broken stud removal

Pancho

spit in my mouth
Staff member
can anyone here remove some broken studs from the hub for me?

Last edited:
i guess im buying new hubs. fuck me

i just did mine one on each hub all the way around, i didnt even have to heat it or anything i just sprayed a little rust penetrator on there and maybe like 2 or 3 hits from a small sledge hammer and it was out..i could meet you and bring the sledge hammer but i wouldnt be too comfortable banging your m5 =D so you can do it on your own

i just did mine one on each hub all the way around, i didnt even have to heat it or anything i just sprayed a little rust penetrator on there and maybe like 2 or 3 hits from a small sledge hammer and it was out..i could meet you and bring the sledge hammer but i wouldnt be too comfortable banging your m5 =D so you can do it on your own

i have a sledge hammer. BMW studs are different from nissans so its not that simple.

i just saw your chat thing, i got a compresser with some air tools if you wanna bring it by you can try...just trying to lend a hand

^exactly, they dont use hammer out studs and lug nuts. the hubs are threaded and you use lug studs (theyre like bolts) and they thread directly into the hub.

I'd replace the hub. If it snapped it's cause it was cross threaded anyway. You'd have to drill out the old one and tap the hub for a replacement. Safer to buy a hub.

plus one for keyssr hes good at that shit. have him take out my broken bolts and what nots all the time

plus one for keyssr hes good at that shit. have him take out my broken bolts and what nots all the time

on one hub i have 4 broken studs... i cant even put the tire back on with only one stud..

ok now is this on the front or rear?

and next time use a air gun and its a least greater risk of snaping them

ok now is this on the front or rear?

and next time use a air gun and its a least greater risk of snaping them

its the rear

whats an air gun?

pic for everyone to see what im working with.
2010-02-0508_10_37.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom