Affirmative action for hurricanes

Man, i hear people bitch about latin americans not adapting b/c some choose to continue to speak their native language or whatever.

Well at least they had brains enough to realize that is not the native tongue of americans and if they wanted to continue to maintain their culture and speak their own language, they needed their own outlet.

Maybe African Americans who share this mindset (of this woman) should stop wasting time bitching and instead, start their own local broadcasting stations with their own news reporters speaking in Ebonics or street slang or whatever else they need to do in order to get important messages like these across to their people.

That's my take anyway.

Either way...its easy to publicly broadcast - even if they just bought time slots from someone like sun network

How can that lady say some $hit like that, is sounds so wrong on so many different levels. On another note if shes so worried about it, she can carry her @ss to Louisana and voice her opinion there.

And Katrina is'nt an african america name?!?!?!

Last edited:
how can anyone cast there opinion on a situation they had no part of. or part of understanding, you people prolly still think its the hurricane that did all the damage, and not the actual levees themselves that were compromised... huh. the lady made an ignorant comment but not as ignorant as the ones made here on this thread. im righteously offended for someone to say someone else deserves to die, for lack of resources, im pretty sure if that were you in the same position...yeah...kinda like hurricane andrews... and there are , excuse me, were public broadasts of educated people of my kind that was taken off the air because, those in control of shit (you know), doesn't want people to be mindful about. and when i listen to those stations, these same misfortunate people (ebonic speaking, but very educated) are the ones listening and lamenting about what actually goes on around them. but i guess its the trend around here. talk about the shit that goes on in my neighborhood from your neighborhood ...i guess the should invent a ghetto weather channel... shut the fuck up

So your in the boat that Kanye West is blame the whole situation on Bush because the people there were dumb enough to stay in a hurricane bigger than the entire state. Lets go ahead and call it oppression, but then after the face of katrina. That gives them the right to shoot at cops and the National Guard ransack business' and mug people? That's the problem today with the crime rate, instead of recieving help they go ahead and drive the help out then blame it on everyone else but themselves. I agree the people deserved to die part is fucked up but don't go along saying that it was a conspiracy against race because that's bullshit

So your in the boat that Kanye West is blame the whole situation on Bush because the people there were dumb enough to stay in a hurricane bigger than the entire state. Lets go ahead and call it oppression, but then after the face of katrina. That gives them the right to shoot at cops and the National Guard ransack business' and mug people? That's the problem today with the crime rate, instead of recieving help they go ahead and drive the help out then blame it on everyone else but themselves. I agree the people deserved to die part is fucked up but don't go along saying that it was a conspiracy against race because that's bullshit

i nevr said shit like that, how can a hurricane be a conspiracy,. i dont agree with the lady who made the report either, and what kanye said was bush doesn't care about black people (which he doesn't) but that has nothing to do with katrina, that was just on the verge of katrina. the fact that people died from a hurricane because they didn't or couldn;t leave is sad, but then to say once they were washed out that all they wanted to do was find dry land and food, (not condoning crime or anything) and then document thats all black people do is such a conspiracy. they didn't show you how many crackers(and not everyone is a cracker dont get offended) were toting their guns at black people telling them to find they way back not aiding whatsoever. all they wanted was dry land. the police made sure they guarded the countlines so "refugees'' couldn't save themselves. REFUGEES!! the people lived their and not only black people but white people too, that were stranded that went through the same shit. but they didn't show when they were breaking glass and looting and finding food for their family, no only black people commit crimes when in desperation. when white people do it its survival when black people do it, its their nature. thats what pisses me off.

That racism is never going to die as long as there is ignorant people in the world. I wasnt saying the hurricane was a conspiracy but I'm saying the entire line of events. Bush may not care for black people but thats his perrogative(granted it isn't right but that's his right to freedom of belief). Being white I don't agree with everyone looking at the caucasian race and relating us to racism, why doesnt anyone recognize the other groups that portray racism. The white plantation owners in the past that felt like beating and starving their African American workers set a bad example for caucasian...but that doesn't mean that we are all racist(not implying that you believe that) but everyone race has been oppressed and hated against.

But this is way off topic....sorry for rambling

and there are , excuse me, were public broadasts of educated people of my kind that was taken off the air because, those in control of shit (you know), doesn't want people to be mindful about. and when i listen to those stations, these same misfortunate people (ebonic speaking, but very educated) are the ones listening and lamenting about what actually goes on around them.

