Your life and drifting

Well.. I'm supposed to move back north with my girlfriend.. but what with all the money i spent on the car, upkeep and now modding, I haven't a penny to my name, so she pretty much hates me for that lol

and just yesterday my dad saw a new tranny i drug home amongst my half taken apart car mess in the garage and basically freaked out on me saying he's just about had enough of it all lmao

I got into drifting while I was in Tech School taking night classes and bought a 240sx a few weeks later. A month or two after that I quit school so I could go street sliding with friends during rainy season. Never re-registered for school lol.

Had a decent job, could work on my own car, and knew where to get parts from so it made the impact on my wallet a lot softer.

As far as gf not liking it, w/e shes a girl I don't care or expect her to like it, shes a gf not a wife :p

I ruined my Fathers garage and it's still partially jacked up from 5 years of pretty much operating a chop shop inside it lol. Neighbors hate me for swapping engines at 3am during the week and free revving without manifolds or downpipes.

But since I got into drifting I've met lots of really cool people, gotten laid plenty of times, got to travel the country, go to different tracks, ruin my license a couple of times, acquire a V.I.P. account with the local traffic ticket offices, learned soooooooo much about driving and car modding.

It never really interfered with anything.

I was always in it for fun and not to "become famous" or "get paid" for drifting so maybe that mindset made decisions about reality easier to choose between.

Want to talk to people with real bad habits find someone who plays WOW world of wacraft.....geez.

I played for almost 5years and just quit last October, good source of extra income if you are any good at it and sell accounts. (no drifting Tuesday nights because of this game!)

Last edited:
I get free tires, free parts, Free vinyl, Free track days, Sex with Asian girls lol, Travel with a formula D team that pays for travel, food and hotels. Friends with some of the models(working on more then friends). Made lots of friends.....and even get to see some of you guys at events. You guys are all doing it wrong.

Last edited:
I get free tires, free parts, Free vinyl, Free track days, Sex with Asian girls lol, Travel with a formula D team that pays for travel, food and hotels. Friends with some of the models(working on more then friends). Made lots of friends.....and even get to see some of you guys at events. You guys are all doing it wrong.

Yeah...

lemme ask you what you sacrificed, and had to do and endure to get to that point!!!!!

I look at drifting as something fun to do while i waited to my real life to start. Now that im married and have my daughter Maggie i can walk away from drifting knowing that i killed mad cars, money, tires, curbs, but i did get to drive alot of dope tracks and meet alot of cool people some of which are like family now. Hell when i first started driving events i had no job for 1 1/2 and still made it out to 16 events. Because of drifting i now own pretty much nothing other then my computer ive sold everything else to fund events and fixing my car. As for my wife she doesn't life me putting myself in harms way now that i have a daughter to raise but she still supports me wants me to do it till i feel its time to walk away. Hell she was in the car with me when i hit a poll at English town going fast as hell and she took it like a trooper. I look at it like this i went from small time projects (cars) that had no reward but now my with my daughter the payoff of doing it right is priceless. In the end what else can be said about drifting other then its Pitted so Pitted.

I look at drifting as something fun to do while i waited to my real life to start. Now that im married and have my daughter Maggie i can walk away from drifting knowing that i killed mad cars, money, tires, curbs, but i did get to drive alot of dope tracks and meet alot of cool people some of which are like family now. Hell when i first started driving events i had no job for 1 1/2 and still made it out to 16 events. Because of drifting i now own pretty much nothing other then my computer ive sold everything else to fund events and fixing my car. As for my wife she doesn't life me putting myself in harms way now that i have a daughter to raise but she still supports me wants me to do it till i feel its time to walk away. Hell she was in the car with me when i hit a poll at English town going fast as hell and she took it like a trooper. I look at it like this i went from small time projects (cars) that had no reward but now my with my daughter the payoff of doing it right is priceless. In the end what else can be said about drifting other then its Pitted so Pitted.

touching :')

I started when I was 17 and I am nearly 24 now. before I got into it and started learning to drive I hated my life pretty much I had few friends and nothing I truly enjoyed. I hated school, I hated my parents, I hated where I lived. But then on the internet one day because I had always liked cars and mechanical things I stumbled onto drifting.

Pretty much hands down best thing thats ever happened to me. It gave me something to work towards and sort of gave me purpose. I've met some of the most awesome people in my life through it some of the best friends I have ever had. I love events way more than street drifting simply because of the people. It gives me the fuel to put up with all the bullshit in my life. There are not many things in life that I really enjoy besides it so not spending money on having nice clothes is fine for me, not eating expensive food, not going to movies, not buying new video games or other entertainment I am fine with that as long as I can hit up a few events a year.

Its actually the number 1 issue I have with being in Korea right now. Is the fact that I can't drive over here and its killing me, but the upside is in 2 1/2 weeks i'll be in japan sliding around a missile car at ebisu and thats all that matters right now.

I racked up so much debt on my 240 that I couldnt pay for rent, food, gas, going out with friends etc back home. So I joined the military to save money and pay off my credit cards and loans. I finished paying off all my bills while in Tech School/ job training...THEN the military decides to give me Japan for my first base and it was all down hill from there.

I spend almost half my paycheck on brand new sets of tires the first week I get paid. I spend the rest of my check on track fees and gas. I have nooo money left over for food so I eat at the shitty chow hall 3 times a day. I suck at my job because of late drift nights throughout the week. I cant focus or study on my test material for more than 10min because I surf the web in drifting forums.

Basically it's taken over every inch of my life the military definitely made a bad decision when moving me to Japan because I'm 100 times worse off now than I ever was in the states fml. But drifting is an addicting passion and way of life and nothing feels better except getting laid.

I started when I was 17 and I am nearly 24 now. before I got into it and started learning to drive I hated my life pretty much I had few friends and nothing I truly enjoyed. I hated school, I hated my parents, I hated where I lived. But then on the internet one day because I had always liked cars and mechanical things I stumbled onto drifting.

Pretty much hands down best thing thats ever happened to me. It gave me something to work towards and sort of gave me purpose. I've met some of the most awesome people in my life through it some of the best friends I have ever had. I love events way more than street drifting simply because of the people. It gives me the fuel to put up with all the bullshit in my life. There are not many things in life that I really enjoy besides it so not spending money on having nice clothes is fine for me, not eating expensive food, not going to movies, not buying new video games or other entertainment I am fine with that as long as I can hit up a few events a year.

That^ all of it.

If I spent all the money I wasted in drifting on a wise investment or starting a business, I would probably be pretty wealthy.

I would also be short a lot of great memories and friendships.

Drifting has taken a backseat for me for the last two years(Since I got married, go figure). Getting things sorted out in my life, I was tired of living paycheck to paycheck(car part to car part), I don't think I will be drifting for another year yet, but I am patiently waiting.

Back
Top Bottom