driveway is somewhat slopped and could get dangerous so im trying to stay away from that.

thats the bad thing, i live in tallahassee and really do NOT feel like replacing the whole rear sub frame if that isnt the case, being the fact that all this is being done in my driveway, i dont have access to air tools, and my driveway is somewhat slopped and could get dangerous so im trying to stay away from that.[/QUOTE

well good luck then

thats the bad thing, i live in tallahassee and really do NOT feel like replacing the whole rear sub frame if that isnt the case, being the fact that all this is being done in my driveway, i dont have access to air tools, and my driveway is somewhat slopped and could get dangerous so im trying to stay away from that.

I DID IT IN THE DIRT.

old car
w.jpg

new shell (donated by jen :D)
ww.jpg

lol i remember jens car at desoto drift way back when it first started. ( i was the one who made the logos and stickers for everyone if you still remember) anyway, boxmod do you know of a place to buy oem bushings from?

Back
Top Bottom