300zx?

^i use to drift a 04 mustang i never had a problem sliden it maybe you just dont know how to properly transfer weight cause it differs by car, power, suspension, road condition, tires, and driver. I can pretty much slide anything thats rwd cause im use to having to shift the weight in my supra to get sideways. If you got questions on techniques and what not feel free to pm me.

^i use to drift a 04 mustang i never had a problem sliden it maybe you just dont know how to properly transfer weight cause it differs by car, power, suspension, road condition, tires, and driver. I can pretty much slide anything thats rwd cause im use to having to shift the weight in my supra to get sideways. If you got questions on techniques and what not feel free to pm me.

Well, it's a stock v6 coupe with the original stock suspension.
I mean, I CAN get it sideways, but usually I don't due to restrictions on space and... the "law".
I've gotten enough tickets.
Also, I'm not sure how much drifting truly effects tires. I had a friend who got an MR2 and had to buy new wheels like once every two weeks 'cause he drifted a lot. Not sure how much he really drifted, or how good the tires are, but yeah... it's my DD, so I wanna keep tire wear to a minimal. :bigthumbu

But, if you go to Counyline on the 8th I'm gunna be there. Maybe you can give me some pointers there ;)
[Sorry, I'm gunna reference Countyline 20 times... I just found it out and I'm stoked.]

lowball them then work your way up, no sense offering 500 when they will go for 200.

start at 2 and work ur way up, tell them it will get the car out of the yard and its going to need a tranny

GL

lowball them then work your way up, no sense offering 500 when they will go for 200.

start at 2 and work ur way up, tell them it will get the car out of the yard and its going to need a tranny

GL

Haha, dude. I guess I didn't explain it well enough. This guy isn't an idiot, and it's not his car. I think he's just doing it as a favor. You can't just sell your friend's car that's been sitting in your lawn. He's driven it before and probably starts it once in a while. And even if not, he's gunna ask his friend first.

I'm definitely gunna try to lowball and go up. But, I'm just tryin' to see if it's a good idea to start low like that.

The cars has got more than $500 in parts on it. So if you could end up settling on that it would be a steal, $600-800 still getting an alright deal. Anything after that you would have the money into that it is probably worth.

The cars has got more than $500 in parts on it. So if you could end up settling on that it would be a steal, $600-800 still getting an alright deal. Anything after that you would have the money into that it is probably worth.

How do you know it has more than $500 in parts on it? >_>

Are you talking about the spoiler/bumper?

brakes alone on that car are worth a pretty penny+rims,the tranny(depending whats wrong) the diff. the car could be great 4 parts if ya want to do it that way. on another note it is a nice car not to part out.

like ripracer said if u can get it for 500 or as close to its a great deal

Last edited:
Yeah I just tend to look at cars in a manner of what could I part this thing out for. It help with deciding what type of offer I will give someone for a vehicle. Like stated brakes, diff, wheels, would put you over $500.

A nice little update on the car,

I went over to see if the guy who's usually outside was there, but he wasn't. I didn't want to knock on the door because a sweet old lady lives there and I didn't want to interrupt her. I left a note basically saying that I'm Scott from next door and I was interested in the car, and was wondering if they would sell it. I left my number and the old lady called me. She informed me her son [the one who's usually outside] got locked up for a crime he did in California a few months back, which is why he and his wife moved back into her house. Then she said that the car belonged to this guy... I forget his name, but that's irrelevant. He was my neighbor, as I stated before. She said she sees him once or twice a week, and said that she's gunna try to get him to GIVE IT TO ME. She said I was a sweet kid, and that I'm a good person. She also said, "It's a really nice car, I think you should have it. It's just in my front yard deteriorating! If you won't use it, you can at least sell it! Do something with it! You're a sweet kid!"

