? what would be more beneficial KA w q45 TB OR ka w ITBs??? running megasquirt

jrsink

Banned
hey guys i would like to open a discussion.
my car is nearing the end of completion and almost ready for destruction again :)
i have evrything set up for gsxr 750 ITBs on my ka24de in my hatch running off megasquirt V2.
i plan on eventually turboing this setup after an intial NA tune, prob netting about 170-180hp. with a turbo, even a t25, should be well over 250 to the wheels and CRAAAAAZy responsive.

BUT

i have been getting some guff from a few saying that a q45 TB would be more beneficial than using gsxr ITBs. the way i see it a q45 TB is 90mm, then into a plenum to get to the motor.
ITBS are at least 25-30mm (havnt measured yet, but i will now wen i get home) each TB, thats over 110-120mm worth of air being rammed in INSTANTLY.

any input would be greatly appreciated.
car will be sporting 370cc injectors, 2 exhaust cams (91-93 ka oem ex cams), and a fresh tune. also a very nice 4 -2-1 long tube header.

when i turbo it all i would like to use a s15 t28 turbo.

discuss

haha you think your gonna get 180 hp from a na ka just cause you have itb's thanks for the good laugh

none of it would be! why do people insist to keep trying dumb things that dont work?

you all are haters i have seen and driven awesome powerband ka's with 170 whp it feels great. i would deff go with itbs over a huge tb throttle response will be much better even on boost i would rather have itbs

Yeah ITB's for now, then take them off, make a custom plenum and rock that turbo.

Instead of using a S15 turbo, why don't you go for a T3 or a holset.
Make a lot more power and wouldn't have that tiny ass turbo.
Plus S15 Turbos are madd $$ aren't they???

PS. ITBs sound sick.!!!!

I don't think your gonna be at the 170-180whp range with Itb's alone, but with cams and a good tune You should be right there.......I'm almost done with my itb setup as well, I should have it in in the next 2 weeks, drop me a line if you wanna check it out when its done.

that dude on zilvia made like 210whp. and he had ITBs, .60 over high comp pistons, cams, gears, valves, springs and retainers, megasquirt, a sick ass header and some other tidbits here and there

235whp

The guy your talking about is greaser, currently with some more mods hes at about 235whp on an na ka and hes running 100 octane....

More Beneficial?
2JZ :bigthumbu
Haha Na na... jf w/ ya homie....
I have no clue lol....but ITBs would sound better and
you'd get equal amount of air intake into each 12 cylinders haha na
But Keep killin them zip-tied sakryderz withat gritty shit :thumbup:

More Beneficial?
2JZ :bigthumbu
Haha Na na... jf w/ ya homie....
I have no clue lol....but ITBs would sound better and
you'd get equal amount of air intake into each 12 cylinders haha na
But Keep killin them zip-tied sakryderz withat gritty shit :thumbup:
....what.

i will be very happy with what ever power goals are netted. i have everything for a na ka setup running on itbs with big 370-660cc injectors. and ill install another 91-93 ex cam on the intake side. i have a real nice header too.ill post up pix and numbers as soon as i can/.i gotta pay 900 bux this weeks for tickets

dont run your motor on this

Hamster_in_wheel_2.gif

that is all

i dont understand master.
i have everything for the itb setup. and can easily ka-t it with the itbs after.

the discussion is here is wether a q45 tb would be more benficial for either a na ka itb setup or ka-t itb setup.

details pleese.

Back
Top Bottom