Centrifugal supercharger

As for boost damaging your engine, that's just not true at all are you crazy name one person you know that has a car thats running boost for more than 5 years and it cant be a motor that came boosting from factory

auroras13 said:
As for boost damaging your engine, that's just not true at all are you crazy name one person you know that has a car thats running boost for more than 5 years and it cant be a motor that came boosting from factory

why cant it be a motor that came boost from factory?

i know people running b16s on 14psi for 6yrs and still on the same motor

factory turbo motors have a team of little chinees guys tunning and doing math for years im talking about somthing you put your self with out upgrading internal a super charger is better for your motor and you motor will last longer than withn a turbo running the same boost and in my opinion its more reliable performance is another story

dori has turned me into a hard core super charger fan lol im not even that fond of ither of them id rather go all motor

Ok. This is a stupid arguement. Boost = heat. Plain and simple. There are advantages to both superchargers and turbos. Superchargers are limited to the engine's RPM, but response is instant. The larger turbos lag quite a bit, but horsepower is almost unlimited with a turbo. Both are great. Whatever, N/A ftw.

auroras13 said:

Um, why can't it be boosted for the factory?

Oh and I can't name one person that's owned any car for more than 5 years. haha

auroras13 said:
factory turbo motors have a team of little chinees guys tunning and doing math for years im talking about somthing you put your self with out upgrading internal a super charger is better for your motor and you motor will last longer than withn a turbo running the same boost and in my opinion its more reliable performance is another story

dori has turned me into a hard core super charger fan lol im not even that fond of ither of them id rather go all motor

How will a motor last longer with a supercharger than with a turbo?

And again, I never even bashed superchargers nor did I ever say one is better than the other. If you're a hard core fan now, cool I guess.

auroras13 said:

Not for 5 years, but Rick has had his car boosted for a long ass time and his compression numbers are still the same. Tuning will give you a reliable car you know.

rwdrift said:
Not for 5 years, but Rick has had his car boosted for a long ass time and his compression numbers are still the same. Tuning will give you a reliable car you know.

+2

My SR's been boosting more psi than factory for 3 years now. HARD driving. I'm pushing almost 400whp now. Tuning + 4

and as it turn into a ka vs sr thread.....it shall be locked.....SO STOP ARGUEing

m4nfred said:
and as it turn into a ka vs sr thread.....it shall be locked.....SO STOP ARGUEing

Nobody's argueing KA vs SR d00d. I think all he's saying is that a factory boosted car with a bad tune will be unreliable and that tuning is what makes an engine last. SR could have been replaced with 2jz, ej20, rb26dett, ect.
:bigthumbu

Back
Top Bottom