2011 Ter-Tech events are cancelled

^Cause second gear is fun lol. Man I was waiting for the next Pbir, I was actually going to get ON the track

- PBIR over Fairgrounds anyday!
- 4 events per year (1 per season)
- 20 driver pre reg. minimum or the event doesnt happen
- $50 is cheap as hell considering the seat time on a REAL track...

.... hope we can work sumthing like this out for 2012!!!

It's sucks
Maybe an event every three months would work for next year
Thanks for the events I was able to run this year
Would go again inspite of driving 3 hours and being shut down for RAIN

Also, I suggest that the day of the event, that Ben shuts down the forums. So people have to actually come to the track and drift in real life.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

^Cause second gear is fun lol. Man I was waiting for the next Pbir, I was actually going to get ON the track

You can do that turn in 2nd gear. Pretend that shit is a mad tyte cul de sac on da str33tzzzz.

80% of the drifting community here in FL is beginners. They don't want to pay more than $50 to drift, even if they don't get as much time speeds if they pay more for more run time, and like what Jeremy said, they don't want to go fast. I don't blame them though, I still kinda suck at drifting and I don't feel comfortable drifting at PBIR just because it's a much faster track.

It's just what it is here in Florida, only time will tell for when drivers will want to drift on higher speed tracks.

PBIR isn't really that hard to drift... And just cause you have a long run up doesn't mean that you HAVE to floor it all the way up and do sick entries.. I only got to do one PBIR event before my motor grenaded, and I started at 70mph entries and at the end of the night was doing 90mph entries. FL drifters are gonna keep being noobs if all they attend is skid pads, lol.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a venue. Up here in NC we see some venue shuffling as well which tends to upset the masses. As for the level of participants at various venues... not everyone is a baller and they have to take their skill level and ability to repair after a crash/failure in to account when it comes to sliding at certain venues.

One thing you may want to incorporate is multiple activities at some of the higher speed venues. PBIR has a good bit of asphalt that could easily be turned in to a slower speed competition/drift-day area or even a drift clinic while the course itself is used for higher speed/skill drifting. That way the head count is still higher but you meet the needs of more drivers.

$50.00 is dirt cheap. I mean... that's almost auto-cross pricing right there. For access to a road course and if you incorporate the slower speed course as well one would think you should have no problem filling your driver field.
-Doug

p.s. check out my Facebook page, I've added a lot of pictures from this years Pro-Am events and many of you may be in them.

80% of the drifting community here in FL is beginners. They don't want to pay more than $50 to drift, even if they don't get as much time speeds if they pay more for more run time, and like what Jeremy said, they don't want to go fast. I don't blame them though, I still kinda suck at drifting and I don't feel comfortable drifting at PBIR just because it's a much faster track.

It's just what it is here in Florida, only time will tell for when drivers will want to drift on higher speed tracks.

I was just joking about that... kinda.

I mean, the turn at pbir is really slow. Like, you can do it in 2nd gear if you wanted to, and like Sal said, you don't have to floor all the way to the turn if you don't want to. You can putt into it at 25mph if you want. It's also really beginner friendly because there's so much run-off too.

SteveO, you would do fine there! It's way safer than cfrc!

I was mostly joking about dudes not wanting to go fast, because maybe they'd rather KILL IT at the skidpad, then have their friends make fun of them for entering the turn at PBIR at 35mph. It's not even about that though. There were always beginners there at the few events I made it to, and people that kinda know what they're doing, like me, are always down to help them out.

Yea I really really wanted to go to PBIR because I thought it would be a good track for me to move up to. I can start practicing some faster entries and if I mess up, there's plenty of run-off room and not a wall.

The fact that they were on Friday nights was also an issue because I have class at UF on Fridays and its hard to make it all the way down there from Gainesville after class (not to mention I'd have to stop in Orlando to actually get my s14).

I think that 1 saturday every 3 or 4 months would work for this track. $50 is NOT expensive for an event and I think its perfectly fine for beginners. Those who say its not beginner friendly don't know what they are talking about. It may be "harder" for a beginner because they don't have a bunch of skidpad room to take weird lines, but its a great way to actually learn. You never learn from doing the same things over and over. You only learn from trying new, harder things and getting better at them.

I know that they were Friday night because they were part of other events, but I think it was a factor for sure. No way I was going to arrive at 10 or 11pm after work :(

This track is mega-beginner friendly as others have stated. Its actually REALLY easy except the entry (if going fast) and then the transition you have to keep speed up. I bet the "FD 2011" setup would prove more technical, but slower, for a change of pace?

bummed to hear ....but change the weekend timing and that will for sure increase attendence

the problem is that there hasnt been a great amount of drivers since this time last year. its going to be very difficult to convince pbir to hod another drift practice with the numbers given. in the end only time will tell

Back
Top Bottom