broken stud removal

o fuck that sucks soak them use a torch heat them red hot and try a punch to turn them if not drill then ezout and torch it sucks but gotta do it or buy hubs which arent cheap if you bring me the hub il get them out

i only got one left. i used a good tap and die set to get the 4 out of the 5 out.

add material on it buy welding over it, enough to grab with a set of pliers or weld a nut an remove it, not that hard. thats probably ur best bet.

wtf panch? all you do is take the brake caliper off, brake rotor, shit load of pb blast the bolt tahts broken, and slam that shit a few times with a hammer. should fly right out. then get the new stud, put it in the hub, and use a open end lug nut and tighten it into the hub. put everything back and there you go.

wtf panch? all you do is take the brake caliper off, brake rotor, shit load of pb blast the bolt tahts broken, and slam that shit a few times with a hammer. should fly right out. then get the new stud, put it in the hub, and use a open end lug nut and tighten it into the hub. put everything back and there you go.

I hope most poeple would know how to do that... but its a BMW not standard lug nuts

they have all been fixed except for 1 that was a real mission to take out especially in the pouring ass rain

(hand on my forehead nodding my head side to side)

pancho have you tried a left hand drill bit i used that to remove broken exhuast studs from my head they just spin right out. but they arnt cheap i think the one i got was like $23 but it worked when a easy out wouldnt.

I got all of them out except for one. now that the car is driveable ill take it to a wheel shop to extract the last stud.

I know the studs are not on the hub, but for future reference can you slap some anti-seize on them so you don't have this issue in the future. even though the studs are going into the hub it should still work the same way no? if so lube em up mate.

I know the studs are not on the hub, but for future reference can you slap some anti-seize on them so you don't have this issue in the future. even though the studs are going into the hub it should still work the same way no? if so lube em up mate.

Note that OEM torque specs to wheel studs/lug nuts and other components do not put into consideration the use of anti-seize. Using this stuff changes the torque specs due the change in the axial load of the torque wrench to the bolt/stud.

Just saying... if you use anti-seize, dont use an impact gun on em. Torque em down with a proper torque wrench NOT exceeding oem specs (which is between 75-90ft/lbs on 98% of the cars out there)

Back
Top Bottom