Young FL Boy shot... People outraged... killer free

Who's the real bad guy here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was 6 foot @ 250+ lbs at 17. I use the word "kid," informally to identify him over the rentacop. I even stated he was a 6 foot tall football player, so he could have taken the guy down. There is no doubt about it.

at 17 I was 6'2" about 280 LBS... I could have easily taken an older person down, him being an athlete gave him an advantage over another average teenager.. but that's neither here nor there. The article Kelsey put up states that Zimmerman shot upwards to Martin while he was laying on the ground, this puts a whole new twist on the situation.

at 17 I was 6'2" about 280 LBS... I could have easily taken an older person down, him being an athlete gave him an advantage over another average teenager.. but that's neither here nor there. The article Kelsey put up states that Zimmerman shot upwards to Martin while he was laying on the ground, this puts a whole new twist on the situation.

We must have been 2 big sexy teens, lemme getcho numba!

I did see that article, and that's why I won't point a finger in any direction until some more factual evidence is produced.

Yeah. Exactly. So my point is, he could have been the attacker and Zimmerman the defandant. Take note i am in no way declaring any certain position yet as no concrete evidence has come of any of this. These are all just "what ifs". If zimmerman did shoot a kid unprovoked then yes, burn him at the stake. But if he was attacked then this was a justifiable shooting. And i dont have a kid so all of this "what of it was your child" talk doesnt work on me. And dont go on sayin well what about a loved one because of my loved one atacked someone and got shot, yeah id be pissed he got shot but i would also know they had it coming. It would never change my mind about gun control. The government would have to pry my empty gun from my dead hands.

A couple of close friends of mines were really close to Trayvon and actually went to high school with him and told me about how he was and what not. Says the kid wasn't thuggin' or had any history of ever doing anything illegal or anything. So do I believe the kid fought the Cuban? Maybe so, I mean if I'm walking and I see a random truck/person anything/anyone following me I'd run do what I can to get away..

Theres always two sides to a story and theres always tons of people who manipulate it and try to make their side sound more appealing to the public and to anyone who can do anything about it.

Can we all agree Zimmerman used excessive force and was WAY out of his boundaries or his self-apployed title of rentacop or neighborhood watchman? I think we can. Can we also all agree that although the kid, boy, man-child, was NOT armed and although he may have attacked the man or gave him some cuts and bruises, wasn't he in his own right to act in self-defense? I think so.

Now I'm not to familiar with gun-laws and all that jazz. I know alot of people on this forum are so hope I don't sound stupid. But when you pull out a weapon you are ALWAYS suppose to shoot to kill? If so Zimmerman is good. BUT arn't you only suppose to pull said weapon out when your life is in danger to a point where you feel you could be fatally harmed? If so, then I'd say he didn't do the right thing. Fight the kid if he was "attacking" you but he had no right to shoot him in the chest.

Regardless we probably won't ever know the FULL story and I DON'T see justice being served here. (Whatever any concerning parties feel is justice). I feel Zimmerman should ATLEAST have been detained and held in custody, drug tested, and interrogated, and go from there.

Troy Davis was executed for less then Zimmerman's accusations. Just sayin'.

I agree its fucked up, and as someone that carries I will only draw my weapon in a life for death situation not over a brawl, my problem with this specific story is the lack of information and all the speculation from people. There are to many what if's and maybes to have a strong opinion on this case. I feel once it goes to trial or an arrest has been made with factual information proving what really happened that day its all just speculation. I also wouldn't consider a 6'3" 17 year old a child, yeah legally anyone under the age of 18 is considered one but when I think of child, I think of someone under the age of 15 that's just my personal opinion.

^Finally someone said it... I mean yea I feel bad for the "kid" but this racist crap is stupid and who knows what really happened.

If the kid was a whitey, and the neighborhood watch was a black, I think this would have played out ALOT different.

I can not agree that Zimmerman used excessive force if he was knocked to the ground. Ask any cop and i guarentee you if they are knocked to the ground and their assailant is standing over them they will probably escalate the force necessary to stop them. If i am on the ground then damn yes i will probably draw and shoot. And the law isnt shoot to kill, it is shoot to stop the threat.

I didnt read most of the stuff but Im pretty sure if this guy was drawn into a confrontation he saught it out and provoked the guy... At the end of the day he used excessive DEADLY force on a minor with no weapons other than a bag of skittles and an Iced Tea

Id say if this went to court he would have no way to prove his life was in danger and would most likely be sentenced and he deserves it IMO

I can not agree that Zimmerman used excessive force if he was knocked to the ground. Ask any cop and i guarentee you if they are knocked to the ground and their assailant is standing over them they will probably escalate the force necessary to stop them. If i am on the ground then damn yes i will probably draw and shoot. And the law isnt shoot to kill, it is shoot to stop the threat.

Well there you go. Why shoot the kid in the chest? And look at the pics of Zimmerman, dude doesn't look like he can be taken down easily even if he never fought a day in his life. Not saying the "kid" was smaller by any means but your telling me if you pull out a gun on a "kid" hes not gonna stop? He would have been like psh "I don't care" and keep on fighting? I HIGHLY doubt that.

again... everything said so far is speculation...

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

If the kid was a whitey, and the neighborhood watch was a black, I think this would have played out ALOT different.

What if the shooter and the victim where both black? what if they where both white? I don't think it would have even made headlines...

Exactly. And if i draw my gun im not going to hesitate to pull the trigger. Maybe its different for me. With the training ive had ive been taught to start shooting if you have to from the moment i draw my m9 outa my drop leg all the way to full extension.

again... everything said so far is speculation...

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

What if the shooter and the victim where both black? what if they where both white? I don't think it would have even made headlines...

True. & I don't think so. Any race, same race, an self appointed neighborhood watch man shooting a unarmed minor I think would make headlines anywhere. The White & Black factor just puts the icing on the cake.

Thats why I said we may NEVER know what truly happen. But without knowing the true story, I FEEL Zimmerman still used excessive force on a unarmed minor and should ATLEAST have been detained by police, interrogated and drug tested to make sure he wasn't high as a kite or drunk as hell.

Exactly. And if i draw my gun im not going to hesitate to pull the trigger. Maybe its different for me. With the training ive had ive been taught to start shooting if you have to from the moment i draw my m9 outa my drop leg all the way to full extension.

Wtf???

I don't mean to steer this thread into a gun thread, but your ONLY supposed to engage AFTER you gained SIGHT PICTURE.

There is no way you have sight picture from an ankle holster until atleast full extension. Kneeling or back to standing position.

The ONLY exception is federal agents with DASA can "ground" the first shot to improve accuracy.

So i guess my question is what training do you have because all the stated info I gave was from the CCW class video

Edit: I just reread your post. Skimmed thru the first time.

I took it as start shooting as soon as its out of my leg until full extension.

But drop leg to full extension as you wrote refers to kneeling to standing?

I'm taking it as full extension means arms fully extended.

Last edited:
military so i guess its like cheating :p and had training through a private contracting group called Threat Management Group. And i dont mean ground the round. I can accuratley draw from my upper thigh area, get the gun on target and shoot all the way until my arms are at full extension. I would say look up mozambique (sp) drills.

But anyways. I say we all wait until some more concrete evidence comes out of this. Like isaid at this point my opinion goes both ways. If he legitimatley shot a kid unprovoked then hang him in the street. But if the kid actually attacked first and got zimmerman on the ground and then zimmerman used deadly force then let it be.

What bothers me is this happened almost a month ago... there should be concrete evidence out already... and wtf is up with Obama saying if he had a son he would look like Trayvon... what does that have to do with anything...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom