Confusion at NOPI

Fuckin a

I wish i were there. There's a lot of mike peters hate but I have a few things to say about that.

First - of those people commenting on how mike peters is shit and blah blah blah, none of them have seen any vids or runs so its not really fair for them to talk shit.

Second - judges are always the first to get shit on

Third - people seem to love shitting on Mike

Considering my 3 points, its no wonder everyone is jumping on the "mike peters sucks" bandwagon. What sucks is that so many conclusions are being drawn with such little information and a lot of trash is being talked based on loose ends.

IDK - if mike did fuck up judging...well big shock. Most judging in FD and D1 have been shit over the years. Its a sport judged on opinions and i'm pretty sure we all know what opinions have been compared to so many times over the years (assholes for the slow). I think there's a lot of shit being talked b/c people seem to just love to hate Mike. Which is a shame too, especially if the allegations are BS. I have a funny feeling he regulated on Blake b/c nobody wanted to see the Dan Willie-esq shenanigans that took place last year. And I really hope somebody muzzles Tracy someday soon.

Fuckin a

I wish i were there. There's a lot of mike peters hate but I have a few things to say about that.

First - of those people commenting on how mike peters is shit and blah blah blah, none of them have seen any vids or runs so its not really fair for them to talk shit.

Considering my 3 points, its no wonder everyone is jumping on the "mike peters sucks" bandwagon. What sucks is that so many conclusions are being drawn with such little information and a lot of trash is being talked based on loose ends.

IDK - if mike did fuck up judging...well big shock. Most judging in FD and D1 have been shit over the years. Its a sport judged on opinions and i'm pretty sure we all know what opinions have been compared to so many times over the years (assholes for the slow). I think there's a lot of shit being talked b/c people seem to just love to hate Mike. Which is a shame too, especially if the allegations are BS. I have a funny feeling he regulated on Blake b/c nobody wanted to see the Dan Willie-esq shenanigans that took place last year. And I really hope somebody muzzles Tracy someday soon.

I meet mike at the event hes a cool dude i dont know why everyone hates him. Hes mad talented and has a good eye. I think the only mistakes made in judgment where things that the judges didn't see cause they were looking at the other car. But it happens so get over it.

Fuckin a

I for one think mike peters is awesome, and hes a great driver, when he was testing the course out no one during practice or competition got close to the line he ran or entered the drift as early as he did, the closest anyone came was jeremy lowe

I'm might not know Mike that great but I will say this, I like the guy as an off the track person so far, he was cool with me and I wouldnt mind chilling with the guy one day... heck I would buy him a drink. but I did get lots of complaints form other drivers, fans and co-workers about his disposition and judgment calls, and I personaly was part of a dispute and I did my best to follow the rules implied by Nopi about filing a dispute but it almost became an argument.
I wouldnt throw all the problems on Mike cause the entire event was poorly organized and short staffed. but I will say that Mike needs to let the other Judges do more to help him out, and from a drivers stand point, I think each judge should have a criteria that they are in charge of and then come together not all 3 judge everything the same, and last but not least I would rush things do to lack of time cause that why we had more delays... take time to organized things.

I'm might not know Mike that great but I will say this, I like the guy as an off the track person so far, he was cool with me and I wouldnt mind chilling with the guy one day... heck I would buy him a drink. but I did get lots of complaints form other drivers, fans and co-workers about his disposition and judgment calls, and I personaly was part of a dispute and I did my best to follow the rules implied by Nopi about filing a dispute but it almost became an argument.
I wouldnt throw all the problems on Mike cause the entire event was poorly organized and short staffed. but I will say that Mike needs to let the other Judges do more to help him out, and from a drivers stand point, I think each judge should have a criteria that they are in charge of and then come together not all 3 judge everything the same, and last but not least I would rush things do to lack of time cause that why we had more delays... take time to organized things.

Well said Juan, I couldn't have put it in better terms myself!

I for one think mike peters is awesome, and hes a great driver, when he was testing the course out no one during practice or competition got close to the line he ran or entered the drift as early as he did, the closest anyone came was jeremy lowe

i dont know about the whole early entry thing estie , ryan, blake, and jeromey where hitting some crazy entries ryan had one where he started from the 70mph cones in a miata. :eek: J. Lowe and estie were lockin entries from there all day.

The major problem with NOPI isnt the judges. Its their rules.

Last year in Miami they changed the rules many times. And at the Nationals it wasnt any better. You would think after a full year of holding a "NOPI Drift" events they would pull their heads out of their asses and get shit together.

None of this OH lets change the rules for each event. You cant do that Have a set of rules and stick to them.

Hell most of them they took from FD.

If Blake got DQed because he got too close to the other guy, that is a bullshit call. The most exciting part is when they get extremely close to each other, and even start to bump each other. Whatever, bad call IMO.

blake almost passed him mid drift on the first corner they were litlerally like 3 inches apart there may have even been contact. he got dq for straighting out not getting too close. He got too close and had to loose the drift and strighten out to avoid a serious crash.

blake almost passed him mid drift on the first corner they were litlerally like 3 inches apart there may have even been contact. he got dq for straighting out not getting too close. He got too close and had to loose the drift and strighten out to avoid a serious crash.

ok well heres the deal i THINK! one how did the other driver do? the one in front? did he str8ten out? now getting close to some one in a tandem is awsome! but is str8ten out in the run is it worst?

hmmm from the video i can notice that blake str8ten out b4 brian switched. IMOnow the video doesnt show how close blake was to brian.

Edit from 0:04-0:06 blake str8ts out and brian is still sidewayz...

^na we were sitting right where it happened on raffis truck he straignted out when it was his turn to fallow. and his turn to lead if i remember correctly he droped two tires but then again so did brian so i think the outcome was fair cause brian held a good line on his turn to lead.

Back
Top Bottom