whats a good $700 laptop i can buy????

PlatanoDrifter

Authorized Drifter
Driver
im going to buy a laptop so whats a good one i can get for under 700 bucks i do music downlads and im getting into video editing im going to dr so it will be my primary computer so lmk i need a computer wiz's advice :bigthumbu

e30 gangsta said:
there no such thing as a good laptop for video editing thats $700 bucks. Any new laptop that is 700 bucks is a pos

well im not too serious in it im just doing lil vacation vids and stuff i just need something i can take to dr that will get the job done u know i just want to know whats my options i really dont wanna spend more than that :( and im not to keen on computer specs i know nothing of what they mean i just think like everyone else the more of anything it has is better :bigthumbu

For $700.00 you're gonna get a very basic model with very little features and basic video and sound card. Trust me for a good one you would need to spend at least $1800.00

Good luck, you call also go to www.dell.com and look under the refurbished laptops. They also offer warranty for those laptops.

JDM_Of_Miami said:
For $700.00 you're gonna get a very basic model with very little features and basic video and sound card. Trust me for a good one you would need to spend at least $1800.00

Good luck, you call also go to www.dell.com and look under the refurbished laptops. They also offer warranty for those laptops.

damn now im sad :( lol i dont want a POS one looks liek im just gonna have to buy a jump drive and external hardrive and just use the ones at the internet cafe's :(

PlatanoDrifter said:
damn now im sad :( lol i dont want a POS one looks liek im just gonna have to buy a jump drive and external hardrive and just use the ones at the internet cafe's :(

Don't be sad!!!! Look on dells specials... You know back to school sales are coming up!!!!, So why don't you just wait till before school starts???

JDM_Of_Miami said:
Don't be sad!!!! Look on dells specials... You know back to school sales are coming up!!!!, So why don't you just wait till before school starts???

i LEAVE TO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ON sep 3 i think sales start afer that dont they??? :confused:

PlatanoDrifter said:
i LEAVE TO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ON sep 3 i think sales start afer that dont they??? :confused:

Start looking now!!!! Go to the brandsmart website!!! and start looking!!! They have early sales and sometimes they are cheaper prices than the before back to school sales.. Just shop around, And don't buy an Hp Laptop.

there no such thing as a good laptop for video editing thats $700 bucks. Any new laptop that is 700 bucks is a pos
Thats bull. For basic use, and some editing you don't need a fucking monster of a laptop either. I work at circuit city (tech department). A nice hp with 2 gigs of ram, and a dual core will be fine...and an ok video card. You don't need something thats ready to run autocad, edit videos, and burn cd's at the same time either...
Something like this is fine...
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-P...85622/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Whatever you buy with those features should be fine... :bigthumbu
And don't buy an Hp Laptop.
I've seen every brand of laptop take a dump, brand doesnt really matter...toshiba, sony, hp and, dell are the best brands. I could say don't get an acer...but some have lasted 3 years with not 1 problem. I've seen $2000 dollar dells come in for repair...

Last edited:
JDM_Of_Miami said:
Start looking now!!!! Go to the brandsmart website!!! and start looking!!! They have early sales and sometimes they are cheaper prices than the before back to school sales.. Just shop around, And don't buy an Hp Laptop.

cool so what compaq dell apple these are good???what are outher ones i may not know about i just want to know what to look for :bigthumbu thanks

rb_reds13 said:
Thats bull. For basic use, and some editing you don't need a fucking monster of a laptop either. I work at circuit city selling computers and at their tech-bench. A nice hp with 2 gigs of ram, and a dual core will be fine...and an ok video card. You don't need something thats ready to run autocad, edit videos, and burn cd's at the same time either...
Something like this is fine...
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-P...85622/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Whatever you buy with those features should be fine... :bigthumbu

cool thanks for the tips .......whats wrong with hp's????

There are two brands of laptop: Apple and IBM. Can't afford one? Buy used.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...rowse&mco=3929D548&node=home/specialdeals/mac
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/s...1&catalogId=-840&langId=-1&categoryId=2576396

Durability man. Every brand takes a dump, yes. However IBM and Apple are the ones that can hold it in the longest. They're almost constipated by comparison. You should see the beating my girlfriend's Macbook has taken and it still works fine. I'm using an IBM A30(probably the most unreliable thinkpad) it is 5 years old and works just fine, only thing I had to replace was a battery. Durability above all else, remember you're gonna be lugging this thing around. If you drop a POS laptop you're going to end up with a $1000 lap warmer.

A T series or an Intel Macbook should meet your needs. An Intel Macbook will be better if you want to capture video because of the firewire port(edit: not to mention pimp software), however you can buy an expansion card for the IBM to add firewire.

Also +1 on HPs being horrid pieces of shit. Also on my shit list are Sony and Toshiba for making flimsy unreliable garbage. Dell's on my shit list too for personal reasons because I was issued one for a few months and the fucking thing would electrocute me at random(NO IT WAS NOT ON THE RECALL LIST). However on average Dell makes *ok* laptops.

Did I mention there are only two brands of laptop?

Last edited:
my bed is a good 3 feet from da floor ive been drunk about 3 times and ive knocked it off da bed onto the tile floor no problem i even fell asleep with the screen on had a bad dream and PUNCHED DA SHIT out of the screen its working like it did a year ago perfect mac ftw

my ex had a toshiba tablet that she threw around everywhere...and the shit held up good. as far as PC's go, Toshiba's and IBM's are by far the most durable. For $700 though, good luck finding a laptop to do video editing. your going to spend at least $1000 to get the basics you need for that.

i saw a nice gateway yesterday is tht good????it seems pretty good i liked it and it was 700 and i bought my noice 80g ipod yesterday i love this thing i do more internet surfing and music downloading than anything so what do u guys recomend specs were like rb_reds13 described...i think it should be fine ima pick it up monday....now somebody buy my damn motor so i dont go broke LOL today im buying the 360 elite and a and a sony handy came for my vacation so its gonna be a fun vacation :bigthumbu

i was just curoious what if i just buy external hard drive can i have my itunes and all that in it?? cause im thinking of just buying this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...rnal+hard+drive&type=product&id=1142290230595

and going to internet cafe's and using their comouters and just save everythign to this bad boy.....any opinions suggestions?

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...display_price|1&Ntk=All&product_code=52818661

found this too

obby said:
No such thing.

Get a Macbook.

i def said 700ish area not 1000+ lol macs are expensive im not doing anything crazy on it i just want to store video and pictures and use itunes and download music and ocasionally surf the web if i want a badass computer i'll get a desktop for that this is just for simple personal use :bigthumbu i just want it for that and the portable wireless u know ;) so i can save some bills when im there lol but im wondering if its worth buying im getting agravated becaus ei need to sell the damn sr so i can have paper to enjoy myself more u know :(
someone buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteRoid said:
you can get mines i got a dell xps had it for 7 month till i got tired of school and now i dont need it 300$

pics?? does it have windows vista??lol i dunno i just want it to have the new stuff :bigthumbu my dada offered me his but i heard such good things about vista i wanna try it and it looks cool at the store :bigthumbu

Back
Top Bottom