whats a good $700 laptop i can buy????

PlatanoDrifter said:
i def said 700ish area not 1000+ lol macs are expensive im not doing anything crazy on it i just want to store video and pictures and use itunes and download music and ocasionally surf the web if i want a badass computer i'll get a desktop for that this is just for simple personal use :bigthumbu i just want it for that and the portable wireless u know ;) so i can save some bills when im there lol but im wondering if its worth buying im getting agravated becaus ei need to sell the damn sr so i can have paper to enjoy myself more u know :(
someone buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last time I buy a car part from you if you're gonna go spend it on junk!

They got a refurb Core 2 Duo right now for $950 at the link I posted earlier. For 250 more than that Gateway POS you can have something decent that will last a long time and has actual support. People keep saying that all brands take a crap, and I mentioned it's how long it takes to crap out that's important. The other question you need to ask is what Gateway is gonna do for you when it fails. Hint: Less than Apple or IBM, according to Consumer Reports.

You asked for advice and you got it, if you're gonna buy the first cheap thing you saw then why did you ask for advice in the first place?

obby said:
There are two brands of laptop: Apple and IBM. Can't afford one? Buy used.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...rowse&mco=3929D548&node=home/specialdeals/mac
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/s...1&catalogId=-840&langId=-1&categoryId=2576396

Durability man. Every brand takes a dump, yes. However IBM and Apple are the ones that can hold it in the longest. They're almost constipated by comparison. You should see the beating my girlfriend's Macbook has taken and it still works fine. I'm using an IBM A30(probably the most unreliable thinkpad) it is 5 years old and works just fine, only thing I had to replace was a battery. Durability above all else, remember you're gonna be lugging this thing around. If you drop a POS laptop you're going to end up with a $1000 lap warmer.

A T series or an Intel Macbook should meet your needs. An Intel Macbook will be better if you want to capture video because of the firewire port(edit: not to mention pimp software), however you can buy an expansion card for the IBM to add firewire.

Also +1 on HPs being horrid pieces of shit. Also on my shit list are Sony and Toshiba for making flimsy unreliable garbage. Dell's on my shit list too for personal reasons because I was issued one for a few months and the fucking thing would electrocute me at random(NO IT WAS NOT ON THE RECALL LIST). However on average Dell makes *ok* laptops.

Did I mention there are only two brands of laptop?

HE SAID EVERY THING I HAD ON MY MIND!!! i have worked for the geek squad for about a year now and i can tell you 1 i have never seen an apple come in for repairs!!!! NEVER! only had one mac book come in for a ram upgrade. 2 I have seen less then 10 IBMS and all of them were over 5yrs old. now every other brand i have seen come back countless times, i have seen every other brand have at least one pc have hardware failures within the first month!, i have seen 2 GATEWAYS BRAND NEW OUT THE BOX THAT I OPENED NOT WORK AT ALL!

I will never buy any other brands as far as laptops go that arent IBM or Apple after everything i have seen at my job.

PS BEST BUY HAD A IBM ON CLEARANCE FOR $500 :bigthumbu ABOUT A WEEK AGO WE SOLD OUT IN MY STORE BUT IF YOU FIND ONE IN A BEST BUY THERE END OF LIFE SO THEY ARE GOING TO BE SELLING FOR AROUND $500 WITCH IS $700 BELOW COST!!!! :eek:

jdmnismo300 said:
my bed is a good 3 feet from da floor ive been drunk about 3 times and ive knocked it off da bed onto the tile floor no problem i even fell asleep with the screen on had a bad dream and PUNCHED DA SHIT out of the screen its working like it did a year ago perfect mac ftw

wow. you lead an amazing life my friend. <3

PS BEST BUY HAD A IBM ON CLEARANCE FOR $500 :bigthumbu ABOUT A WEEK AGO WE SOLD OUT IN MY STORE BUT IF YOU FIND ONE IN A BEST BUY THERE END OF LIFE SO THEY ARE GOING TO BE SELLING FOR AROUND $500 WITCH IS $700 BELOW COST!!!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

^^^^^ back to school sale!!!!!!

i want an apple but there so expensive if it were atleast 850 or soemthing close to that it would be fine but all the ones ive seen are 1100+

any suggestions know of any sales????

OMFG!!!!!!! :mad: I give up with you... Make up your mind Carlos!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

You need to search and find what exactly is the computer that fits you best, Then you go out and find it for the cheapest posible price. :bigthumbu

JDM_Of_Miami said:
OMFG!!!!!!! :mad: I give up with you... Make up your mind Carlos!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

You need to search and find what exactly is the computer that fits you best, Then you go out and find it for the cheapest posible price. :bigthumbu

i dont know what fits me best i just want space wireless internet and itunes nothing more and nothing less i will have tons of vacation video and pictures so i need to put them somewere this time so lmk :bigthumbu

what you should do is get a ok HP, DEll, SONY (NO Toshiba!) with Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows Vista Home Premium, Intel core 2 duo or AMD Turion 64 X2 processor with more then 2.0GHz. The lowest amount of hard drive memory because it's cheaper to upgrade it yourself to something BIG like 250G@5400rpm and 2G of RAM. Which 2G of ram is ok but I recommend upgrading to a 3 or 4G's. 4G's would only be $200 to upgrade and it's extremly nice for video editing.
The best place I find great to buy from is Newegg.com!!! Great prices on everything!
or do what I did, buy a crazy a$$ gaming laptop for 1700 from http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/r05/ri05.asp
I'm going to upgrade the ram soon to the 4G and the hard drive to 200G@7200rpm.
well good luck!

Back
Top Bottom