(On a side note, I think I'm in love with this cute old lady)

She also informed me that she'd try to "step on his toes" (which I thought was a pretty badass line) to get him to act.
So, hopefully I'll get that slick ass car for free. If not, probably cheap. Anyone wanna spot me some money if the price is too high? I'll pay you back within a month. :x

Last edited:
My neighbor moved out a while back. He had a 300zx [not sure about the internals or anything... or year] and his son rocked the tranny... twice. When he moved out he moved it to my other neighbor's house... and it's been sitting in their front yard for months now.
I'm pretty sure it starts. Just not sure how well it drives.

Should I offer these guys some money? They might sell it to me for cheap since... you know. It's just kinda rotting there. I've found the car being engrossed by grass. Like, it'll start to come out of the front bumper in the little slits.

Is this car any good at drifting? >_>

And how hard is it to work on? I hear the engine bay is tiny in comparison to the engine.

The car isn't that bad for drifting. i have...well had one (crashed at desosto) and I slid it pretty welll. Im building another one. Imo It's an advanced car to drive. It's heavier and it needs to be modded. I learned on it cause i already had the car and did a tt swap before i got into drifting. I figured i already had a setup car and didnt wanna start over. Your gonna need suspension and steering angle mods. What I did is use spl spacers and more offset wheels( acts like wheel spacers) and something i havn't got to yet which i am doing on the new one is a tt rack for a quicker ratio and s13 control arms ( their stoppers are farther back)

The engine isnt that bad. Its only bad if you make it out to be. You can clean up the bay a good amount by gettin rid of some emission shit.

2+2 supposedly handles better cause of the longer wheel base, which is the same as an s14 but the 2+0 has the same wheel base as an s13. Mine was a 2+0 and i never had any problems. but i never experienced a 2+2.

Well if you don't want it lmk, I need another Z.

Last edited:
The car isn't that bad for drifting. i have...well had one (crashed at desosto) and I slid it pretty welll. Im building another one. Imo It's an advanced car to drive. It's heavier and it needs to be modded. I learned on it cause i already had the car and did a tt swap before i got into drifting. I figured i already had a setup car and didnt wanna start over. Your gonna need suspension and steering angle mods. What I did is use spl spacers and more offset wheels( acts like wheel spacers) and something i havn't got to yet which i am doing on the new one is a tt rack for a quicker ratio and s13 control arms ( their stoppers are farther back)

The engine isnt that bad. Its only bad if you make it out to be. You can clean up the bay a good amount by gettin rid of some emission shit.

2+2 supposedly handles better cause of the longer wheel base, which is the same as an s14 but the 2+0 has the same wheels base as an s13. Mine was a 2+0 and i never had any problems. but i never experienced an 2+2.

Well if you don't want it lmk, I need another Z.

For sure. If the price is too high, I'll send it your way.

But if I get it, wanna give me some pointers? Kinda show me the ropes?

A nice little update on the car,

I went over to see if the guy who's usually outside was there, but he wasn't. I didn't want to knock on the door because a sweet old lady lives there and I didn't want to interrupt her. I left a note basically saying that I'm Scott from next door and I was interested in the car, and was wondering if they would sell it. I left my number and the old lady called me. She informed me her son [the one who's usually outside] got locked up for a crime he did in California a few months back, which is why he and his wife moved back into her house. Then she said that the car belonged to this guy... I forget his name, but that's irrelevant. He was my neighbor, as I stated before. She said she sees him once or twice a week, and said that she's gunna try to get him to GIVE IT TO ME. She said I was a sweet kid, and that I'm a good person. She also said, "It's a really nice car, I think you should have it. It's just in my front yard deteriorating! If you won't use it, you can at least sell it! Do something with it! You're a sweet kid!"

(On a side note, I think I'm in love with this cute old lady)

She also informed me that she'd try to "step on his toes" (which I thought was a pretty badass line) to get him to act.
So, hopefully I'll get that slick ass car for free. If not, probably cheap. Anyone wanna spot me some money if the price is too high? I'll pay you back within a month. :x
i think you are the only one on this site that types with perfect grammar
good luck with getting it for free
and when it comes to 300s mongooze knows his shit :bigthumbu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom