Confusion at NOPI

too many "one more times"

I think each judge should focus on a single dynamic of the Drift, Line, speed,blahblah.
mark points, addem up and blamo.

almost everyone straighend out, even goin off course.

I wasn't trying to make conclusions by what I said...just provide food for thought.

After watching the video, I still can't draw conclusions b/c I can't tell how close they were, but if blake were accellerating prior to straightening out which would have put him in the lead cars way, I'm going to have side with the judges decision. Why would anyone do that?

I wasn't trying to make conclusions by what I said...just provide food for thought.

After watching the video, I still can't draw conclusions b/c I can't tell how close they were, but if blake were accellerating prior to straightening out which would have put him in the lead cars way, I'm going to have side with the judges decision. Why would anyone do that?

blake carried way too much speed into the corner he was about 3 inchs away front bumper to front bumper. he had to straighten out or he would have wrecked both cars. He was being resonsable in my book. :bigthumbu

If Blake got DQed because he got too close to the other guy, that is a bullshit call. The most exciting part is when they get extremely close to each other, and even start to bump each other. Whatever, bad call IMO.
judges/NOPI probably does this to avoid accidents....if for 1milisecond something happens or you don't react bam there goes two $50k cars and possible injuries....cmon most of you are american and know how the "liability" thing works in this country.

it was exiting as hell and proved how superhuman of a driver this guy is, but who knows

Blake straightened out and Brian didn't, end of argument. IMO. However, does putting 2 wheels off outweigh straightening out multiple times??? :D

honestly in FD rules, 2 tires off is an automatic zero last I recall I thought NOPI was the same way. you can still straighten out and get a low score

Hay Guys,
I'm Mike Peters and I'm here to kill drifting.

Blake thing, if theres any questions after this video lmk.
Brian Wilkerson vs. Blake Fuller NOPI 08 Drifting West Palm Beach

Dirt drop thing : One tire dirt drop is totally okay. Small deduction because it shows lack of control just like being 3' off the clip point is bad, being 3' over the clip is bad as well. 2 tires = zero. If there was a wall there and you had enough momentum to put 2 tires worth into it you'd be screwed , so we score dirt accordingly.

Is dirt dropping worse than straightening out? The way we look at it is theres walls/out of bounds/FZERO circles on the edges of the track. If you go off the course thats worse than staying on course no matter what.

Bad Calls : I don't think there were any, I stand by my fellow judges calls and mine throughout the entire weekend.

Disorganization : Plenty on our part.

IS there anything that can't be fixed with better planning and staff: 110% Hell no.

I'm not going to go into detail, but we had three judges running the entire event. I'm suprised we got as much done as we did, and I'm not happy with it but stuff had to get done and I did what I felt had to be done, and throughtout the weekend the only way we could keep people inline was threatenening them with fines.. Again am I happy with this? FUCK No.

This weekend was no fun for anyone, and it was the worst organized drift event i've ever been to in my entire life. Nopi, Myself, Rob and Matt are tryign to come up with solutions to all the problems that came up, but 90% of the problems roots are stemmed in the fact that we had Three Judges running the entire drift event.

Juan, Raffi, Estie, Ryan, Jeremy did a great job representing Florida btw, and I hope to see all yall in STL. And as always if y'all need anything my phone is normally on.

Hay Guys,

Blake thing, if theres any questions after this video lmk.
Brian Wilkerson vs. Blake Fuller NOPI 08 Drifting West Palm Beach

Dirt drop thing : One tire dirt drop is totally okay. Small deduction because it shows lack of control just like being 3' off the clip point is bad, being 3' over the clip is bad as well. 2 tires = zero. If there was a wall there and you had enough momentum to put 2 tires worth into it you'd be screwed , so we score dirt accordingly.

Is dirt dropping worse than straightening out? The way we look at it is theres walls/out of bounds/FZERO circles on the edges of the track. If you go off the course thats worse than staying on course no matter what.

Bad Calls : I don't think there were any, I stand by my fellow judges calls and mine throughout the entire weekend.

