10 years later 9/11/01

10 years ago I was sitting in a middle school classroom not fathoming the events happening on the television screen. Fast forward to today, doing a tour in Afghanistan. Time flies. I regret nothing.

same here^ i was in middle school and just remember watching the TV of what was happening for the first part of the day then they had everyone go home. Everyone was crying and it was crazy. i remember as if it was yesterday even thought it was so long ago

middle school science class on my 12th birthday. I remember my school was on lock down and my dad flew to Huntsville to the missile site there. Can't believe it's been 10 years.

Middle school social studies. We all thought it was like not a huge deal. A week or so prior to that, some nerd on a powered parachute wrecked into the statue of liberty and we all thought it was something like that.

i was in 11th grade in high school and when people started freaking out i asked whats wrong. they said the world trade center was attacked and i said. whats that? sorry. im canadian!

Damn....you all were in middle school? Damnit Im old :( I was working at the airport and we got news about what happened, turned the tv on in the breakroom and just sat there in awe. Listening to Howard Stern in the morning and he called it right away saying its a terror attack. But the media didnt want to assume anything but he was right on the money. The airport was shut down but we of course still worked through the day keeping updated with the news. It was an extremely quiet and unsettling day at work. Very sad to say the least. I dont have any family or friend ties that suffered from the event but my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones!

yea I was in my 7th grade science class when the first tower was hit. We were watching the news and then switched to my next class which was geography where we continued to watch the news. They stopped us from swtiching classes at that point and kids were starting to be picked up from school by parents but a lot of kids had to stay the rest of the day because their parents were working.

i remember some chick ran out of class crying bc her aunt worked in the towers and the teacher told her to not leave but she did anyways and she got suspended lol pretty messed up

Damn....you all were in middle school? Damnit Im old :( I was working at the airport and we got news about what happened, turned the tv on in the breakroom and just sat there in awe. Listening to Howard Stern in the morning and he called it right away saying its a terror attack. But the media didnt want to assume anything but he was right on the money. The airport was shut down but we of course still worked through the day keeping updated with the news. It was an extremely quiet and unsettling day at work. Very sad to say the least. I dont have any family or friend ties that suffered from the event but my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones!

It's good bro, I wasn't in middle school then, I was in elementary school.

But I remember that day, I was in forth grade and I remember going to the media center to do something for the teacher and seeing a bunch of wreckage and fire on the TV that the other media people were watching and just thought it was a traffic wreck, it didn't hit me what it was until after school and seeing it on like every TV channel.

I was in weight training class in high school when a teacher came in and announced that the towers were attacked

Dang I was 19 I think at the time of this event in a community college sociology class when the first plane hit. I remember feeling like something was off before I even knew about the first plane hitting the first tower. I remember I was sitting in my seat ready to take a test that I was completely unprepared for and just sped right through it to leave the class. Once I got to my truck I remember turrning on the radio like I usually did and heard the news. I knew right away that it was a terror attack and called my Dad and told him I thought it was Bin Laden. I got home and was already late for work and my Dad was there to meet me. I was so fired up and ready to enlist into the military that same day. My Dad said to me that we were most likely going to war and that it was going to be for a long time. My father served and I am preparing to serve in the AFR.

how i was in 5th grade, in class when the principle got on the loud speaker and told the teachers to turn on the tv to the news,that there had been a tragic event and when we turned it on, i think like 2 mins later thats when the second plane hit. it was crazy as a little kid watching ppl jump out of a building and wondering were will the go next. i didnt understand the concept, i hoped they were jumping in water or those big balloons they use in action movies, but the teacher told use there was nothing but concert...

middle school science class on my 12th birthday. I remember my school was on lock down and my dad flew to Huntsville to the missile site there. Can't believe it's been 10 years.

Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville is an awesome post. Just sayin'. NASA, Sergeant Major's Academy, EOD traning is all there.

Back
Top Bottom