Your life and drifting

What drifting has done to me:

-Allowed me to meet some very cool and interesting people
-Actually has made me money (I got the job at the track from doing the autocross and drifting events)
-Made me learn a lot of things that I didn't know before about cars
-Allowed me to spend my time in a constructive and productive way

Although what drifting has NOT done is,

-Ruin my credit/bank account
-Broken relationships
-Broken my car (yet)
-Made me late for work

I've been able to keep my day job, go to school, and still have time to chill with friends...

The only negative thing that has happened was that I got caught trespassing at a warehouse here in Orlando, but no fines, and didn't get arrested.

But I know I'm the exception, and I'm doing it in a ass-backwards way than most of you guys have, so it's not like most** everyone else can follow my example. But I still have a lot of years to go.

**Those that think they can, send me a PM.

oh yeah, drifting did get me fired from my old job....kinda.
My truck broke down in ATL after FD Road Atlanta and I couldnt get home in time for work. So they decided to be super awesome and fire me. I was trying to find a way out though. haha. The boss's were terrible.

when i first bought my first 240 i didnt really kno what i was getting into. i was pumped and soon met plenty of the jacksonville drifters and quickly made friends and was impressed by how nice and eager people were to help a new guy out. since then ive learned alot and dont regret any of it.

about more than a year ago my dad kicked me out for some stupid reasons and i was living on the street for almost 2 weeks. the day after i got kicked out i went to the local speed shop and ended up scoring an internship that lead to one of the high end drifters being my mentor more than anything and i learned more than ever (i still dont know shit lol)

i worked at honda and did the internship on my one day off a week. and it really was the reason i didnt grow crazy or stress myself out. 18 on my own with a psycho as a boss. and now that shop technician is helping me find a job where he works at now.

i love drifting. i feel im naturally better at it than other sports that i did in high school. i love the ppl in drifting and i cant wait to push myself and progress more!

My life so far. I havent done any events, but I street slide when i feel in the mood (which is all the time). Ive been through an SR already, and I love it. The people i knew back in the day that were sliding around (jimmy, sam, jay, dan, and all the other guys back in WPB) helped me realize that i wanna do it, not for the fun of being an idiot in a car, but the people and the scene is truly like nothing else. There are no clicks, no real hating, just good ol fun and progression. I love it, and dont wanna get out of it for a looong time.

Back
Top Bottom