IS there anything that can't be fixed with better planning and staff: 110% Hell no.

I'm not going to go into detail, but we had three judges running the entire event. I'm suprised we got as much done as we did, and I'm not happy with it but stuff had to get done and I did what I felt had to be done, and throughtout the weekend the only way we could keep people inline was threatenening them with fines.. Again am I happy with this? FUCK No.

This weekend was no fun for anyone, and it was the worst organized drift event i've ever been to in my entire life. Nopi, Myself, Rob and Matt are tryign to come up with solutions to all the problems that came up, but 90% of the problems roots are stemmed in the fact that we had Three Judges running the entire drift event.

Juan, Raffi, Estie, Ryan, Jeremy did a great job representing Florida btw, and I hope to see all yall in STL. And as always if y'all need anything my phone is normally on.

Thanks Mike for the kind words on how FL boys represented this weekend. A few questions or concerns that i have about how the event went down this past weekend. Everything was amazing as far as track layout and the judges and Nopi volunteers helping out tremendously off and on the track. Major props to that. Plus all the judges this past weekend worked their asses off the get everything done in orderly fashion.

My main concern and i noticed this when i was standing on the bed of my truck watching the rest of the day since i wasn't able to drive any more. I saw people leaving and it pissed me off. I think reason why people were leaving was because they didn't know what was going on. I think, and anyone might be able to vouch to this as well is if or when we have down time or even before the practice or qualifying starts, we needed an announcer for the entire two days. Someone should explain what drifting is all about, where it started, what the judges look for in a line, explain the correct line to take so people know what to look for. When competition starts, tell the crowd how its judged and what areas of the drivers driving will be concentrated on. All this will make the crowd realize that this isn't a cat and mouse chase.....its actually a bracket race. I had to yell to some dude that said some nasty things about the sport and I told him "Go back to Nascar"!!! I don't want to do that....i want people to learn and understand what the sport is about.

other than that, the event was a little unorganized but hey, no one is perfect....new judges, new season, new headaches!

All in all, awesome weekend....had so much fun driving with my fellow Nopi Drivers and it felt as if sportmanship this weekend was more than 100%

raffi that go back to nascar shit was priceless LMAO i think most of the crowd had never seen drifting cause they looked lost the whole time. I still can't belive how many times we got you guys to do one more times LMAO

yea the one more time sould be limited to once lol. and what happened to the announcer from last year? he wasnt so bad.

Hay Guys,

Sadly Mike, there were many bad calls thru the entire weekend... unfortunately there will be no way for me to point them all out...

and as for you threatening people with fines... you said that there was no other way? actually there was, its called communication. drivers lined up b/c thats what they thought to do... there was nobody to get them in line or even better RUN GROUPS! DRIVERS WOULD BE ASKING EVERYONE ELSE... WHAT RUN GROUP ARE YOU IN FOR PRACTICE?!

and by not placing everyone in a qualifying order on saturday was probably one of your biggest mistakes... if everyone was qualified and knew where they qualified then sunday could have been a few practice heats and then straight to eliminations. but you guys decided to reinvent the wheel and that bit you guys in the ass when the weather started to close in... that is not staffing or track issues... that is all the judges issues!

at the end of the day... i do sympathize with you guys alittle bit... b/c this was your first event and you guys had to deal with weather and the drag racing... but this doesnt mean that you had to be a dick, yelling and demanding things... if you would have just remembered that the drivers are in running vehicles with helmets on then you would understand that they cant hear or read lips.

I know your deal with nopi and it is pretty safe to say, that you arent going anywhere... so if you learned anything... just dont be a dick and dont try to reinvent the wheel... nopi drift is still in its infancy, if you want to see it last... drivers and fans are what are paying your pay check... so dont screw it up!

Fines we seriuosly almost issued/did issue but undid:

Blake Fuller - Drifting past the end of the track.