Elaborate please, with proof b/c I have no idea wtf you're talking about.

i nevr said shit like that, how can a hurricane be a conspiracy,. i dont agree with the lady who made the report either, and what kanye said was bush doesn't care about black people (which he doesn't) but that has nothing to do with katrina, that was just on the verge of katrina. the fact that people died from a hurricane because they didn't or couldn;t leave is sad, but then to say once they were washed out that all they wanted to do was find dry land and food, (not condoning crime or anything) and then document thats all black people do is such a conspiracy. they didn't show you how many crackers(and not everyone is a cracker dont get offended) were toting their guns at black people telling them to find they way back not aiding whatsoever. all they wanted was dry land. the police made sure they guarded the countlines so "refugees'' couldn't save themselves. REFUGEES!! the people lived their and not only black people but white people too, that were stranded that went through the same shit. but they didn't show when they were breaking glass and looting and finding food for their family, no only black people commit crimes when in desperation. when white people do it its survival when black people do it, its their nature. thats what pisses me off.

How is this true at all? I've never heard of police turning anyone back to flooded areas - how could they anyway? On top of that, look up the word refugee before you get offended by its usage. You're just looking to get upset with something if you are offended by that word being used in the context it was.

Here I'll do it for you; an exile who flees for safety

REFUGEE z0mg it fits perfectly. :rolleyes: Come on - a huge percent of those "refugees" weren't even black.

You want to compare and contrast races in that situation, do some research. 49% of people who died in New Orleans as a result of Katrina were black. Considering that the population of New Orleans, according to New Orleans population statistics, was approximately 60% black, I fail to see any correlation.

Last edited:
How is this true at all? I've never heard of police turning anyone back to flooded areas - how could they anyway? On top of that, look up the word refugee before you get offended by its usage. You're just looking to get upset with something if you are offended by that word being used in the context it was.

I don't think he was talking about the authorities, or rescue. I think he meant people that were also stranded in Louisiana.

My step-dad was telling me like a week before the hurricane even hit that New Orleans was gonna get fucked up hardcore. I swear to god he has powers or something because he can predict almost anything. I remember one time we went to Calder for the Breeder's cup and he kept getting all the horses right in the trifecta but not in the right order for the exacta. If he wasnt so cocky we'd probably be rolling in cash :p

She would also like the weather reports to be broadcast in 'language' that street people can understand because one of the problems that happened in New Orleans was, that black people couldn't understand the seriousness of the situation, due to the racially biased language of the weather report.

That's such a poor fucking excuse. New Orleans is BELOW the god damn sea level. What the fuck would motivate someone to stay in the path of this?!?!!

Hurricane_Katrina_August_28_2005_NASA.jpg

I didnt resize it because people need to realize how big the damn hurricane was!

ok i have to say this. If you choose to stay in your home full well knowing that your shit sits below sea level then i am sorry but you get whats coming to you.... black, white, spanish, asia, i dont give a fuck what your are i dont discriminate i hate all people the same. dont try to play that black card i hate that shit. there will never be an end to rascisim if EVERYONE!!!!! doesnt stop it, that includes black people making jokes of "crackers" why is it ok one way and not the other, never mind the fact that this whole oppression thing is so lame. you cant blame someone in the present for what happen in the past, way far past at that too. anyways back to the hurricane thing which was totaly rediculous. you didnt see people here in punta gorda and that area frecking crying up a storm when charlie came through and completly wiped this bitch clean out. they got together and rebuilt and that was that. ALSO!!!!!! can you please explain and justify why in new orleans they where stealing flat screen tvs and shit like that to "survive"??? i can see food and water cause yea there was no one there that could imediatly do it and its understandable. ALSO lets not forget the moron mayor that told people to stay in New Orleans till the very end when nothing could be done, and why hasnt he been catching some big shit for that.... cause he's black...so its ok.. but lets talk shit about our fema director at the time who is white and he may have made mistakes but did what best he could do, but was forced to resigne cause the people of new orleans, who let me remind you are at fault for staying, started so much shit. im so sick of this racism in this world its ridiculous. i look at people as equals not black white purple blue yellow nothing, dont give up your background and your roots and what it is to be who you are, but dont hate on someone else cause they are different. if we want to change this world it needs to start somewhere but i dont see it happening anytime soon.

ok i have to say this. If you choose to stay in your home full well knowing that your shit sits below sea level then i am sorry but you get whats coming to you.... black, white, spanish, asia, i dont give a fuck what your are i dont discriminate i hate all people the same. dont try to play that black card i hate that shit. there will never be an end to rascisim if EVERYONE!!!!! doesnt stop it, that includes black people making jokes of "crackers" why is it ok one way and not the other, never mind the fact that this whole oppression thing is so lame. you cant blame someone in the present for what happen in the past, way far past at that too. anyways back to the hurricane thing which was totaly rediculous. you didnt see people here in punta gorda and that area frecking crying up a storm when charlie came through and completly wiped this bitch clean out. they got together and rebuilt and that was that. ALSO!!!!!! can you please explain and justify why in new orleans they where stealing flat screen tvs and shit like that to "survive"??? i can see food and water cause yea there was no one there that could imediatly do it and its understandable. ALSO lets not forget the moron mayor that told people to stay in New Orleans till the very end when nothing could be done, and why hasnt he been catching some big shit for that.... cause he's black...so its ok.. but lets talk shit about our fema director at the time who is white and he may have made mistakes but did what best he could do, but was forced to resigne cause the people of new orleans, who let me remind you are at fault for staying, started so much shit. im so sick of this racism in this world its ridiculous. i look at people as equals not black white purple blue yellow nothing, dont give up your background and your roots and what it is to be who you are, but dont hate on someone else cause they are different. if we want to change this world it needs to start somewhere but i dont see it happening anytime soon.

