Who will get the win?

Who will be crowned 2012 Formula D Champion?

• Gittin

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Saito

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Millen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pawlak

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yoshihara

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Aasbo

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Tuerck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Ben

Hypermiler
Staff member
After 6 rounds of controversial calls, excessive use of the word proximity, and Daigo Saito, it all comes to an end this weekend at Irwindale. 7 drivers are competing for the chance to be crowned the 2012 champion but only one can come out on top. Who will it be? Place your vote in the poll above and be sure to tune in this weekend on the Driftstream to find out if you chose the winner.

Last edited:
I knew it. I knew saito was taking it home!! Job well done sir, but I do have to give matt fields a lot of credit BC he almost took saito out

Being a fan of Saito since way before he came to Formula D I would have to say I'm happy to see him get the win. That being said Matt Field deserved the win over Saito or at least another OMT.

Being a fan of Saito since way before he came to Formula D I would have to say I'm happy to see him get the win. That being said Matt Field deserved the win over Saito or at least another OMT.

^+1
and saito should drive a jzx100 next year thats what am used to seeing him in.

^^ haha I could understand that but the reason why saito won is I believe it was BC fields hit the wall on 3 out of 4 runs and technically that point deducted no matter how bad ass it looked. Matt fields killed it. If he didn't Hit the wall all those time the win would of gone to fields for sure.

but no deduction for Saito being super shallow in that area during his follow runs?.... im sorry, but ill take a wall tap over that everytime and if thats a loss the FD is failing terribly.

but thats the thing jason, feilds hits werent wall taps, he hit the wall BUT saved it to continue his runs.
i personally believe that this year was the best year for FD but at the same time, worst judging of the year.

but the judges have already said they want you to loose angle to stay close so yes no deduction for saito being shallow he was just following what fd told him to do

you guys are being zombied into what FD is asking. dont let that change your opinion of what should be. it has always been frowned upon to have less angle and line then the other guy. why is is so important to qualify on line and angle, if in tandem they only care for speed? it looks STUPID for one guy to risk it all and run the wall and the other dude run it shallow. and its not that Daigo NEEDs to catch up, mother fucker has 1200hp and everyone is talking about how he is 'killing v8s' and shit, and its REALLY pathetic that about 4 times this year he had controversial wins (Conrad twice, Walker, Fields, ??? others?- i dont count the JTP thing, JTP screwed up) because of his shallow angle.

you know if a 500hp car showed up to a local event and a 160hp NA/KA car was on a better line with more angle and the 500hp car was running shallow line/lower angle to be close, EVERYONE WOULD CALL HIM A HUGE PUSSY and say he cant drive; not be all like, "yea, dude totally won that"... but here with Saito everyone is too busy trying to get some of his dimsum in their mouths they don't admit he is taking the lamest line and angle when following (his lead runs are spectacular = adding to my "WTF is this shit" feeling on his follows)

watch more videos of other battles, it all depends on who is doing it. Some times annoucning is all "ah, so and so is so shallow and blahblah blah" but when daigo does it they neglect that part and say "ahhh he is sooo close omfg, like totally for real!!! ah hah!"

perhaps daigo is playing FD's "game", but I sure hope this proximity is king bs is changed next season. its not in the spirit of drifting to be low angle, the whole idea of drifting we all know is to be at the largest angle you can while maintaining line and speed.

I think in the Fields battle Daigo got totally "holy shit he is hitting the wall and crashing" so he played it safe, lifted, and then had to play catch up... well, he didnt crash, and your line looked like crap, you lost in my mind.

ps. I LOVE daigo and think he probably IS the BEST IN THE WORLD, but I hate that he is being so lame in these battles, even if its a win by FD standards.

Last edited:
Field definitely did awesome... But it looks to me like he's the one that went shallow to keep up, especially on the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom