auto technician program feedback. i need some help

I just graduated from FAU in December and i got my B.S. in Biology. Its a good career but its so broad that you almost have to get a masters or specialize in something.

So i graduated after almost 5 yrs....(alot of time was wasted playing with cars instead of studying) and i hated every minute of it....play with cars later education first. Dont procrastinate.

Just cause you love cars doesnt mean your gonna wanna do it as a living..plus if you wanna do custom stuff then most shops just require you to be good, not really certified etc...( my buddy works for a high end shop down here and his day job is at publix...but he can do swaps and weld and all that really well so he works there on weekends/after work)

Unless you get specialized, a 4 year degree just help you land a job.( my current job took me simply because i was the only one of 9 applicants which had a college education)

then again many gov. jobs require you to have a 4 year degree just to apply. some cops, fbi, dea.etc.

I can talk for hours about this topic...anyways do something you will enjoy...its no use getting tons of money if you hate going to work.

mech eng> mechanic...oil changes/brake jobs the rest of your life?

dont just think of the near future...do you really want to be 50 working on cars with backaches,dirty hands,cuts etc.

Yea, all I can say is I wouldn't just go ahead and jump into Mechanical Engineering because you feel like there is nothing else for you to do.

Shits rigorous son.

Back
Top Bottom