Drivers meeting we went over this COUNTLESS times, with a map. Do NOT Drift past the orange cones at the end of the track. They are the ONLY ORANGE cones on the ENTIRE track. For some reason some people had difficulty with this, and were all warned. Blake however was warned and kept doing it, so he got a $500 fine. After calling Rob Fleming and having Bill plead his case, which was he didn't know we meant the ORANGE cones and he thought we were talking about the green cones after the orange cones, even though the last cones on the track were the orange cones we just didn't have time to mess with it so we dropped the fine.

We told drivers not to do burnouts/drift on parade lap. Matt Waldin, Sammy Tiger and a couple other people got in trouble for this, and were told they'd be fined if it happened again.

There is a $150 protest fee we didn't enforce until Sunday that is in the rulebook.

We did have run groups.

We did NOT have an announcer, and that sucked a lot.

The only real incidents we had were Damian Bagley requesting 10 times that he should be allowed to bypass qualifying due to his car being broken, and even to the point of him interuppting a drivers meeting, and stating that the judges were out to get him, and said all the drivers were on his side, however when he called the drivers out not one stood up for him, and he raised a fuss over it, and Dennis Mertianez's incident where he drove onto the racetrack without permission, twice, and amazingly got punished for it, apparently too harsh as we asked him to temporarily park it, however in a meeting/recap with the track manager on Monday I was told if we ever have that happen again, call the track manager on his cell and he will personally ask them to pack it up and leave the venue never to come back...But I guess by asking him to park it until we figured out his punishment it was just too harsh on our part.

We had a lot going against us and we had a lot of issues, I'm not going to deny that, but if you have judging complaints I'll be happy to discuss it with you, like I said I stand by our calls, but I will also say there is a protest system in place for a reason, so if you're a driver complaining after the fact doesn't accomplish anything. Juan Heano used the protest system properly and knows that.

Last edited:
LMAO i still dont see why everyone gives you shit and hates you so much mike. I meet you on sunday at nopi and you seem like a cool guy. But everybody has haters LMAO

The major problem with NOPI isnt the judges. Its their rules.

Last year in Miami they changed the rules many times. And at the Nationals it wasnt any better. You would think after a full year of holding a "NOPI Drift" events they would pull their heads out of their asses and get shit together.

None of this OH lets change the rules for each event. You cant do that Have a set of rules and stick to them.

Hell most of them they took from FD.

The only thing we did that wasnt 110% rulebook (other than lacking enforcement due to lack of manpower) was (and we had drivers concent) have a pass/fail (basically as long as you dont score a 0 ) qualifying round Saturday Night. We did this to make sure the problem of Nopi Miami last year (not enough drivers with a score to make top 16) Happened and make sure all of our drivers could just get a clean run in since we didn't have 32 or more drivers and since we were required to have a qualifying session on Saturday, so we had to wing it to the best of our ability.

The only thing we did that wasnt 110% rulebook (other than lacking enforcement due to lack of manpower) was (and we had drivers concent) have a pass/fail (basically as long as you dont score a 0 ) qualifying round Saturday Night. We did this to make sure the problem of Nopi Miami last year (not enough drivers with a score to make top 16) Happened and make sure all of our drivers could just get a clean run in since we didn't have 32 or more drivers and since we were required to have a qualifying session on Saturday, so we had to wing it to the best of our ability.

Rules always get changed.:laugh:

Mike I have meet you, you have your head on your shoulders. But its the ones that run the events that really dont. I understand that they were SEVERLY understaffed for such a event.

1)Cant make everyone happy. You will always have people complain, bitch monan and complain..esp on the internet.

But like i said. Holding 3 events at 1 venue Sucks. esp at moroso with How big it is.

I know when I shot at the D1 License event it was a hike to each of the corners and to cover everything was a nightmare.

But Keep up the good work, and hope to see ya around.:bigthumbu

Last edited:
To any potential Mike haters - you now, the ones without lives that follow him from message board to message board talking about how they're all going to beat him up for unknown reasons and blah blah blah...DON'T waste your time making threats or starting crap on these boards.

Back
Top Bottom