Apple MacBook Air. Worlds Thinnest Laptop Ever!!!! Omg Sexy.

Talk about no point - macs are already not that fast and being so small means less cooling possibilities (are there any fans at all?) and a smaller battery which means even slower running machines. Macs are the most aesthetically pleasing computers around, bar none. Their OS is definitely more desirable than Vista. Its the prices, hardware, and most of all, their lack of a right mouse click that make me a PC user. Oh and minor OS updates cost $100+ each!?!

Where do you get the not so fast answer from?????

Macs are the fastest machines out right. The quad duo chips can't be beat by anything???

Talk about no point - macs are already not that fast and being so small means less cooling possibilities (are there any fans at all?) and a smaller battery which means even slower running machines. Macs are the most aesthetically pleasing computers around, bar none. Their OS is definitely more desirable than Vista. Its the prices, hardware, and most of all, their lack of a right mouse click that make me a PC user. Oh and minor OS updates cost $100+ each!?!

I can right click on my Mac! Mighty Mouse baby!

PC users don't regularly build server level computers to run tests. Dual quad core xenons with 16gb of ram and shit? Yeah and like $10k. I'm talking personal computers. As far as maximum level servers...dual quads is not the pinnacle in the server world either.

I can right click on my Mac! Mighty Mouse baby!

I know you can change the mouse. But WHY doesn't apple just sell the damn things w/ 2 buttons!? :(

Last edited:
I know you can change the mouse. But WHY doesn't apple just sell the damn things w/ 2 buttons!? :(

Because its not Needed. Option button 4 life yo!

Just like we don't need a system that crashes all the time. Silly PC Guy.

No i agree (except with the mouse part haha). Vista is shit and the OSx cracks for PCs are giving me boners.

silly rabbit.... Trix are for KIDS!

just go get a mighty mouse and even tho it doesnt have "buttons" on it... if you click on the right side of the mouse... it brings up the options screen... also the ability to hide screens and show your desktop with the other 2 buttons is FANTASTIC!!!!!

Yet another fail product from Apple, sure it may look nice, after a few months your battery will bulge, the hinge will break, or the logic board will go bad. If you want thin buy an IBM TZ series--Or grow your e-penis with an HTC Advantage

now i dont know about the cost of updates.. thats pretty retarded.... but as for the battery aggrument that you made... shame on you ninja... the battery technolgy is unreal now-a-days. im am sure that its some kinda of li-po battery or who knows maybe something new and more explosive (li-po issue) haha

now i dont know about the cost of updates.. thats pretty retarded.... but as for the battery aggrument that you made... shame on you ninja... the battery technolgy is unreal now-a-days. im am sure that its some kinda of li-po battery or who knows maybe something new and more explosive (li-po issue) haha

yes this "unreal battery technolgy" is so unreal on the Macbook AIR that the battery isn't user-serviceable. So when I use it everyday and the battery goes to shit...holding a charge merely an hour you get to pay out the ass to replacement--iPod battery replacement is $65.95, so my estimate with "Apple Tax" will be $659.50 to replace an AIR's battery.

yes this "unreal battery technolgy" is so unreal on the Macbook AIR that the battery isn't user-serviceable. So when I use it everyday and the battery goes to shit...holding a charge merely an hour you get to pay out the ass to replacement--iPod battery replacement is $65.95, so my estimate with "Apple Tax" will be $659.50 to replace an AIR's battery.

The battery is just $129 and they'll install it for free.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/15/macbook-air-battery-replacements-129-free-install/

Yeah apple sucks with that stuff. They rarely take loyal customers into consideration and the same goes for maintenance. Good batt technology or not, it won't put out the juice a larger one will. And like I said, with no fans (at least I don't see how any are possible in that thing) it will run slow. To get an idea, do some speed tests with your laptop plugged in and one unplugged.

anyone who knows me knows my macbook is on 24HOURS A DAY im on it soooooooo much like i mean monthssss at a time it will stay on.

i had heard of a recall on the battery. so one day my battery couldnt hold a charge i went to the apple store they gave me a new one free of charge in like 45min so idk wtf ure talkin about andddddddd my shit was past warantee

We're talking about the MacBook Air specifically. Recalls are always exceptions to a warranty btw.

I like it, but Id want a way to plug stuff in at least via usb and not depend on wifi

Yeah but recalled parts don't fall under that category and Apple rarely does seem to care about what you have, when you bought it, ect. Just ask anyone who bought any of the new macs just 2 months before Leopard came out - free upgrade? Fat chance. Or the iPhone...$600 upon release, 2 months later the prices dropped to $400. Their marketing strategies have landed them in the shadow of the PC world in the past and with these kinds of decisions still happening, I won't be surprised if their newfound success is short lived.

i honestly think that the air is impractical for what i do with my hp. yet the idea that MB's are basically impeccable with viruses (since most trojans horses, worms, viruses and the such are mostly programmed to PC users since PC has such a larger distribution than MB) makes me kinda wanna get one. besides my laptop does what i need it to do. im happy with it. i dont need another bill thanks.

Yeah but recalled parts don't fall under that category and Apple rarely does seem to care about what you have, when you bought it, ect. Just ask anyone who bought any of the new macs just 2 months before Leopard came out - free upgrade? Fat chance. Or the iPhone...$600 upon release, 2 months later the prices dropped to $400. Their marketing strategies have landed them in the shadow of the PC world in the past and with these kinds of decisions still happening, I won't be surprised if their newfound success is short lived.

No free upgrade for those who bought Mac's 2 months before Leopard came out = Gheyness. Neither did they offer a significant student discount like they did with previous versions. But luckily z4k hooked it up with his Leopard disc. :bigthumbu

For the iPhone issue, they offered a $100 store credit for the early adopters. Most people were happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom