where were you?

6th grade English in the library. School got put on lock I thought a plane was coming for us!

4rd grade i was just starting school and they turned on the tv and everyone was crying and stuff, i was kind of confused since i didnt really know what was going on. then the principal come on the intercom and asked if everyone could hold hands, so we did for about 20 mins.

hold hands? that made me laugh lol...

i was in 9th grade Homeroom...everyone was glued to the tv...the bells would ring to switch classes and no one moved. the school was on lock down and no visitors where allowed in. only parents picking up their children.

i was in 9th grade Homeroom...everyone was glued to the tv...the bells would ring to switch classes and no one moved. the school was on lock down and no visitors where allowed in. only parents picking up their children.

9th grade?? holy crap

7th grade reading ,the teacher turned on the tv and i thout it was a movie or something, no one told us wat was going on they just sent us home

8th grade, sittin on my sofa in greece,(time difference) flippin through channels. btw, greek news doesnt hold back on what they show

LOL idk why they made us do that but they did I was 10 at the time so

danm everyone is a kid in here lol.. i was working :p didnt know what happened until the night.

Lol I win. 2nd grade Engrish class. Everyone was getting signed out but I didn't know about it till I got home. It was pretty creepy. I remember asking my mom why they were doing that.

ahhh yes... 4th grade in mrs.ritchies class...... she got an email that disclosed her from telling us what was going on. i could sense that her emotions were cut deeply. as usual i rode home on my bike and came home to a crying mother... the tv was on and we watched what was going on. i was young and naive and didnt care about the event taking place back then. i continued to play thy video games!

I was a supervisor for the airport valet parking in Ft. Lauderdale. after the 1st plane hit I got a call to hold all cars on the ramp till further notice... I left 2 valet runners on the podium and went into the security office (I actually had security clearance), thats wen I saw the second plane hit on the TV they had in the office. it was then when the chief of security told me " shut down the valet and get all the cars to the back of the lot, I'm sending some officers to the lot, have all the runners go back to the lot and have all the keys for the cars ready I'm sending a unit to the lot".

1/2 hour later I was told we had to send every1 home. it took years to get the valet back to the airport and all of the valet employees were sent to work for other properties.

I was in 6th grade english class, (located in Hamden Connecticut...) my uncle lee, was working on the 98th floor of the north tower, and my friend anthony yagovani was in the lower floors with his dad for his birthday. at about 9 oclock the tv was turned on... i happened to be the messenger amongst all the rooms as our room was 1 of 2 rooms with tv's...so i was told to go back and forth amongst several classrooms with written notes from the head nuns... (yeah catholic school... im italian what do you want.) and in the midst of it all i remember like a month ago we as a family visited my uncle for a family office party and started to break down and cry... when i went back to my english room, i noticed a lot of kids were crying (mind you its Connecticut so alot of parents work in NY) so me and like 15 kids were brought down stairs and were waiting for a our parents... soon enough there were parents everywhere... when i got home my mom had stayed tough in the car but when she turned the tv she started sobbing... like 20 minutes after we got home all sitting with my mom we got a call from my aunt lisa, saying that she couldnt get in touch with lee, and everything just turned ugly... i had this disgusting pit feeling in my stomach, and that lump feeling in your throat due to the crying... and my dad got home. my parents started calling all of our family or friends working in ny... my aunt lisa was franticly trying to get in touch with my uncle... but it was kind of accepted that he passed after noon... school was canceled for like the rest of the week, but this was no vacation, and when we got back to school there was a memorial for anthony one of our classmates and his family.... who were celebrating his 11th birthday... 9/11 will never be forgotten in this household and it is a very sad reminder everyday... for all those who cant take this thread semi seriously please dont post... just because you live in florida and it didnt have any effect on you there is no need to post silly shit in here... but you will do as you do so be it.

for all those involved in this tragedy may you REST IN PEACE!!!!

Last edited:
terrible story skinny... sucks you had to get directly effected.

and everyone is real young up in here. i was freshman year in college. dad called and woke me up (class wasn't till 12) and said turn on the tv! we are under attack!. sat and watched it until it was class time, reluctantly left and got on school transport shuttle. 5 min into trip they cancelled classes. got back home after the 45min loop and turned the tv back on at apt and watched for who knows how long.

Back
Top Bottom