I agree. If I ever said I would straight up break a window, it was to retrieve some food/water. Why would I steal a big screen plasma TV when I don't even have a house? Or electricity at that, and the TV is probably ruined due to water damage. About the only electronic device I would steal would be like a phone, radio, or flashlights which would aid in my rescue or survival.
About Racism, until all ignorance and biased opinions end, it will never end.

I know this is off topic, but i just want to add it... There was this one dark skinned dominican kid who used to call me "white-boy" when I met him and for like a week I let him get away with him until he remembered my name, but after that I began to call him "black-boy" until he got offended and literally almost fought me... So after that i asked him why it was OK for him to call me white-boy because of my skin color and why he wanted to fight me for doing the same thing? I don''t know about you, but that isn't ok in my book... In my opinion, discrimination and prejudice among races has many different shapes, forms, and sizes and will forever be inextricably linked to the lives of the people ignorant enough to not see we are all human and the people linked to the ignorant...

id like to answer all those who stated something about what i stated w/o multiquoting

alo
i'd never support anyones ignorant actions, to steal a plasma tv was hilarious imo, cuz just like you said what the fuck would he use it for. but they didn't show when the residents were stealing food and trying to find shelter, all they could possibly show you for those thirty seconds was some black guy stealing a tv, (maybe he thought he could sell it later idk, but thats the image they love to portray us as). and it made you believe it no. and that dominican kid was ignorant but to stoop to someone else level, wasn'tt gonna make the situation better, what if you called him something he wasn't ready to here, he prolly would've done you harm for real.

yeah plantation owners were cruel and shit, and yea everyone needs to get over it but it can't happen until there is some resitution. You can easily say you weren't at fault for you ancestors receiving free labor to establish the billion dollar co. you see today, but then you can live off the fat of my ancestors work and then bash me conditions that i am being raised in or coming out of. i dont bring it up. i work hard, and i have to work twice as hard to be in a position you may be, and you know that. if it weren't true, then we'd be on our 5th black president (maybe) cuz i know people of that time who would've been more worthy adversaries for candadicies (but being a good person doesn't get you into the white house)

but then again, after interviews on spike lee documentary when the levee's broke, it mentioned that police and the natives of the other counties weren't allowing the residents displaced by katrina entrance into their city. watch it. actual residents, and surprising there goes the white people in the video tape you didn't know was displaced. its not about race, its about people (racism was created by a caucasian)

Tonymac
Michael Eric Dyson had a show on 1080am (funded by him, oh yea i listen to talk radio NPR ftw!!!) but was shut down
i made the statement that both white and black people were affected by katrina but all they showed on television was who?

flip3d, tru that was a big ass mutha fugger

Devilman
i love all people, i have a good time with all nationalities, and i try not to prejudge anyone and you can ask anyone that may know me, but when some people offend me and it keeps happening among people i just meet, i have a preset idea about all peopl = prejudice, but i give everyone the benefit of the doubt cuz i haven't met all people yet) when people tote nooses on their cars (will remain nameless) and make jokes about niggas when they think im not paying attention that makes me shy away from most people and the people they associate with cuz one they are in their domain not mine. but its kinda funny how words like "spic," "chink," "kite," "nigger(any variation of it)," (all invented by some racist white supremist) and nigga being used on here mostly, but when someone brings up "cracker" all of a sudden the double standard card is pulled. tell me im wrong, search it. i get warnings but i never report anyone who uses words to offend another nationality, and i dont really care. i know the deal. the mayor is at fault but so is the association that taxpayers sends money to for federal emergency relief. whoever ran it.

i had a lot more written but it was deleted.
i didn't watch the video nor will i.
there doesn't need to be an urban weather channel, thats just stupid, i think there should be equality.
and me living on this side of the spectrum i've seen and experienced what you can only talk about, but i also received education from your spectrum and i see where the discrimination lies in opportunity but also where personal responsibility comes to play, you guys make it seem like there is something wrong with the entire race somehow.

im totally tense and was pissed off earlier this morning but now im gonna go smoke some earff, and chill have a good evenin

Back
Top Bottom