Centrifugal supercharger

auroras13

i have to mutch free time so ill just throw some ideas out their lol this is basically for whom ever is thinking if supercharging there car or turboing it i bet most people dont take the Centrifugal supercharger into consideration its like a turbo without the heat and they are even coming out with one that has NO LAGG! yes you herd right clik on the last link

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?id=21
040802a.jpg

http://www.fastcar.co.uk/New_supercharger_really_shifts.YTW4rnJoa2rmWw.html

Compressing air makes it hotter - supercharger or turbocharger.

The transmission on a sc idea is cool though - I've never seen that before.

yeah but the turbo charger is driven buy exhaust gasses it runs way hotter witch means that the air it compresses is way hotter than wut any super charger dose may it be roots or centrifugal

Exhaust gasses turn the turbine wheel which in turn spins the impeller wheel on the compressor side. There's no sharing of heat energy or gasses in a turbo.

Last edited:
Negligible. lol i get you tho and another good thing that i noticed is that some are internally belt driven witch meens no lube and the belt lasts 50,000 miles low matinance not to mention avoiding one mission with routing oil lines

auroras13 said:
everything is metal that is enuf to heat up the impeller and the housing

very tru the 2 housings are only inches away from each outher enough to heat up the air flowin through :bigthumbu

a intercooler can only do so mutch ohh and you can also put a intercooler on a supercharger and it would run even cooler than a turbo so intercooled or not intercooled a super charger of any kind will run cooler than turbo

well they make heat wrap to keep heat away from stuff you know. but supercharger is cool though if you are rich. turbo has much more possibilities and frienlier aftermarket available and not to mention you get a cool PSH! noise instead of a loose alternator belt sound

Pseudo-science FTL. You're taking this heat thing out of proportion. Robbing an engine of power to make power is far worse. Compressing air makes it hot, there's no getting around it and it is the #1 reason for intercoolers - supercharged or turbod, period.

auroras13 said:
thats a good point but super chargers are also nicer to your internals because they only work under load or wot

Huh? That's the same for a turbo buddy. Quit plagiarizing/butchering the superchargersonline.com article.

diddo to that

im just suggesting somthing if it make you feel better inside to turnthis into an argument well go tick fot tat all day this is an argument thats been going on for 20 years and for your info its not the same for turbos cheak your facts there must be a typo turbos run at high rpms and super chargers run at low witch takes it easyer on you internals

auroras13 said:
and for your info its not the same for turbos cheak your facts there must be a typo turbos run at high rpms and super chargers run at low witch takes it easyer on you internals

No, you said this:

auroras13 said:
super chargers are also nicer to your internals because they only work under load or wot

Which is exactly true for turbos too. A turbocharger is only going to provide boost under load (under normal circumstances). If you knew how a turbocharger worked, you'd understand why.

i do understand how a turbo works and if you know anything at all you wouldent make yourself sound so ignorant bottom line superchargers run cooler and they are less harmfull on your enjin

Back
Top Bottom